Preview 2014 Carji Greeves Medallist - Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

ummm no he won't. He's lost a step as all players 33 do (except if your an Ablett), and he's still being asked to play on the oppositions best mid-sized forwards each and every week.
It is Joel Selwood we are talking about

oh right, looks nothing like him but I reckon the Tomahawk will take home his 2nd Carji for mind :thumbsu:

Maybe someone needs to photoshop a bandage onto that kid's head. Might look more familiar then. ;)

Is it just me, or does that photo of a young Selwood remind you of this kid?

oCTgA.jpg

Well I've seen some absolutely staggering results in club b&fs over the years, from local to AFL, but I think it would be a travesty if Selwood didn't win ours this year.
ablett for me. showed alot of class and poise in our semi defeat, probably saw him on the screen more than any other player so he must have gotten alot of the pill that night, and he gets talked about at length during every cats game so again, must see alot of the ball.

edit: the other one that comes to mind is chapman. the amount of times i hear 'if we had chapman we would have won' so i guess he is out injured a bit, but he must be a major contributor when we win almost every other week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consistency counts too in these awards, and Stokes was easily our most consistently good player over the whole season.
But if Selwood doesn't win it, there's something wrong with the system, I think.

I agree with your assessment of Stokes but only for the first half of the season until he hurt his foot. Had a few games when he came back with the 25+ possessions good games but not as good as his first half of the season for me. In terms of consistency throughout entire season for me would be Hawkins & maybe Duncan but of course Selwood's start & finish should see him come out B&F again.

Well I've seen some absolutely staggering results in club b&fs over the years, from local to AFL, but I think it would be a travesty if Selwood didn't win ours this year.

I don't to be honest Fred. Was awesome early, and some great games towards the end, but did have a block of quiet games. Hawkins was pretty damn good all season long. Very few poor games. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he won it again.

Top 4 to be made up of:
Hawkins
Selwood
Rivers
Duncan

Hawkins probably the most consistent across the whole season, but wouldn't be surprised to see Rivers as I can't really recall any poor games from him, just depends if he did enough to poll high enough though.

I don't to be honest Fred. Was awesome early, and some great games towards the end, but did have a block of quiet games. Hawkins was pretty damn good all season long. Very few poor games. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he won it again.

He only had a total of 5 "quiet" games for the season, and they were scattered.
What may go against him is the fact that in several games he did better in the 1st half than in the 2nd, and this can sometimes unduly colour perceptions of his overall performance for the game.

oh right, looks nothing like him but I reckon the Tomahawk will take home his 2nd Carji for mind :thumbsu:
Don't discount Mitch Duncan either.

I think Hawkins will win it- much more consistent than Selwood, who had some awesome games but a pretty flat patch in the middle of the year. It will depend on whether he gets more votes in those games than I'm expecting him to. (He seems to have people giving him a vote for playing one excellent to very good quarter but going missing for half a game).
Sone of the boys in the backline should poll pretty well- maybe not so much Harry, but Lonners and Rivers were good all season, also Kelly. And Varcoe might have had his best season for a few years.

Meh... but what would I know? I'm just guessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back