Will Minson sent off and reported in VFL for pushing an umpire - UPDATE: Appeal Successful

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wondering how Minson could be selected this week, then I heard his 4 week suspension was overturned to a fine.

Can't recall such a hefty suspension getting overturned to that extent but it shows what a joke the original suspension was.

A big plus for the Bulldogs too having a ruckman that can win ruck taps, Mumford would've destroyed Cordy.

The fact that anything at all came of this is the height of lunacy. Rules are there for a reason - to interpret Minsons actions as anything to do with that reason is moronic.

Missed half a game of Football and $7500 fine is now the outcome.

Opposed to original penalty of 5 1/2 games. (Footscray has the bye this week)

Ouch think of how many PS4 consoles he could have purchased instead of being fined for touching an umpire.

The fact that anything at all came of this is the height of lunacy. Rules are there for a reason - to interpret Minsons actions as anything to do with that reason is moronic.

Very very lucky he got away with a fine in the end. I would have been satisfied with the original decision being upheld.

Should've been 2 weeks. Doesn't matter how much force is there. Do not touch the umps. Simple as that
AFL+Rd+22+Western+Bulldogs+v+Sydney+GQ02szS5Ipcx.jpg

How many weeks should Goodes have got for this then?

AFL+Rd+22+Western+Bulldogs+v+Sydney+GQ02szS5Ipcx.jpg

How many weeks should Goodes have got for this then?
2 weeks at least. Simple. Don't touch them

Just because he is a champion and plays for my club doesn't mean he shouldn't have been given weeks. I'm sorry I don't have double standards like you wanted :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the biggest fine ever handed out at VFL level. That's a fair punishment.

Bit meaningless though since Minson is an AFL-listed player. $7,500 to him is nothing compared to a regular VFL player who probably earns $50-100k p.a. doing something other than playing footy full time.

IMO we have managed to reach the worst possible outcome. He was cited, given a hefty ban and now the ban has been overturned and he walks away with a fine and a reprimand. I'm not really sure what message that sends overall.

2 weeks at least. Simple. Don't touch them

Just because he is a champion and plays for my club doesn't mean he shouldn't have been given weeks. I'm sorry I don't have double standards like you wanted :)
Wasn't looking for double standards at all - was hoping you might realise that rules like "intentionally making contact with, or striking an umpire" can't be interpreted the way you seem to think. It makes a mockery of the rule's intention.

Probably deserved a game but better than him getting 4 games - that was a real joke.

Spare a thought for Todd Curley who did it by total accident and got 8 weeks. One of the worst decisions of all time....

Wasn't looking for double standards at all - was hoping you might realise that rules like "intentionally making contact with, or striking an umpire" can't be interpreted the way you seem to think. It makes a mockery of the rule's intention.
No. Just don't touch umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back