Opinion Will Minson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah i love the big mullet too. I hope it's sunny when he does that lap.

Imo we need one first ruck like Gorringe even if Hampson improves. If Ivan goes for two or three more yrs Hampson will be 30. The real concern is Shaun stays at exactly the same level where hes been at for his entire career.
The bloke has had nine yrs and shown hes incapable of correcting some very basic weaknesses.. Im not sure what makes the club think he will suddenly get himself up to an okay Afl level. His ruck work has been very good, our trouble and Carltons when he was there, is he does everything else so poorly.

I agree in the short term we have #1 ruck covered in Ivan.
In the short to long term 2nd ruck/fwd covered with Griffiths/Vickery/Mcbean. I can't envision any of the 3 as a permanent kpf. Because of this im all for getting a quality key forward instead of continuing to procrastinate if Vickery or Griffiths can eventually hold down a key position spot.
What we really need is the Gorringe aged #1 ruck to cover our bases with Ivan and in case Hampson continues to fail to make the step up to afl.

A bigger issue imo is a need for quality kpps. One to partner JR as i have never seen Vickery as the answer and Griffiths just doesnt impact the scoreboard enough. I would really like us to go hard at Adam Tomlinson. Imo Tomlinson, Riewoldt and Griffiths would be ideal.

Two kps down back are a need. Especially if Rance walks out of the game. I still lament we didnt use pick 12 last year on one of Durdin or Lever. I also lament the lack of interest in Frawley as well as the small fwd Garlett. Frawley, Rance and either Durdin or Lever would have been ideal going forward. Garlett would have saved a lot of heart ache as well.

Last edited:

Would rather wheel out Troy Simmonds or Greg Stafford than get Mincemeat Minson to Punt Road.

Here's a picture of him offering what he thinks is fairy floss to Cooney. Not the kind of skills we need at Richmond. Pass.
0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back