Wimmera League 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

To early for this stuff.
Yes, agree with you I do, my young friend, Smasher. Let's put this s**t on hold until after HDFL & WFL finals. But unfortunately it may be time that these two show just how good they are in the so called big league! Dimboola would be a good fit for them, with some family links as well. They will be back though!:thumbsu:

Yes, agree with you I do, my young friend, Smasher. Let's put this s**t on hold until after HDFL & WFL finals. But unfortunately it may be time that these two show just how good they are in the so called big league! Dimboola would be a good fit for them, with some family links as well. They will be back though!:thumbsu:

I also think that this stuff could wait until the season is over. However, I don't believe that Steve has anything to prove. Being selected in the All Australian Country team suggests that he would not only match it, but would beat the blokes running around in the WFL.

From reading this forum you always know whats going on at the kees moose47. Confirm or deny this Schultz/Dimmy thing! What family links are u talking about?

I've got some tips for round 16

Ararat big trip to Nhill big win 21 pts
Horsham to beat United 100+ pts (is this a night game?)
Saints easy win over Stawell 36 pts
Dimmy to upset the Eagles 8pts

From reading this forum you always know whats going on at the kees moose47. Confirm or deny this Schultz/Dimmy thing! What family links are u talking about?
I don't know any more than what has been posted here, so can neither confirm nor deny the rumour. Too early for the subject anyway.

Thats the final final five settled, well no teams can go in or drop out, spots 1 and 2 obviously can't change. The double chance can still go to Nhill or Ararat or even Warrack. Danger games for Nhill and Ararat will be against the strong finishing Burras.

Anyone go to saints v stawell? Word getting around serial hitman and lowlife thug Gavin Kelm at it again. Have heard he was reported yesterday for striking after elboing paul hanns. If this is the case hopefully the tribuneral comes down hard this time. After his 10 week suspension last year for his behind the play snipe in the finals (of which 4 weeks were suspended) one would have to assume if they find him guilty his season if not career at the saints is over....did anyone actually see the hit???

Anyone go to saints v stawell? Word getting around serial hitman and lowlife thug Gavin Kelm at it again. Have heard he was reported yesterday for striking after elboing paul hanns. If this is the case hopefully the tribuneral comes down hard this time. After his 10 week suspension last year for his behind the play snipe in the finals (of which 4 weeks were suspended) one would have to assume if they find him guilty his season if not career at the saints is over....did anyone actually see the hit???

heard the serial pest threw his elbow back and got hanns and was offered a week but rejected it. he will go at the tribunal too i think. he has 4 weeks hanging round his sniping neck and has yet again let saints down which is their own fault because as a club they have never dealt with him or the other sniping hacks they have had at the club over the years!

I saw the game but not the incident, Some people at the game thought there was nothing in it though. I believe the game may have been recorded interesting to see what happens to that tape.

I saw the game but not the incident, Some people at the game thought there was nothing in it though. I believe the game may have been recorded interesting to see what happens to that tape.
I too was at the game, and saw the incident (Which was no incident)
Kelm spun around after taking a mark and Hanns grabbed his face by trying to con the umpire into giving a free kick. Unfortunately it was Pickering umpiring and he got sucked in. Shawy who was the other umpire even appologised to Kelm after the game. Hanns will testify that this is what happened. All those willing to slip the boot into Kelm would want to get their facts straight first.:mad:

After taking a mark in the centre against warrack and Tim germano trying to hold him up he swang his elbow back clipping germano if connected well would have done some damage seems like the same sought of thing

I too was at the game, and saw the incident (Which was no incident)
Kelm spun around after taking a mark and Hanns grabbed his face by trying to con the umpire into giving a free kick. Unfortunately it was Pickering umpiring and he got sucked in. Shawy who was the other umpire even appologised to Kelm after the game. Hanns will testify that this is what happened. All those willing to slip the boot into Kelm would want to get their facts straight first.:mad:
Dave, did the Mail Times get it wrong, was the targeted player Kelm? Pickering paid some disgraceful 50m penalties to both sides on Saturday, it was very strange umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s was a huge mistake for the tribunal to let him back onto Wimmera League grounds. This has been going on for years and it only really came to light because it was caught on camera. This is a man who has spent his career bashing people behind the play and it’s seriously doubtful after all this years of elbows to the head that he has suddenly become ‘unlucky’.
You are a twit mate. You have probably never laced on a boot in your life. Stop trying to stir up s**t. We all agree Kelm's act on Beer was a disgrace.
You weren't there, didn't see it and have no idea what you are talking about.
It's sad for you that your greatest claim to fame is bagging and slandering people from behind an alias, because you don't have the nuts to say it to their face. You are pathetic and your mum should stop you from using the computer....:mad:

Any one know when Kelm fronts tribunal?

Als anyone have any knowledge (not opinion) on yesterdays umpire news appearing in WMT?

The Marklew side of things was a surprise but certainly would expect from Pickering. He has views on how each and every club should be run which is none of his business. Not surprising to see him have adverse views on individual players.

Completely agree there Slenko, right issue wrong umpire. Have heard lots of things over the last couple of days but have no idea what is true. Very surprised the paper ran with it.

