Will Woosha coach at AFL senior coach level again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Came out on channel 7 tonight and stated that he doesn't want the Carlton job /end thread
I wouldn't count him out completely.

I assume that he is not keen to look like a vulture on the back of the Malthouse sacking.
And even though Mick and Woosh have had their moments I think there is a fair bit of respect still there.

Woosh isn't a fool and can see there is nothing to gain by taking over the team mid season and on the back of their worst start in their history.

Come seasons end it might be a different story.

I don't think even worsfolds most ardent supporters would claim he was a tactical genius but he was quite good at managing the people around him. It's why I think he'd be good in a mentoring role but I don't think he has the tools required to succeed as a head coach anymore
Agreed, I could see him taking on a role similar to that which Bomber Thompson took on initially with Essendon, but as you say tactically he was never really there.

I wouldn't count him out completely.

I assume that he is not keen to look like a vulture on the back of the Malthouse sacking.
And even though Mick and Woosh have had their moments I think there is a fair bit of respect still there.

Woosh isn't a fool and can see there is nothing to gain by taking over the team mid season and on the back of their worst start in their history.

Come seasons end it might be a different story.
Wonder if he'd try and entice someone like Selwood (on a massively huge contract) to join him there.

Wonder if he'd try and entice someone like Selwood (on a massively huge contract) to join him there.

dont priddis and woosh have a massive relationship

imagine the compo from the afl

look at those ******* coaches votes and the brownlow etc afl

quick delete the priddis thread

absolute champ - ill have pick one and two cheers

dont priddis and woosh have a massive relationship

imagine the compo from the afl

look at those ******* coaches votes and the brownlow etc afl

quick delete the priddis thread

absolute champ - ill have pick one and two cheers
I'll be honest, if that happened I would proudly proclaim Priddis as my favourite player.

if fivey doesnt delete that fn priddis thread quickly enough we will tar and feather him and ride him out of town on a rail (wtfever that means - someone google that s**t )
Something like this except he'd be naked and then slathered in hot tar and feathers. Now I don't know about you but the thought of seeing fivey like that doesn't really appeal.

Was he ever, or did he just have good people (like Walsh) around him?
I was talking with someone the other day about how both us and Port dropped away a bit when Walsh left but he isn't doing that great at the Crows so far. May be a case that he is good tactically but needs someone like Woosh to communicate it to the players. Woosha was always a good motivator and think he could do ok with the right sidekicks.

Something like this except he'd be naked and then slathered in hot tar and feathers. Now I don't know about you but the thought of seeing fivey like that doesn't really appeal.

yeah well - not super keen on the naked bit either - but if he doesnt stick up for our beloved matt there will be trouble

I was talking with someone the other day about how both us and Port dropped away a bit when Walsh left but he isn't doing that great at the Crows so far. May be a case that he is good tactically but needs someone like Woosh to communicate it to the players. Woosha was always a good motivator and think he could do ok with the right sidekicks.
Dunno, Crows have only won one less game than us and their injury list is pretty long. Probably doesn't help that it sounds like Dangerfield and Sloane might both leave. He was reluctant to take the job though wasn't he, something about preferring to stay in the background?

Ooooh! Woosh takes over Carltank, trades pick #1 for Priddis! Everyone happy!

Realistically, don't think Carltank have the horses to make it a plum job. The next few years are hard yards, Bluey McKenna may be the better option.

Ooooh! Woosh takes over Carltank, trades pick #1 for Priddis! Everyone happy!

Realistically, don't think Carltank have the horses to make it a plum job. The next few years are hard yards, Bluey McKenna may be the better option.
Woosh take over as coach.

Entices Sumich and Mckenna as assistants and retains Wiley and Laidley (already there).

Interesting flavor to all that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard rumours last year woosh to Richmond after their pathetic start . Then they won 10 in a row , made finals (lol) and saved dimma's job .
Wonder if Richmond will sack dimma if he doesn't do anything of note with Richmond this year .
Much better fit for woosha .
The cattle are already their he just needs to harden them up

Gov was still a rookie and struggling with the Afl work load back then .
The only area Woosha struggled with was the midfield due to not being able to find a few A grade midfielders in a period of compromised drafts .

Had the opportunity to upgrade him in 2013 and play him. Missed the opportunity because he's too conservative.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Had the opportunity to upgrade him in 2013 and play him. Missed the opportunity because he's too conservative.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Who's place would he have taken back then WCE still had Glass.
eMac ,Brown and Schofield down back .Up fwd was Kennedy ,Darling ,Cox,Nicnat and Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back