Opinion Will Pies lose a lot of members in 2015? (Poll added)

Which turnstile are you passing through ...?

• 2014: ain't member, and won't be signing up for 2015 either

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • 2014: ain't member, but WILL be signing up for 2015

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 2014: am member, but I'm NOT renewing for 2015

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 2014: am member, and WILL remain a member in 2015

Votes: 60 70.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon: http://membership.essendonfc.com.au/packages/view/113
Ours: http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/123/International_Membership

Essendon's actually makes sense. Streaming and the record. What does ours have? 3 general admission passes to three games and priority access to finals tickets... :drunk:
Thanks for that mate!

We have the same package as Essendon's as well which is good.

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com...agpie_Insider_GLOBAL_includes_AFL_Global_Pass

Would never occur to me to not renew my membership. I support the club, through thick and thin. It's not blind uncritical support, but financial (and emotional) support. You don't just discard membership when the club is in trouble - if in fact we are in trouble. That is the time to stick with the club, and help maintain our membership, and financial, dominance.

Would never occur to me to not renew my membership. I support the club, through thick and thin. It's not blind uncritical support, but financial (and emotional) support. You don't just discard membership when the club is in trouble - if in fact we are in trouble. That is the time to stick with the club, and help maintain our membership, and financial, dominance.

Well where I sit for home games in the Great Southern Stand I have heard quite a few fans saying that they are not Re-Newing there Membership

Well where I sit for home games in the Great Southern Stand I have heard quite a few fans saying that they are not Re-Newing there Membership
Emotional knee jerk reactions. Some will not renew, however the majority will, plus there is always some new first time members. Still think we will be around 75,000-80,000.
I lived overseas during the 90's & continued to pay my full membership every year. Lucky to see one game a year.
To me, it's an emotional & financial connection to the club & I expect little in return.
The pleasure I get, is following this great club (up or down) & feeling as though I am part of it.

Every club has bandwagoners. Let's face it, it doesn't matter what the clubs do on match days, it doesn't matter if it's pouring rain and shining bright, it doesn't matter what happens at the selection table, it doesn't matter who the club signs or drafts in the off-season, the thing that gets those applications completed and paid for is on field performance. So yes, a drop from 80,000 would be no surprise at all.

Couple of early wins next year. Scharenberg and Freeman finally fit and firing. Darcy Moore looking the goods as well. I could see quite a few people suddenly jumping back on the bandwagon and getting behind the team.

Like everyone else I'm bitterly disappointed with the way this season is ending, but my confidence about the future hasn't been eroded even slightly. I'm looking forward to next year already.

We will get to 85,000
This.:thumbsu:

We will actually increase our membership numbers next season in comparison to this year, nothing is more certain.

But it will be sugar coated by a lot of 1-3 game memberships thrown in there, in fact I can see (and know a few of our fans like this) plenty that are going to draw back their membership from a full package (be it 11 or 18 games) to a 3 game membership next season, for a number of reasons.

I think our number of members will definitely increase next season, but our revenue from membership will probably drop.

It's probable, if we have a poor start to 2015. What is also likely is downgagueing of membership category. I would think there is potential for softness in membership revenue next season, but they would probably know that by now. I assume they are seeing early straws in the wind on this one. One likely reason for Ed's upcoming member heart to heart.

I'll be downgrading. Been a member since the 80s but haven't been able to get to many games in the past two years due to family commitments. The games I have been able to get to I've been stuck in the top of the 4th tier with 60,000 people in the stadium because I refuse to pay the club $190 and then have to buy reserved seats on top of that.

The gameday experience is also lacking. I've found I can only talk to the person next to me during the breaks with all the music and cr@p going on.

I'll still watch every game on tv and get to matches when I can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading on Footy Forums and hearing what people say at the Games.

I reckon there be tons of Fans are not going to Re-New there Memberships.

Reason I hear are:

- They hate the GameDay Expereince with stiff like Dance Troupe, Get Loud Crap and the Stupid Kiss Cams and Co

- People think the Under Buckley we will just keep going Backwards

- Think lot of our Players are Hacks and Stupid Players

I will still Re-New my Membership because I still back the team to turn it around and I just love going to the Footy.