It is an absolute disgrace that the WFL Commision and the Idependant Umpires Association did not back their own umpire and still play him as selected. In pulling him from the match, they basically admitted that there was a problem there, which I'm sure there wasn't. To treat Marklew in such a way is appalling. This at a time when we are trying recruit umpires and also retain our current umpires and they treat one of our best umpires like this. This sets a very bad precedent. What if in the future a club that perceives it has been unfairly treated by a particular umpire, it could go to the WFL Commission and claim they have heard rumours that they will be 'targeted' and have the Umpire removed from umpiring their games. That is BULLSHIT, it should not happen that way, but the WFL has now set the precedent. Did Horsham use it's power over the WFL on this occassion or are the WFL commission just so weak? The WFL had better hope that the so called Informant has some evidence otherwise they have made a huge mistake here.

Come on Fancy Pants, your at it again. Kelm has done his time for the Beer incident and will do more if found guilty again this year. In no way do I condone what he has done in the past but on this occassion from what I have heard from eye witnesses he hardly has a case to answer. Apparently Hanns acted up to try get a free. What you probably don't realise is that grown men take to the footy field and expect to take a few knocks now and then. So how about you just leave it there. As for Beer he had the option to go to the police if he wanted to make a complaint of a criminal offence. There was plenty of witnesses and video evidence to make a case. But he and/or the Nhill committee chose not to take that path. Kelm has done his time and is entitled to the presumption of inocence on this one and his prior history should not be taken into account when deciding if he guilty or not guilty.

We have discussed these issues before and I realise I’m in the minority and I accept that. Your also right with what you say about Nhill and beer not taking it further, that’s a personal decision I guess. Your also right about a presumption of innocence, everyone is entitled to that. For the rest of it we will have to agree to disagree but as I said most people would be agreeing with you. Can’t but feel though this is why more and more mothers are encouraging their kids to play soccer.
Fancy, I have to say that it is good to get some support from other people who actually SAW THE INCIDENT . If you knew you facts, you would know that the reason Beer never pressed charges is because Kelm & Beer made an agreement that Kelm would pay all medical costs.
You are the type of person that obviously likes to make uneducated comments on things you know very little about.
Why dont you go and support soccer and leave local footy alone....

It is an absolute disgrace that the WFL Commision and the Idependant Umpires Association did not back their own umpire and still play him as selected. In pulling him from the match, they basically admitted that there was a problem there, which I'm sure there wasn't. To treat Marklew in such a way is appalling. This at a time when we are trying recruit umpires and also retain our current umpires and they treat one of our best umpires like this. This sets a very bad precedent. What if in the future a club that perceives it has been unfairly treated by a particular umpire, it could go to the WFL Commission and claim they have heard rumours that they will be 'targeted' and have the Umpire removed from umpiring their games. That is BULLSHIT, it should not happen that way, but the WFL has now set the precedent. Did Horsham use it's power over the WFL on this occassion or are the WFL commission just so weak? The WFL had better hope that the so called Informant has some evidence otherwise they have made a huge mistake here.

At a guess I would say the informant may have come from within the umpire ranks itself. If the commission viewed that the source was so close to the action they would have to act.

To say Horsham may have used it's power over the WFL detracts from your post to a point where you have belittled yourself.

At a guess I would say the informant may have come from within the umpire ranks itself. If the commission viewed that the source was so close to the action they would have to act.

To say Horsham may have used it's power over the WFL detracts from your post to a point where you have belittled yourself.

That was just a throw away line aimed at getting a response.

Can you confirm that the player concerned was David Johns? Did Horsham F.C. disclose the identity of the informant to the Commision? Are you able to tell us who the informant was rather than guessing?

That was just a throw away line aimed at getting a response.

Can you confirm that the player concerned was David Johns? Did Horsham F.C. disclose the identity of the informant to the Commision? Are you able to tell us who the informant was rather than guessing?

I know nothing more than what has been in papers. I have just concluded that if the informant was just a club person the commission would have dismissed it. Given the hast they have acted with makes me feel like it has come from within the umpiring sector.

On kelm i read on the wimmera mail times website that the report was for attempting to strike if this is the case then the report is correct and kelms year is over.. He clearly swung his elbow back in Hanns direction and while he gets away with this sort of thing usually he was stupid enough to do it right in front of the umpire.. Hanns is not the bloke to dob on an opposition player so it will come down to pickering and we all know he just wants the limelight of ending someones year..

What do people think about where the grand final should be this year? I have heard there is strong consideration for having it at Murtoa because the surface is so good.

Although murtoa's ground has been great the last couple of finals series there changerooms probably aren't up to scratch. It will come down to Dimboola and Stawell both good grounds and good facilities with Stawell probably ahead in both.. Stawells grand final a few years ago was fantastic for the feel around the ground.. But in the end it will come down to who's playing seeing as Nhill wouldn't want to make the trek down the highway..

News from the tribunal, sure to make Fancy happy.:p Umpires apparently mucked up the paperwork and the charges againist Kelm were thrown out.

Harry Denson has done his ACL also.

News from the tribunal, sure to make Fancy happy.:p Umpires apparently mucked up the paperwork and the charges againist Kelm were thrown out.

Harry Denson has done his ACL also.

Been a great week for the wimmera umpires!! say no more...They seem to have had a bit of trouble with the 'paperwork' over the years..can u give us some detail pp was it because they did not charge him with striking? had a conversation with a saints player and he was far from convinced that there was no contact and thought he would go.

Been a great week for the wimmera umpires!! say no more...They seem to have had a bit of trouble with the 'paperwork' over the years..can u give us some detail pp was it because they did not charge him with striking? had a conversation with a saints player and he was far from convinced that there was no contact and thought he would go.

Nah, sorry mate. Thats all the info i've got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back