Will Nicky G replace Brock??

Remove this Banner Ad

nick-graham-o_zps01660eb3.gif

Pussa is no Hulme...

:D

One of the better trainers at the club.

As Cringle said, it's his intensity as a midfielder...even on Friday aside from THAT play he was caught just waiting outside the pack a little. I really hope we just play him though and make him learn on the job.

Geez he had more of an impact than Mick's son Daisy though. Mick doesn't want to apply too many double standards he'll lose the players.

Geez he had more of an impact than Mick's son Daisy though. Mick doesn't want to apply too many double standards he'll lose the players.
It is becoming pretty clear that you have a negative agenda with Mick. Apart from mostly critiquing Mick's media work with a majority of your posts, you've now had a dig on a thread about Nick Graham.
Everyone's got the right to an opinion but you dont need to push it everywhere.

I really want him to develop for us and him. I did notice on Friday night a couple of times he look a tad lost. There was one instance we had either a mark or free kick on the wing. Nick was inside the square and was unsure where to run or lead to. Looked uncomfortable, but with more opportunity comes confidence and awareness.
Good luck to him and all our newbies!

It is becoming pretty clear that you have a negative agenda with Mick. Apart from mostly critiquing Mick's media work with a majority of your posts, you've now had a dig on a thread about Nick Graham.

Fair enough, I have already said the media stuff doesn't really bother me I just joined in the convo and pointed out he brings it upon himself. My comment you quoted is relevant to this discussion. And yes I hate double standards, especially where nepotism is involved. And I think his treatment of Graham has been nothing short of ridiculous.

With only 5 rounds to go I wouldn't be surprised to see nick start no vest Cripps brought back in Johnson and Holman also getting 1 to 2 games mick will want them all to get the idea of the intensity level they will have to reach and give them some confidence leading into the preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that nick is going to be a starter this week with our outs. Might even see Johnson back in as well.

Good thing we have a week off. Just what some of the boys need.

What I like about Graham is that his kicking seemed really good. His kick to the middle with plenty of traffic around that Murphy has butchered a few times was bullet like. His deft chip on to the running Ellard(?) in order to set up the Waite goal in the last was precise. And of course his finish from the Simmo handpass was fabulous.

Whether or not he'll make it, I hope he plays full games for the rest of the season.

After Brocks recent average performances, many have posted Nick G to replace him. Based on Nicks limited opportunities so far, will he cut it at AFL level? I hope he will.

Any feedback.....?

Blues need bite bullet with few senior players, need game time into these kids.. Think Carrazzo another on his way out with Garlett

Sammy Doc said in a post match interview on K-Rock that Graham has been the sub because his defensive work let's him down. And Mick has told him that.

Hopefully he is working on it and we see him shed the best ASAP. I'm going to watch the replay and see how he went.

Sammy Doc said in a post match interview on K-Rock that Graham has been the sub because his defensive work let's him down. And Mick has told him that.

Hopefully he is working on it and we see him shed the best ASAP. I'm going to watch the replay and see how he went.

I assumed this must be the case, looking at his stats in the VFL it was mind boggling that he wasn't getting a go.

Defensive acts are hard for the casual supporter to pick up

I think EE is really Collingwood Poster Timmy from Thomastown. No one else on the planet is as obsessed with Mick

Last edited:

I thought it was that he didn't run hard enough in offence?

Which is it?? :eek:

Nick Graham ready to grab his chance with Blues
"I know what I need to work on. I am pretty certain if I get that kind of stuff right there is a spot for me in the team. If I keep performing and doing my role, I think I can stay in there for the rest of the year.

"It's just team defence stuff. It's a step up from the VFL to the AFL. It's a pretty big one – the speed of the game. It's just getting that defensive stuff right that's the key for me. If I keep working hard on that, hopefully, I can stay in and keep playing games."

Graham has yet to sign a new contract but expects to remain at the club once its discussions with his manager Matt Bain, of Stride Sports Management, conclude.

"Fingers crossed I can get all of that ticked off soon and look forward to next year. I am not really sure where it's at but I am pretty confident that I will be at Carlton next year," the former Morrish medallist said.
Nick Graham ready to grab his chance with Blues

Nick Graham on TAC Cup Future Stars - Episode 11 (20/7/2014)

"Having been mentioned by his club president as a potential key contributor of the future, emerging Carlton speedster Nick Graham says he is keen to prove his worth, and hopes to secure a new contract with the club."

Speedster? Thanks for the laughs Pierik.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back