I started going to Footy Regurley in 2005 when we where down the bottom and had Injuries bit like we had this year. We went from 2nd Last to 6th in Year.
What stupid reasons to not renew your membership. I go to the footy to watch my team play. I don't go to the footy to see the dance troop. In fact, even when I am there they are hardly sighted. Kiss cam/ dance cam all that sort of stuff works really well in the USA sports. Adds to the atmosphere. Perhaps because there are more breaks in U.S sports that it gets legs. Best is not so obvious cam. Camera pans on someone with a timer on the screen and sees how long it takes for the patron to realize he is on the big screen. Funny stuff when they are knuckle deep into their nose.

I'm not a member but I watch every game. My last attendance was v Western Bulldogs and it was laughably pitifully terrible. Sure we lost but it was close at the end and the atmosphere stunk! Like really painfully bad. I've seen more atmosphere at the local under 10's footy. Game is changing. AFL is all about the TV rights. The game is played for TV and it's easily the best place to watch it in my opinion. Finals with great atmosphere are better live but otherwise staying home and supporting is far better an experience.

Reading on Footy Forums and hearing what people say at the Games.

I reckon there be tons of Fans are not going to Re-New there Memberships.

Reason I hear are:

- They hate the GameDay Expereince with stiff like Dance Troupe, Get Loud Crap and the Stupid Kiss Cams and Co

- People think the Under Buckley we will just keep going Backwards

- Think lot of our Players are Hacks and Stupid Players

I will still Re-New my Membership because I still back the team to turn it around and I just love going to the Footy.

I started going to Footy Regurley in 2005 when we where down the bottom and had Injuries bit like we had this year. We went from 2nd Last to 6th in Year.
All teams have the game day s**t bar the kiss cam

I'm not a member but I watch every game. My last attendance was v Western Bulldogs and it was laughably pitifully terrible. Sure we lost but it was close at the end and the atmosphere stunk! Like really painfully bad. I've seen more atmosphere at the local under 10's footy. Game is changing. AFL is all about the TV rights. The game is played for TV and it's easily the best place to watch it in my opinion. Finals with great atmosphere are better live but otherwise staying home and supporting is far better an experience.

Thanks?

I think the majority of the 80000 supporters will renew, but there are a %, maybe as high as 10% that will renew if they think we will win or play exciting football. A couple more years like this one, and membership numbers will drop. I was planning to go to the Hawthorn game, but I am not brave enough to sit through it. I will always renew my membership, but my attendance at games has dropped this year I am not fair weather, I just hate losing, it's not fun, I get grumpy afterwards, and late Sunday games means I am still grumpy on Monday, and I have to put up,with all the collingwood jokes at work. When we win, or we are competitive it's fun going to the footy. losing sucks!

I genuinely think the club needs to take in to account of the members that drop of after a poor season and sign up when the team is going well. They have a database and as a marketing graduate I have studied the power of databases in an organization. These people that jump off during the tough times must be put behind other members when there is a ballot for GF tickets next time we make it.

Why should some fan who signs up during the good times be treated fairly to a fan who has deal with losses week in week out and watch games like the last one gone by.

I am a bit opposite to some fans in that I go to more games in seasons we are not so great than when we are great. I do get arrogant and would be like well we only have Melbourne or the Dogs and would stay home if I couldn't deal with making the trip to the G, but now are the exiting times when you see the youth coming through and you enjoy the wins much more during the regular season because they are hard to come by.

The feeling of watching and following players such as Broomhead, Kennedy, Grundy, Langdon and Frost develop from the start is the reward you get for watching the club during the rebuilding time. Premiership tilts don't happen over night, they happen with the development of these guys we have now.

Would be extremely disapointing to see a huge drop in memberships next year and I would question if we really do have the best fans in the comp. Sure Richmond fans go crazy but they have been crap for 30 years and still attracted large crowds. If we were that bad for that long would we have? I doubt it.

There is no way I'd want a crowd of 90,000 watching this side over the last 2 months. They simply don't deserve a big audience.
Hawks Pies will be 45,000 -50,000 our home game but mainly their fans will out number us and rub it in when we are walking out at 3 quarter time.

Back