Cancelled
Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Mar 17, 2005
Nakatomi Plaza
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aussie Ahmed
If they get infractions are players likely to sue Essendon for damages, such as lost earnings, as the club ran the injection program?
If so is this likely to bankrupt Essendon?

If they get infractions are players likely to sue Essendon for damages, such as lost earnings, as the club ran the injection program?
If so is this likely to bankrupt Essendon?

simple answer......yes.

driven by the player managers mainly - and theyll want football earnings, post career marketing earnings, pain & suffering, drug risks damages etc etc.

the administrators will be in charge before 2015.

harleys contract with swisse will look like a goldmine compared to jobe trying to get any post footy work.

simple answer......yes.

driven by the player managers mainly - and theyll want football earnings, post career marketing earnings, pain & suffering, drug risks damages etc etc.

the administrators will be in charge before 2015.

harleys contract with swisse will look like a goldmine compared to jobe trying to get any post footy work.

I hate Essendon but if this happens Essendon will need to close their doors and I do not want to miss out on Carlton v Essendon games on MCG in front of 80-90k. Biggest winner here is going to be Melbourne Victory.

I hate Essendon but if this happens Essendon will need to close their doors and I do not want to miss out on Carlton v Essendon games on MCG in front of 80-90k. Biggest winner here is going to be Melbourne Victory.

no one does but its been a reality since they showed their hand and reappointed hird last year.

no one does but its been a reality since they showed their hand and reappointed hird last year.
AFL will not renew their license and likely relocate them to Canberra/NT/ WA/NZ under new ownership/new club logo etc with small sign of EFC on the back of guernsey. Essendon will exist in that scenario but unlikely it will be in Melbourne. There are idiots and then there is Sir James Hird.

AFL will not renew their license and likely relocate them to Canberra/NT/ WA/NZ under new ownership/new club logo etc with small sign of EFC on the back of guernsey. Essendon will exist in that scenario but unlikely it will be in Melbourne. There are idiots and then there is Sir James Hird.

no - the idiots are the supporters for giving the club reps the ok to pursue this selfish fight.
this is essendon supporters fault. not hirds, not littles. the supporters had their chance to rescue their club but chose to listen to hird & little and believed their selfish words.

theyre about to pay for that error. lost club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By their actions, have the players contributed to their predicament, if they get lengthy bans? ASADA did make an offer which they turned down.
I have always stated that the players could not be seen to have adequately mitigated against the risk of suspension given that there is clearly a legislative scheme, backed up by AFL contracts, which places individual responsibility on the players - so no - or at least not that much.

Last edited:

With new club's B&F the 'Hird Medal', named after the guy who did the most to help the new club form.

no - the idiots are the supporters for giving the club reps the ok to pursue this selfish fight.
this is essendon supporters fault. not hirds, not littles. the supporters had their chance to rescue their club but chose to listen to hird & little and believed their selfish words.

theyre about to pay for that error. lost club.

you're right - if this happened at Carlton there would have been chaos first day news came out.. board spills, revolts, basically Carlton would have burnt to the ground. Essendon supporters are weird...very strange at the football too...most aggressive and pin headed of all supporters.

Lets not get too hysterical. Essendon wont be closing their doors, no matter how bad the sanctions are. They might suffer a decade in the cellar, the AFL will ensure they have a full list, no matter how poor that list is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back