Wimbledon 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Kyrgios beats Richard Gasquet 10-8 in the 5th set. Came back from 2 sets down.

Survived 9 match points, including one game at 0-40.

3-6 6-7 6-4 7-5 10-8.

Nick Kyrgios beats Richard Gasquet 10-8 in the 5th set. Came back from 2 sets down.

Survived 9 match points, including one game at 0-40.

3-6 6-7 6-4 7-5 10-8.
Gasquet held match points every service game of Nicks' after he had served to get to 5-4. Kyrgios won the last 10 points of the match.

definitely a gun for the future, has that fight you need to be a champion, should beat vesely in the next round too.

I saw Kyrgios 0-40 game and then fell asleep and missed him winning.

Federer looked good again from the 4 or 5 games I saw - but so did Nadal the previous night.

Have to wait to next year to see both the Special K's take on Wimbledon. Thanasi Kokkinakis is back in Adelaide finishing off year 12 - a promise he made to his parents. he is also nursing an injury. I know he is a Port boy and has spent a bit of time with Burgo but if he has half a brain he will be consulting Burgo over the next few months to help him get over his injury and prepare for 2015.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...954014225?nk=edf04f057b24f6c102b07c78f8b82d4c

I saw Kyrgios 0-40 game and then fell asleep and missed him winning.

Imposter! RussellEbertHandball does not sleep, RussellEbertHandball simply powers down for a few clock cycles.

Have to wait to next year to see both the Special K's take on Wimbledon. Thanasi Kokkinakis is back in Adelaide finishing off year 12 - a promise he made to his parents. he is also nursing an injury. I know he is a Port boy and has spent a bit of time with Burgo but if he has half a brain he will be consulting Burgo over the next few months to help him get over his injury and prepare for 2015.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...954014225?nk=edf04f057b24f6c102b07c78f8b82d4c

Wondered where the other Special K was this year.

Ch7 are promoting their Wimbledon coverage with footage of Kyrgois and playing Wild Thing blaring away.

Reckon it suits his style of play. But when I watch him I cant help but think he is a western Sydney Leb boy who brings his posse to watch his matches.

Wild Thing is so 1989

MV5BMTcyMDE5NzIxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDUwNzE0MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Tsonga just drilled a spectator with the ball (accidentally).

Nick Kyrgios dispatches 68th-ranked Czech Jiri Vesely 3-6 6-3 7-5 6-2 in a rain-interrupted third-round match and sets up a round of 16 match with Rafael Nadal.

Tennis balls could explode!

Kyrgios takes opening set 7-5 in the tiebreaker with his 13th ace. He served 5 aces in his first two service games and I reckon 4 of his 6 service games were either to love or 15.

He had 3 break points on 3 separate Nadal service games. The first one he went down the line missed by a cm or two as Nadal was stranded.

has had two challenges. the first was at 40 all on Nadal's 5th service game and mised by 2mm qnd then on Nadal's 3rd service game and it was out by 1mm. He was a bit pised off and next point he got a slow kicking serve and smashed the s**t out of it and Nadal didnt get close to it.

Next game on Kyrgios service he was down 15-30 and then pulls out 3 big serves to win the game to win game but Nadal challenges ace serve and its out by a mm. Struggles a bit to hold but does and its 3 all

Nadal wins 2nd ser 7-5.Kyrgios waz 0-30 down for the first time on his serve after a couple of errors. He saved 2 set points but couldnt save a third.

Nadal slowed things down but got 87% of his his first serves in that second set. Can the kid keep up the intensity with Rafa?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyrigos wins 4th set 6-3 and won last game serving out to love. Started game with an and finished game with an ace. Got 92% of first serves in during last set.

Like watching Ollie Wines dominate his older opponents. No nerves No fear Nick.

He played a shot 0-40 down in the 3rd set on Nadal's -outrages between the legs for a winner. It should make the news. Nadal was pissed of and served an ace next to finish the game.

Amazing win Nick Kyrgios. His mum was on Sunrise, so proud and happy but barely awake. What a fantastic story. After some of the headlines Australian tennis has drawn over the past few years it's great to see a likeable athletic kid doing the sport a great service.

Now we just need Kokkinakis to finish his studies and fire up! :D

Kyrgios vs Nadal

37 aces to 11
70 winners to 44
31 errors to 18
83% first serve winners to 77%
4 double faults to 3

Maria Sharapova joined other top 5 seeds Serena Williams, Agnieszka Radwanska and Li Na on the sidelines, beaten by German Angelique Kerber 7-6 4-6 6-4.

Sharapova hit 53 winners to 27 but conceded 43 errors to 11.

Kyrigos wins 4th set 6-3 and won last game serving out to love. Started game with an and finished game with an ace. Got 92% of first serves in during last set.

Like watching Ollie Wines dominate his older opponents. No nerves No fear Nick.

He played a shot 0-40 down in the 3rd set on Nadal's -outrages between the legs for a winner. It should make the news. Nadal was pissed of and served an ace next to finish the game.

I was listening to TalkSport (UK based 24 hour sports radio station) this morning and they were going through "tomorrow's papers". Their exasperation was evident (paraphrasing here): "no ashes, knocked out of World Cup, but you still can't keep Aussie triumphs off the back page".

Between that and the US' efforts against Belgium had them bemoaning the fact that England can't seem to produce these kids with such astonishing confidence about why they can win. I don't really subscribe to any mythical Australian or US force - the kid just seems a huge talent, works hard and doesn't give in (he's been 2 sets down earlier in the tournament).

By the way, how is it that I am homesick for England? For 4 years I lived not more than 6 or 700 metres from the Centre Court at Wimbledon so watching it seems a bit unreal at the moment. I used to run past it a few times a week. It's an incredible place that seems dormant for 50 weeks a year, followed by 2 weeks of mania. If you're a tennis fan, try to get there at least once in your life.

For anyone who lives in Alberton that thump they just heard was my jaw hitting the ground. I wasn't watching the tennis last night as I didn't think Nick had a prayer. OK, it was a great win against Gasquet but he was two sets down and 9 match points in the 5th set. One of the greatest escapes ever but surely Nadal would not allow the same to happen. Well, no because Nadal was never allowed to get to that position of strength.

I'm sure there'll be a replay but it won't be anywhere near as exciting as watching it live, I'll just have to keep my eye on this guy for the rest of Wimbledon.

Kyrgios has now beaten Stephane Robert(unseeded) in 4, Richard Gasquet(13) in 5 and Rafael Nadal(1) in 4. His next task is another seed, Milos Raonic(8). Raonic has only lost one set so far, in his 4th round win against the 10th seeded player. His previous 2 matches were against unseeded players.

What a wonderful story. After Aussie tennis fans have endured the stupid antics of Bernard Tomic in recent years, it's fantastic to see a likeable lad with untapped talent burst onto the scene like this. John McEnroe even suggested this morning that the young fella may even go all the way, which is a massive endorsement of what he's done at this tournament. But Raonic apparently smashed him at the French Open last month, so it should be a helluva contest tonight.

First player in 22 years that a player ranked lower than 100 has beaten the world number 1 at a grand slam.

There is a tough of Becker the way he belts the ball.I think if he makes the semis he will be the first teenager since Becker.

First player in 22 years that a player ranked lower than 100 has beaten the world number 1 at a grand slam.

There is a tough of Becker the way he belts the ball.I think if he makes the semis he will be the first teenager since Becker.
Federer or Wawrinka await him in the semi final if he wins tonight. Tough ask either way, but wow - if he can beat Nadal, anything is possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back