Will we make top 4?

Will we make top 4 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it just me, or are the teams above us looking just slightly scratchy and beatable?

Freo is, I think so anyway.
I am pretty confident about our chances in Tassie next weekend.

May 29, 2010
The Tree Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SF 49ers, Arsenal
The only concern I have had is whether the team is physically and mentally up for another major campaign. Some of the signs during the course of the year have had me a bit worried but I think that the same can be said for Freo and Sydney who have also been up there in the past few years and have contested the past 3 grand finals against us. WCE look the obvious smoky this year and one can never underestimate a team with firepower and they do have quite a bit of that which puts them ahead of Freo and probably Sydney in my mind. I rate Richmond and Collingwood and they could cause a few headaches although I'm note sure if they have the team balance and maturity/experience to go all the way. The second half of the season and the finals are shaping as the most interesting in a few years.

Bikefreak

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State, B.H.H. Perth Wildcats
Scary block of matches. On the big stage the big boys come to play. We are the only team that in past history has taken on adversity head on. No cry babies at hawthorn.

The reality is we have not beaten any contender this year. We have also lost to mediocre teams, apart from Sydney. Port a huge failure this season so far.

Lose tonight and it is over.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Not yet.

Relax man.

Enjoy the ride.

Wait until the fat lady sings.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Will be quite annoying if Freo suddenly turn up again next week after going missing in the past month and a bit.
Story of our season, every team plays it's one good game for the year against us and then go to sleep.

TyHawk

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2013
Jupiter
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City
We can't afford another loss for another 6 weeks at least let alone next week. That's what you get for been scratchy early season so we must take the 'catch up' challenges head on.

Bikefreak

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State, B.H.H. Perth Wildcats
Its pretty much a level playing field once the finals start.
As everyone has been saying.....it is very close comp this year.
Turn up well prepared, focused and comitted to paying the price....and we should be hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hopefully Adelaide can get up against West Coast next week. Helps us out immensely but I think it would also mean a lot for the Crows to feel like they honoured Walsh by getting a win like that. Just an extra reason to cheer them on.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Hopefully Adelaide can get up against West Coast next week. Helps us out immensely but I think it would also mean a lot for the Crows to feel like they honoured Walsh by getting a win like that. Just an extra reason to cheer them on.

Im just more focused on ourselves atm, If we start playing the footy we are capable of the results of other games won't matter to much. As for the honouring Walsh thing though that would be fantastic.

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Story of our season, every team plays it's one good game for the year against us and then go to sleep.
Yes Hirdy tried to pep his kids up for us and then gets destroyed by the Saints. the following Agree is a common theme this year.

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn

If West Coast don't let Adelaide win in honour of Walshy I will be disgusted.

Im just more focused on ourselves atm, If we start playing the footy we are capable of the results of other games won't matter to much. As for the honouring Walsh thing though that would be fantastic.
On one hand this is true. We have a full control over obtaining second place currently with a game against West Coast to come. However on the other hand they have a far softer draw and have proven very capable of belting weak sides meaning they'll be a good chance of maintaining their strong percentage. Them having a loss simply makes our job a little easier. We still need to win our games though.

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arizona DiamondBacks
I still think we could finish top we play Sydney and west coast in the next month which will bring us up on the same points as them while Fremantle still play west coast and Richmond side in Melbourne playing well and west coast play Sydney at home and Sydney play collingwood at home . And west coast play collingwood in Melbourne. Next week

Last edited:
I still think we could finish top we play Sydney and west coast in the next month which will bring us up on the same points as them while Fremantle still play west coast and Richmond side in Melbourne playing well and west coast play Sydney at home and Sydney play collingwood at home . And west coast play collingwood in Melbourne. Next week

Assuming that all goes our way

One really good win. Was it an anomaly, or are we starting to taper up nicely?

We'll find out this week I suppose...
Don't underestimate the win against collingwood. Roughead's cancer scare and the club's handling of it. It would surely have taken something out of the boys. Collingwood also came to play and were pretty confident about winning

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well we have butchered the 1st 2 months of the season and find ourselves in the 8 on percentage and 2 games off the top 4... Under this finals system since 2000 it shows you must make top 4 to win the flag, we probably need to win 11 of our last 14 so we will we do it ?

4-4 with our list made me feel sick

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
After 14 games / After the home and away season / finishing position...

2011 10-4 (129.5%) (4/17) / 18-4 (144.1%) (3/17) / Preliminary Finalist
2012 10-4 (152.6%) (5/18) / 17-5 (154.6%) (1st) / Runner Up
2013 12-2 (141.0%) (1/18) / 19-3 (135.7%) (1st) / Flag
2014 11-3 (147.9%) (1/18) / 17-5 (140.8%) (2nd) / Flag
2015 10-4 (153.8%) (4/18) / TBC / TBC

Our record from 10-4 is a PF and a GF loss. Our record in 2015 is almost identical to 2012 (a GF we really should have won)

After 14 games / After the home and away season / finishing position...

2011 10-4 (129.5%) (4/17) / 18-4 (144.1%) (3/17) / Preliminary Finalist
2012 10-4 (152.6%) (5/18) / 17-5 (154.6%) (1st) / Runner Up
2013 12-2 (141.0%) (1/18) / 19-3 (135.7%) (1st) / Flag
2014 11-3 (147.9%) (1/18) / 17-5 (140.8%) (2nd) / Flag
2015 10-4 (153.8%) (4/18) / TBC / TBC

Our record from 10-4 is a PF and a GF loss. Our record in 2015 is almost identical to 2012 (a GF we really should have won)
If we win this week then we will have drawn level with our games won from 2014 at the same point - but with a better percentage.

Back