Computers & Internet Windows 10- 'Free'....okkkayyy....

Remove this Banner Ad

I have 8.1 on my laptop and do not want to upgrade it just yet but the little Windows 10 icon on the taskbar is really starting to s**t me constantly popping up a reminder to reserve my copy of Win 10.

Same. ..sick of the reminders...probably could get rid of it but blah blah blah

I have 8.1 on my laptop and do not want to upgrade it just yet but the little Windows 10 icon on the taskbar is really starting to s**t me constantly popping up a reminder to reserve my copy of Win 10.
Hide it then.

There is one update that you can disable so that the icon *s off.

My friendly computer man said his firm is telling p[eople to stay away from Windows 10 . They Will look at it again in 6 months time to reassess. Some of their clients have had it installed and come back a few days later, most unhappy . Said windows 7 will be around for another 3 or 4 years , no worries

Mine isn't.

Mine is right beside this icon.

middle-finger-131.jpg

It will have, but if they get even a quarter the people to upgrade to windows 10 they support $$ they can save will be huge. There is one company (I cant remember who) who have reportedly paid millions to Microsoft to continue supporting them in windows XP because they don't want to upgrade for whatever reason.
My work has done this :drunk: Cost a bucketload, but there were systems that weren't able to be transferred to a different OS until recently. Finally getting upgraded to 8 soon though

I upgraded my home computer to 10 last week. Easy seamless upgrade. The start menu shits me and it's too hard to find notepad, but otherwise it works like always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the new technology in Windows 10 can automatically uninstall and delete any pirated software you may have installed on your computer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back