Wimmera League 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

News from the tribunal, sure to make Fancy happy.:p Umpires apparently mucked up the paperwork and the charges againist Kelm were thrown out.

Harry Denson has done his ACL also.
Good see that this was thrown out. Kelm has been guilty of many indiscretions in the past but this was not one. Even without this drama I think this could be his last season at the Saints and in the WFL. Although he his one of the leagues most decorated players running around at the moment, he is yet to play in a senior premiership, and this is what he desperately wants. He deserves to have one last crack at it for the rest of this season with the Horsham Saints - (thats for you FP). His links to Taylors Lake are very strong, maybe even strong enough to play with Carr and maybe strong enough to play for very little incentive other than chasing that ellusive premiership. With rumors of the Schultz brothers leaving the dominant Kalkee next year and the Lakes improvement this year, Kelm could go back there next season.

Yeah it must be bitter to have been on the losing end for so long. Is it 6 or 7 grand finals the Saints have lost since being in the Wimmera League?

I don't know if it is 6 or 7 grand finals. Premierships is what all clubs & players play for, but 6 or 7 grand final appearances in the last 15 years or so is better than most WFL clubs with Horsham owning the cup for most of the last decade.

How far off is Kelm to the 16 weeks and your out of the VCFL for life rule applying? Anyway he got off this one, I think he will still get off any pendng appeal!. I think no matter who appeals he's going to be in to loose another GF, and good on him!

Who are you 'StNias' new to this thread? Kelm to the Lakers you say! Is there enough cash there to pay both Carr and Kelm? Will Carr and Kelm and Weir get along? I think it is a bit too early to be predicting anything in relation to all this.

Wow! If half of what is said in this forum in the last week is even partially true, the WFL, the umpires association are an absolute DISGRACE.

Did the tribuneral even sit this week before throwing this case out?

Luke Carr was previously allowed to play in a grand final after getting his 2 week suspension for striking jason weir (then saints) overturned on a technicality. The WFL tribuneral were left embarassed and said they would be liasing with the VCFL to prevent this in the future and only 2 or 3 years on they or the umpires may have completly stuffed up again.

Even if no contact was made attempting to strike is still an offence - Alistair Lynch got 10 weeks for a few harmless airswings in an AFL grand final against Wakelin!

Looking at his previous record it is clear Kelm hasnt exactly cleaned up his act since the beer and many other incidents throughout his career and serial offenders like this need to be dealt with properly. I would go as far to say it looks as though the wimmera league is failing in their duty of care to all clean players out there who enjoy playing a good hard game of footy without a punch on. If the league and umpires arent going to act, how long before a player or his teammates has to 'settle' the score on the field himself? In this league its starting to look like the only option...

Have to agree with you FOOTYZ LIFE, As a club the saints have always turned a blind eye to this sort of thing or done nothing to prevent it happening again. We are talking about a football club that last year had 4 players suspended at the tribuneral burgess 1 week, combe 10 weeks, kelm 6 and Butsch 1 week for a headbutt which was huge and warranted a lot more than a week.

At first I wasnt a so sure but now it is no wonder these rumours on this forum of teammates not wanting to play with Kelm keep coming up. Despite the fact he is a matchwinner and one of the saints best since coming into the comp, I am starting to think the club is less likely to succeed with him there...pencil in grand final loss number 7 or 8 at this stage.

How far off is Kelm to the 16 weeks and your out of the VCFL for life rule applying? Anyway he got off this one, I think he will still get off any pendng appeal!. I think no matter who appeals he's going to be in to loose another GF, and good on him!

Who are you 'StNias' new to this thread? Kelm to the Lakers you say! Is there enough cash there to pay both Carr and Kelm? Will Carr and Kelm and Weir get along? I think it is a bit too early to be predicting anything in relation to all this.
Can't you see I'm a StKilda fan from the Grampians. I'm an avid fan of the WFL, like the teams from the east, RATS & Stawell. I take a keen interest in how Great Western & Swifts go in the HDFL as well.

This Kelm report is all over, but there were two umpires in the game and wouldn't the other umpire review any reports from the game? He would have seen what happened. Maybe he let the paperwork error through knowing that there was nothing in the incident

Nhill v mm today. Cameron Pickering walked off the ground didn't shake any players hands walked through the gates closest to the grand stand(other side to usual) and abused 2 supporters. As much as I appreciate the job our wfl umpires do and of which I must say they do an amazing job abusing supporters is not on. Might be time to move on Cameron. He and frank Marilee umpired superbly today. Cameron have a week or 2 of think about what you've e done an get yourself right for finals.

The grapevine is running hot with rumours that the Schultz boys will be making public thier intentions of heading elsewhere in 2011 before the end of the season. Should we hazard a guess at when this will be and to what club?

According to HDFL website the club is either Dimboola or United.
Fancy, don't you mean the HDFL Big Footy Forum not the HDFL website? Two quite different things, with the first being a far less reliable source of information!

