Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumbles

Senior List
Jun 18, 2008
in the great outdoors..
AFL Club
Geelong
Looks like the Demons may have the services of young forward Dylan Parish this weekend for the big clash with Stawell...
Not confirmed yet but don't be surprised if he runs out with the Demons rather than the North Ballarat Rebels...
Will be a handy in for the Dees, has kicked plenty this year and been a reliable target alongside Johns, Carr etc..

Rabbito

Team Captain
Jul 9, 2006
Tim-Buc-2
Hi all,

Just chasing some info,

Aaron Barnett, who he go? coaching? is he leaving the district?

Cheers.

Might have the bull by the horns! Maybe the wrong bloke!

Have you's got a Clint Bratram running around down there? He might be how I'm on about.
I had Aaron moving to Mildura, soory bout that!
Would have put the wind up the club he plays 4!
Anyway any info on a Clint Bratram? I thinkin' thats his name.
Thanks.

Purrfect Pussies

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah, Clint Burdett your talking about. Just moved up there for work. Ripper player, super quick rover type, old man played for Bombers.
Played Wimmera League for Horsham Saints for a few years more than holding his own againist league best on ballers, then went back to his home club Hoptoun in the Mallee league coaching. Has coached Pimpinio in Horsham District League for the last few years. Never missed a game through injury, worth every cent. Has a family tie with Imps up there i think.

Purrfect Pussies

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Saints by 46 points v Eagles. Draw at halftime, Saints kicked away with breeze in 3rd quarter for comfortable win.
Stawell v Saints @ Murtoa next Saturday. Tuckey in doubt.

Saints by 46 points v Eagles. Draw at halftime, Saints kicked away with breeze in 3rd quarter for comfortable win.
Stawell v Saints @ Murtoa next Saturday. Tuckey in doubt.
Warrack lost run and momentum when lincoln peters was sent off reported for striking in the 3rd and thats when saints kicked away with the wind

Heard an old name from the past by the name of peter plugger homden is he still in the stawell area?
Heard he was involved with stawell swifts is this true?
Apparently in his day he was a state country rep in softball<could really throw the ball down.....
I dnt think he would go near swifts with two sons playing at the warriors (one in the 2's and one in the 1's)

Sep 1, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
On Saturday I witnessed the Wimmera Football League and the umpires lose a considerable amount of credibility.
Football fans descended on Coghlan Park anticipating an enthralling battle between Horsham and Stawell, two evenly matched teams.
These teams had during the year dominated the competition and with one win apiece were all expecting an exciting match even under the atrocious weather conditions that prevailed during the match.
How disappointed we were when as the game unfolded we realised that the umpires had already determined who the winner was to be - even before the players ran onto the ground.
This is my only explanation to explain the quality of umpiring and the decisions that they made during this match.
Five Horsham goals as a result of free kicks and dubious 50 metre penalties is too much for any team to overcome.
Horsham is a fantastic football side with pace, skill and courage all over the field and to beat them is a monumental task - five premierships in a row is testament to this. However no team is entitled to be given such an advantage and all we ask is that whoever plays Horsham in the Grand Final be given a fair and equal opportunity of winning.
It appears that the appointment of neutral umpires from another league is the only way of ensuring that umpiring bias can be overcome.
The Wimmera League Commission would have been disappointed with the standard of umpiring and I know they would love to introduce neutral umpires but l am not confident that they have the balls to stand up and make it happen.
Assuming Wimmera association umpires will be used for the remaining finals I implore those in power to weed out the bad eggs and reward those that are honest and give their best. Bad umpiring is acceptable - biased umpiring is not acceptable to anyone. The credibility of the Umpiring association and the Wimmera League is at stake - all teams deserve equal opportunity of winning - all teams should win on their own merit.:(

Grimmett

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2005
Home
Very well thanks. Enjoy it very much.

Not many posts as Head Office actually requests that we refrain from posting on public forums. Still check in to see who's bullshitting who however!

Get a kick yourself this year? Body holding up?

Purrfect Pussies

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
On Saturday I witnessed the Wimmera Football League and the umpires lose a considerable amount of credibility.
Football fans descended on Coghlan Park anticipating an enthralling battle between Horsham and Stawell, two evenly matched teams.
These teams had during the year dominated the competition and with one win apiece were all expecting an exciting match even under the atrocious weather conditions that prevailed during the match.
How disappointed we were when as the game unfolded we realised that the umpires had already determined who the winner was to be - even before the players ran onto the ground.
This is my only explanation to explain the quality of umpiring and the decisions that they made during this match.
Five Horsham goals as a result of free kicks and dubious 50 metre penalties is too much for any team to overcome.
Horsham is a fantastic football side with pace, skill and courage all over the field and to beat them is a monumental task - five premierships in a row is testament to this. However no team is entitled to be given such an advantage and all we ask is that whoever plays Horsham in the Grand Final be given a fair and equal opportunity of winning.
It appears that the appointment of neutral umpires from another league is the only way of ensuring that umpiring bias can be overcome.
The Wimmera League Commission would have been disappointed with the standard of umpiring and I know they would love to introduce neutral umpires but l am not confident that they have the balls to stand up and make it happen.
Assuming Wimmera association umpires will be used for the remaining finals I implore those in power to weed out the bad eggs and reward those that are honest and give their best. Bad umpiring is acceptable - biased umpiring is not acceptable to anyone. The credibility of the Umpiring association and the Wimmera League is at stake - all teams deserve equal opportunity of winning - all teams should win on their own merit.:(

Well said Wazza. l don't think the poor umpiring in the finals has been confined to the Horsham games. It will interesting to see the appointments for this weeks Preliminary Final, Horsham Saints v Stawell. Could the umpires please take note that we supporters go not go the footy to watch them perform their theatrics, just two footy sides having a red hot crack at breaking the Demons Wimmera League dominance.

BETON5

All Australian
Dec 19, 2006
Demonland
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm
Great to see the standard of the umpiring being scrutinised again and again in the wimmera,its a bloody joke.
Im sure the umpires have 2 premireship cups horsham won in the past 5 years have there names on the cup.I just hope the Wimmera wake up in time b4 the GF and allocate nuetral umps for the big day or it will be ground hog day again.Horsham will just beat stawell with the help of some local umpires(mates).

Goong

Draftee
Sep 1, 2008
The Black Stump
AFL Club
Geelong
Karl Lohde played unreal footy all year will win be a truck load

Yet his side won just 6 games throughout the year, and some of Dimboola's losses were very big defeats!!
As history has shown it is difficult for people playing in losing sides to get the 3 votes... Think this will affect his chances?
Anyone got a smokey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back