Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Over the next few years we are going to lose Petrie, Spud, Thompson, Wells, Harvey, Dal and to a lesser extent Waite.

At the start of the year I said blokes like Basti, Atley, Black, Wood, McMillan, McDonald, Taz, Brown, Jacobs, Ziebell and Cunnington needed to really step up if we were going to go close to playing finals again. Pretty much all of them have stagnated or gone backwards. NONE! NOT ONE, has stepped up and really progressed. None of these blokes are A-graders and when we lose all the top mentioned players we are facing a serious drop towards the bottom of the ladder.

I personally think this year is a write off, we can't make top 4 and we are just going to fill in the numbers if we do make finals.

We need a proper re-build. Coaching staff needs to go, the first half of the year proved that the coach has lost the players completely. Our game plan is non existent and our forward structure is actually embarrassing.

Some big calls need to be made and they need to be made now. Otherwise we are facing another 5-10 years of mid finishing mediocrity.

Its just one game boys lets not jump to conclusions and go all doom and gloom just yet. We did make the prelim last year after all. I mean it's not like we have been bad this year excluding those games against the crows, hawks and dockers. And look at the pies, we smashed them ...for 1 half. And chin up, we have an easy draw - first of all against the team thats only won 1 game this year. This will really kick start our season

Its just one game boys lets not jump to conclusions and go all doom and gloom just yet. We did make the prelim last year after all. I mean it's not like we have been bad this year excluding those games against the crows, hawks and dockers. And look at the pies, we smashed them ...for 1 half. And chin up, we have an easy draw - first of all against the team thats only won 1 game this year. This will really kick start our season
Clearly you didn't see the game.

we have struggled to play 1 good solid game all season.

Responsibility has to fall on the coach, since the prelim we have been terrible. In the 70's the club went out and got Barrassi, changing the everything. That needs to happen again. Exactly who I don't know, but the core of this team is good, that's why we made a prelim. The current coaching staff can only get our blokes to play at around 30% of their capabilities we need a team to play at 70 - 80% week in week out.

Do it and do it now. Petrie,Firrito,Thompson,Grima,Wells,McMahon,Daw are just clogging the list. Take the pain in the next few years or else it could last a couple of decades. There is no enthusiasm,no passion and at the moment no prospect of improvement. I have followed the roos for over 55 years and have never been so disappointed in my team.I have seen North at their worst as far as ability is concerned in the 60's but at least they had a go each week.Today's team is a sham and a disgrace to the jumper.

I wish I could share you optimism. Alas, I can not.

It's just one game....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Get your head out of the ******* sand.

Responsibility has to fall on the coach, since the prelim we have been terrible. In the 70's the club went out and got Barrassi, changing the everything. That needs to happen again. Exactly who I don't know, but the core of this team is good, that's why we made a prelim. The current coaching staff can only get our blokes to play at around 30% of their capabilities we need a team to play at 70 - 80% week in week out.

even last year we had stinkers, across Scott's whole tenure we have had good games then been incredibly crap.

We over achieved last year in my opinion. we are still middle tier, we haven't dropped off that much compared to last its just that everyone else around us have improved significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly you didn't see the game.

I watched it for 2 quarters and 3 mins before they piled on 3 goals straight in the third and I left the room before I got any angrier and destroyed the television. We've had shocking losses...adelaide a few years back, collingwood this year, freo and adelaide this year but boy oh boy i cant recall every losing to the bottom placed side by over 10 goals with our season on the line

Buy out Waite and Petries' contracts, bring in Dixon for 700k or whatever he wants.

Over the next few years we are going to lose Petrie, Spud, Thompson, Wells, Harvey, Dal and to a lesser extent Waite.

At the start of the year I said blokes like Basti, Atley, Black, Wood, McMillan, McDonald, Taz, Brown, Jacobs, Ziebell and Cunnington needed to really step up if we were going to go close to playing finals again. Pretty much all of them have stagnated or gone backwards. NONE! NOT ONE, has stepped up and really progressed. None of these blokes are A-graders and when we lose all the top mentioned players we are facing a serious drop towards the bottom of the ladder.

I personally think this year is a write off, we can't make top 4 and we are just going to fill in the numbers if we do make finals.

We need a proper re-build. Coaching staff needs to go, the first half of the year proved that the coach has lost the players completely. Our game plan is non existent and our forward structure is actually embarrassing.

Some big calls need to be made and they need to be made now. Otherwise we are facing another 5-10 years of mid finishing mediocrity.
Yep..full re build is needed. Pains me to say it. *!!!

now we had an opportunity to be relevant and have blown it, I have never feared for the future of this club as I do now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back