Will North Melbourne break the attendance record at Bellerive Oval in 2015?

Will North break the Bellerive attendance record in 2015?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of record breaking stadium attendences, Etihad's record comes as somewhat of a surprise.

• Largest attendance
    Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom - 2014 International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses
    19 October 2014
    70,059 people "Etihad Stadium Records".
I did the Melbourne Star last week, in the commentary they state that Etihad capacity is 74K.

Good use of this thread as a segue to your regular sook about Richmond not playing at Shell/Kardinia/Skilled/Simonds/Baytec Park.

I reckon if you tried hard enough mate you could reference this into a few other threads. Here's a few suggestions to get you on your way ...

In the 'Hawthorn three-peat?' thread, you could claim that if Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood had played in Geelong, Hawthorn wouldn't have won any of those flags.

In the 'Would an alcohol ban at the footy stop you from going?' thread you could suggest that an alcohol ban would encourage more Richmond supporters to make the trip down the highway to Geelong, without having to worry about a drink-driving conviction.

In the 'Wearing that Cosby sweater' thread you could suggest that the last time we saw fashions like that was when we also regularly saw the big Melbourne clubs playing in Geelong.

Strange thread by the way. Yes a new record is likely.

Childish post, much in the same way it is childish the AFL don't fixture Richmond and other big(ger) clubs to play at Shell/Kardinia/Skilled/Simonds/Baytec Park.

North vs Tigers should be a sell out, and with no reserved member seating (as in no shows) there is no reason it shouldn't beat any record and hit 20000.

Tasmania has so many tigers fans and would not be surprised if the crowd on the day is quite even!

I'm from Bendigo and im using this game as an excuse to get back down there and see some more of Tassie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Childish post, much in the same way it is childish the AFL don't fixture Richmond and other big(ger) clubs to play at Shell/Kardinia/Skilled/Simonds/Baytec Park.

Much as it's childish to keep whining about it?

My question for you is ... how is Richmond not playing Geelong in Geelong relevant to this thread, which asks whether people think North will break the Bellerive Oval attendance record in 2015?

If you want to keep whinging about Geelong's fixture, perhaps rehash the thread you started in August ... 'Cats push for big Victorian club at KP'.

Be careful of simplistic 'headlines'/'press releases' with financials. North hasn't released their financial report yet (god knows how/why they can't report on a Oct 31 close by now, but that's what they do).

In terms of being 'better' though.

Debt down ~$6.5M, profit up ~$700K

Do you think getting ~$3M/year from the AFL for the past 3 years that they didn't get in 2007 helped? (not to mention all the other money they got since then).

But no, according to Enigmal, it's all due to the people they have...:rolleyes:

They're in a better state on the surface, but it's more 'not dying, but stuck on life support'.

There are whole threads on the Bay and other places about how North are only viable due to AFL funding.

So why don't you go there instead of trolling this one; like you do for pretty much anything involving North?

Oh, and * you very much too.

There are whole threads on the Bay and other places about how North are only viable due to AFL funding.

So why don't you go there instead of trolling this one; like you do for pretty much anything involving North?

Oh, and **** you very much too.

The question was asked here. A North supporter answered with 'headline' answers, I added more detail. Where should I have responded to a post in this thread?

If you don't like the answers/conclusion, perhaps you should look at the clubs finances rather than shooting the messenger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whining about it in the same way Geelong should be whining about not having big clubs like Richmond play at Shell/Kardinia/Skilled/Simonds/Baytec Park?

Nah, they leave all their whining to you...

Your club wanted it...

Maybe so, alas they don't consult me on such things.

I personally see no reason whatsoever to play a side we'd probably get 35k to at Etihad in front of 20k in Hobart and then have to play Port in front of 20k at Etihad and make nothing from it, when we could have played them in Hobart in front of 18k+ and turned a profit at both games.

I've had this argument on the north board and some Tassie fans can get a bit uppity about lack of quality matches, Port finished 3rd, we finished 4th it'll be a quality match.

There is no legitimate reason the North vs Richmond game should be played in Hobart.

None.

Less people will see them get embarrassed this time. :D

AFL seems happy to serve these "big" games up to secondary markets, rather than to legitimate home grounds.

Guess it is to get new fans on board whilst alienating the rusted on supporter base.

Maybe so, alas they don't consult me on such things.

I personally see no reason whatsoever to play a side we'd probably get 35k to at Etihad in front of 20k in Hobart and then have to play Port in front of 20k at Etihad and make nothing from it, when we could have played them in Hobart in front of 18k+ and turned a profit at both games.

I've had this argument on the north board and some Tassie fans can get a bit uppity about lack of quality matches, Port finished 3rd, we finished 4th it'll be a quality match.

I think the issue is that you're only getting 10K down there, and a half full ground doesn't impress, so they wanted a bigger club to boost the attendance and show that it's a 'success'.

Personally, I think there should be an annual North Vs Hawthorn game down there (swap venues each year and have a return game in Melb) to work the Tasmanian north Vs south rivalry (although having North represent the south is kinda weird).

I think the issue is that you're only getting 10K down there, and a half full ground doesn't impress, so they wanted a bigger club to boost the attendance and show that it's a 'success'.

Personally, I think there should be an annual North Vs Hawthorn game down there (swap venues each year and have a return game in Melb) to work the Tasmanian north Vs south rivalry (although having North represent the south is kinda weird).

You're quite likely right, it probably is a perception thing.

For me our bottom line shows that it is a success.

You're quite likely right, it probably is a perception thing.

For me our bottom line shows that it is a success.

Honestly, I think that's the attitude that your club needs to address. If you want the Hobart market to come on board, you need to give them the idea that they're more than just a paycheck.

I know it seems like a tug of war between fighting against talk of relocation (partial or otherwise) and engaging the market, but by engaging, you get more $$$ and are thus in a better position to avoid that talk.

Back