According to HDFL website the club is either Dimboola or United.
There may be plenty of rumours and grapevines but i would think if Steve and/or Grant Schultz were actually going to play elsewhere next season, they would not be the ones to announce it publicly before the end of the WFL or the HDFL season. They are far too professional for that, they may let the Kalkee committee know of their intentions but no public announcements......We heard all the same rumours last year. I think they will stay at Kalkee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There may be plenty of rumours and grapevines but i would think if Steve and/or Grant Schultz were actually going to play elsewhere next season, they would not be the ones to announce it publicly before the end of the WFL or the HDFL season. They are far too professional for that, they may let the Kalkee committee know of their intentions but no public announcements......We heard all the same rumours last year. I think they will stay at Kalkee
I wouldn't be too sure on that StNias. If the Schultz boys are in discussions with a WFL club, that Club would be very keen to make an annoucement to get their recruiting going early, especially if that team were not to be in the finals this year.

They might get past the first round. Nhill / Saints will account for them though. Have heard that things arent ticking along too well at Warrack. The coaches off field [FONT=&quot]indiscretions[/FONT] have left the club close to imploding.
I have not yet heard anything from Warracknabeal of the coaches so called "off field indiscretions" or about the club getting close to imploding. Can you tell us more, bigred ftruck?

Do you think the Eagles will make the grand final?

It will be a hard task for them to make it from here. Their aim was to make 3rd which unfortunately they havnt done.
I think they will be Ararat in the first final and they would have to hope they come up against the Saints in the next final. Nhill have had the wood over the Eagles for a while now and they seem to match up better against the smaller saints. But as we all know anything can happen come finals time. We have seen that the Demons can be beaten and the top 5 is a lot closer that what people may think.

As for the coach, there are no issues there that i am aware of. He has worked the group pretty hard over the bye, the boys with injuries have freshened up and there should be a couple of inclusions including assistant coach Dan Krahe who has been out for a few weeks. The Eagles have no excuses from here on in with a full list to choose from. Time will tell. If Nhill hadnt copped a flogging the other week at the hands of the demons i would say that they would be slight favourites but you really cant go past the demons again at this stage.

I wouldn't be too sure on that StNias. If the Schultz boys are in discussions with a WFL club, that Club would be very keen to make an annoucement to get their recruiting going early, especially if that team were not to be in the finals this year.
Mmmmoose your'e adding fuel to the Dimboola rumour then.

What do you think about the Saints v Horsham game this weekend. Top of the ladder clash before the finals. We should be all abuzz about it or will it be a non contest

Yes its a drive for Nhill but they are at the far far west of the league. Dimboola had it last year and we can't give Horsham a home grand final. So Stawell it is, its the best neutral ground as any of the other finalists could play the demons in the GF. Not sure about having a final at St Brigids College though very poor facilties for players and supporters, the playing surface is pretty good, i was there on a wet day when Stawell played there a couple of weeks ago, it held up ok.

Yes its a drive for Nhill but they are at the far far west of the league. Dimboola had it last year and we can't give Horsham a home grand final. So Stawell it is, its the best neutral ground as any of the other finalists could play the demons in the GF. Not sure about having a final at St Brigids College though very poor facilties for players and supporters, the playing surface is pretty good, i was there on a wet day when Stawell played there a couple of weeks ago, it held up ok.
Stawell is the best venue for the GF. I like Warrack as a venue but they are still in the mix and Dimboola is good but they had it last year. So what if Nhill have to travel, that's if they make it! For the venue to be decided now Stawell is best. Why is there three finals in Horsham?

Mmmmoose your'e adding fuel to the Dimboola rumour then.

What do you think about the Saints v Horsham game this weekend. Top of the ladder clash before the finals. We should be all abuzz about it or will it be a non contest
Horsham to win by at least 100 points!:footy::footy:

eagles accounted for stawell today! One incident made me quite sick.... Shane field trying to be tough punched a warrack player and will probably only get a week!
or what everyone saw was a king hit that made contact to the nose. shane field you are not a footballers anus. Dig a hole pal and have a spell. You make most of the people in the legue very ill. WORST FOOTBALLER EVER

Scott Beattie is going to coach Horsham United in the wimmera league for a bucket load of cash $20,000 and he gets a bonus of $1500 per player he brings with him, deal was done last week, with president of united and will be in the wimmera mail times on the monday after the GV grand final, have seen the picture of him shaking hands with the president, signed sealed and delivered!!!!!

Just saw this posted on the GV forum and thought it might interest some of you on this forum. Know nothing about it. However have a few mates who know him well or seen him play and have told me he is an absolute gun. Maybe someone on this thread may have heard more on this?

Will be a grand final worth watching this year regardless of who plays off. Stawell has had an massive amount of rain over the last week. It will be as wet and muddy a grand final that there has been over the last twenty years.

You do realise the grand finals not for another 3 and half weeks? central park has great drainage with only the centre square a bother but with a full time greens keeper you'd think it would be perfect in time for the big one. thats as long as we don't keep getting two inches of rain each week.

Yeah I realise that but once a ground turns to mud it’s hard for it to recover even if it doesn’t rain for a bit. Central park is a great venue.
The word is the game scheduled for Coughlin park on Sunday will be moved to Minyip, anyone else heard that?

Had heard a whisper of the same.. Also heard the Saints/Nhill game scheduled for city oval on Saturday night will now be played on Saturday afternoon due to the fact it will be 3 degrees overnight. Officials are rightly worried about crowd numbers.

http://www.mailtimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/wimmera-league-night-final-change/1914231.aspx

There you go. Confirmed. Both the Sunday final (now Minyip) and the night game have now changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back