Will Freo use lube this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our structure is more set up for wet weather football, with a sweeper and condensed midfield pressure. Not to mention the forward line as a result are more pushed up the ground, hence easier to run on to the football over the top. But hey, what do I know?
Cheers for the heads up. I'll head over to Subi while everyone's at the dawn service and set the reticulation to come on at 5pm.

This is exactly the type of challenge where we can stand up and gain the respect we so desparately seek as a footy club. All odds stacked against us with key individuals out, playing last year's grand finalists on their sandy dung hill and they're on the rebound, and having major question marks over our bonafides as a top 8 contender due to our inconsistencies.

I'd love to think our players will be spurred on by that opportunity, as we were when beating Port post Duck's departure, and also when we beat Sydney in Archer's milestone game.

If it bleeds etc.

Stuff the lube. If they're going to give us a rogering I say we take it like men, bareback and Vaseline free, as we'll deserve the sphincter burn which ensues if we do fail to stand up and fight this one out.
Prison rules, by the 3 stroke (10 goals down) blood and tears can be lube???

In this game, I'd rather we play 120 minutes of ugly, ugly kick to kick football and win than die playing beautiful football. Let's turn the game medieval and out Ross Lyon, Ross Lyon.

In this game, I'd rather we play 120 minutes of ugly, ugly kick to kick football and win than die playing beautiful football. Let's turn the game medieval and out Ross Lyon, Ross Lyon.
We need to hunt the ball and if the Freo player has the ball pretend they're Crowley.

Bon should make up a rumour that the Freo team have been laughing them and even said Cunners dad and JZ's dad have been hooking up. Cunnington may get rubbed out for 10 weeks but what an opening bounce.

Jacobs has his problems/deficiencies but he'll put his body in.
McKenzie and Jacobs are very different players and yes, Jacobs will put the body in, however, his disposal under even perceived pressure is absolutely not AFL standard. On a big ground against a high pressure side he will end up costing us. On a smaller ground like Etihad you can at times just kick to position when under pressure, and don't always you need to pinpoint a target. But on a Subi I would say that is more difficult to play that way. Especially given the way we play this season, it's not so much about running forward of the ball and share possession, but more about retaining the ball.

Right now if it was a choice of McKenzie or Jacobs, I'd take Jacobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh if we win, I will be in here claiming this thread was reverse psychology at its finest but if we lose I will be here saying told ya so. ;)

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

When did you buy a waffle machine?

Sent from the future using Marty McFly

Two words: damage control.

Freo have my favourite non North player in the league in David Mundy. All the talk is about Fyfe, but that bloke is an absolute jet. Let him off the chain for too long and he'll cut you up, he gets dangerous possessions, not just cheap hands.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-04-23/et-lyon-praises-north

Sounds like his trying to put the pressure onto North

He's grooming us!

ross-lyon-eyes-o.gif

So 48 hours before the game and he hasn't done any homework on his next opponent. What a crock of shizen.

Doesn't need to. Taken us to the cleaners.

Rd 2 2010 vs Stkilda - we lose 143 -39
Rd 20 2010 vs Stkilda - we lose 115-63
Rd 15 2011 vs Stkilda - we lose 79-70
Rd 23 2011 vs Stkilda - we lose 135 - 70
Rd 22 2012 vs Fremantle - we lose 132 -79
Rd 13 2013 vs Fremantle - we lose 67-29

Ross Lyon 6 - 0 Brad Scott

Last edited:
Doesn't need to. Taken us to the cleaners.

Rd 2 2010 vs Stkilda - we lose 143 -39
Rd 20 2010 vs Stkilda - we lose 115-63
Rd 15 2011 vs Stkilda - we lose 79-70
Rd 23 2011 vs Stkilda - we lose 135 - 70
Rd 22 2012 vs Fremantle - we lose 132 -79
Rd 13 2013 vs Fremantle - we lose 67-29

Ross Lyon 6 - 0 Brad Scott
Those margins are diabolical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back