Will we fall for Groundhog Day again in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitzroy has still won more finals than us since 1982.
We are still not there yet in finals since
This is fact
And you are horribly ******* wrong....

Since 1982 (not including 82), Richmond has won twice as many finals as Fitzroy.
Oh.... and almost played in twice as many finals as Fitzroy too.

Now This is Fact!

And you are horribly ******* wrong....

Since 1982 (not including 82), Richmond has won twice as many finals as Fitzroy.
Oh.... and almost played in twice as many finals as Fitzroy too.

Now This is Fact!
quote was on sen radio
so unless you have the stats i'm not sure
EDIT YEP you're right .I should have been smarter than that ,fancy believing some bloody Hawks supporter
since 1983 inc.
Fitzroy played in 6 finals and won only 2

RFC Played in 9 Finals and only won 2 with almost two decades of extra seasons

Still pretty damning

Last edited:

Yarran played as a small fwd at Coburg this year. He was a lazy little squirrel
Coburg put their second best mid in Vendetti on him and realised he wasn't needed in him after ht as it was a waste of a mid
So they put the old campaigner in tubby Ben Clifton on him. Yarran got a joe the goose in the third and really apart from that I forgot he was playing.

His recent form is not unlike Brian Lakes last year at Footscray.
I get your point but I reckon over his career there is plenty of evidence to suggest he is very high quality.

Completely different types of players with different issues

I said nothing about "type" or "issues".
Just comparing their respective playing form in their final year.
Which to spell it out for you means that the form in such a year has little prospective value when assessing the merits of the player. Neither were interested in playing footy for their club at the time.

Which to spell it out for you means that the form in such a year has little prospective value when assessing the merits of the player. Neither were interested in playing footy for their club at the time.
issues affect form and some can be long term

That just don't matter none. :p

quote was on sen radio
EDIT YEP you're right .I should have been smarter than that ,fancy believing some bloody Hawks supporter
since 1983 inc.

Still pretty damning
I had Fitzroy winning only 1, but it was a quick scan on my part.

I just got sick and tired of everyone, including our own supporters dragging out the old Fitzroy card... It has now been rendered null and void and has no place to breathe here anymore.

quote was on sen radio
since 1983 inc.

Still pretty damning
It certainly is. It isn't something we should be defending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q.E.D
Cyril Rioli.
So a small fast forward rat is the major reason a team kicks starts its last two Finals games and wins a Premiership. :rolleyes:

We are farked without the introduction of least two ready to go fast forward rats over this drafting period. Be warned. We won't progress and we'll have a worse year than this year because all other teams won't stand still and this is our greatest area we need to in improve in. We don't create enough chaos when the ball comes in and we are too slow to keep it in there once we've got it.

Watching you Hardwick......

Q.E.D
Cyril Rioli.
So a small fast forward rat is the major reason a team kicks starts its last two Finals games and wins a Premiership. :rolleyes:

We are farked without the introduction of least two ready to go fast forward rats over this drafting period. Be warned. We won't progress and we'll have a worse year than this year because all other teams won't stand still and this is our greatest area we need to in improve in. We don't create enough chaos when the ball comes in and we are too slow to keep it in there once we've got it.

Watching you Hardwick......
Agreed with most of this, but Hardwick isn't in charge of recruitment.

yes it is tough ... both us and poor Hawthorn are going through this again this year ><

on the upside we get to play 22 games next year where we can just enjoy the experience week by week and hope that we do earn the opportunity to perhaps do it again ... or perhaps finally break out of ground hogs day ...

Agreed with most of this, but Hardwick isn't in charge of recruitment.
Hardwick needs to be in charge of recruitment, and Hardwick WOULD tell the Recruitment Department what he needs, otherwise he's lost control of his team. Do you think a Coach just coaches anybody given to him? That's the biggest myth going around by supporters. Of course, the coach puts in his player Shopping List. Players he thinks he can coach, players he can mould, players that will work to his game plan, players that will work to his team ethos, players that will hopefully win him a flag. If Hardwick doesn't have ready-to-play fast goalkicking forwards on his Shopping List, we're toast.

Hardwick needs to be in charge of recruitment, and Hardwick WOULD tell the Recruitment Department what he needs, otherwise he's lost control of his team. Do you think a Coach just coaches anybody given to him? That's the biggest myth going around by supporters. Of course, the coach puts in his player Shopping List. Players he thinks he can coach, players he can mould, players that will work to his game plan, players that will work to his team ethos, players that will hopefully win him a flag. If Hardwick doesn't have ready-to-play fast goalkicking forwards on his Shopping List, we're toast.
Don't worry the nutters think Yarran will do it

No the recruiters need to be in charge of recruiting. Of course Hardwick will say we need a small fwd go and target a few, we can then dodue diligence on them. It is not individuals that determines who is recruited but a collective which would include the coach.
In the last 10 years we would have targeted close to 20 players who fit the sml fwd criteria. Our trouble is the most we have been prepared to outlay on this type is pick 51 in the nd on a junior. It is an epic fail of the RECRUITING DEPT and lousy list management. When are they going to sit up and say hey!! lets stop stuffing around with very late nd and rookie picks and actually invest in getting a quality sml/med fwd or two EITHER BY TRADE OR WITH A DECENT ND PICK.

Well, well, well. My prayers have finally been answered. I still believe we didn't need a slew of Mids or Backmen drafted. We have them. That was not our scoring weakness.

To all the Midfield and Backline Soothsayers and Fan Boys here who thought and still think Richmond needed that type of player to improve in Season 2016, YOU WERE WRONG, ARE WRONG and now Richmond has finally come to that conclusion as well.

With the introduction of Rioli, Markov and Yarran dropping back into the Forward 50 we now have the Forward Rats we needed to instantly improve the team and score unpredictable goals.

To the morons who slammed me, you have no freaking idea about football.
Don't now say you always knew we needed small fast forwards if you've never said it in the past. We can't hear your brain thinking. (or clunking) :p

Now, finally, we have many small, fast forward rat options to support Jack, be at Jack's feet, scare defenders with their pace, and to keep the ball locked into the Forward 50 until we score, because the ball was run out too easily this year, as was witnessed time and time again. (And you don't need years of footballing development to be a Forward Rat in the AFL....you don't carry a massive load, you're the icing on the cake, you blow in and out of games, but in 5 minutes, you can turn a game...that is all that is required...that's their job) We can now cope with the 'Chaos' (unpredictable) ball that hits the Forward Line as well, which in the past, was too fast for Jack or Ty to handle, mop up or retain.

We now can kick a score through various avenues and techniques instead of the predictable 'bombed up' ball to Jack or Ty :rolleyes: in the Forward 50, and therefore, we're now a better team. It will not be Ground Hog Day in Season 2016.

Thank You to the Richmond Football Club for drafting the obvious.

Apologies accepted below from the morons posting in this thread earlier slamming me without thinking or understanding football.

Cheers to Season 2016. :thumbsu:

Have a great Xmas.

oXTxYzP.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back