Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see the point of the club continuing to use the tablecloth, surely it doesn't sell that well either, I hardly see people wearing it, on the other hand I see a lot more wearing the peril heritage from 2004.
#returntheperil

I saw my cousin wearing it once so I spilt some red wine on it. Taught him a lesson that day.

Clash is simple to change, just say to the AFL, 2016 onwards we are wearing our heritage jumper as a clash, should not be problem. Its really sad not see our original heritage jumper not even feature.

Exactly, I have no idea why the club make it seem like it's super difficult to have Guernseys changed when other clubs seem to just get it done when ever they want? Surely no one at the club actually like it and I'm sure I've heard the players say they don't like playing in them.

You had to didn't you? You had to go and create a new chant. If this catches on and we start hearing S G I Fly Eagles Fly being chanted at games all the blame is going on you, Don Pyke style.
Mate. I posted that like 6 pages back. Get with the times :p.

You had to didn't you? You had to go and create a new chant. If this catches on and we start hearing S G I Fly Eagles Fly being chanted at games all the blame is going on you, Don Pyke style.

Lol I do reckon we should start a "Hunt! Hunt! Hunt! Hunt!" chant going. Only problem is old people will probably think we're saying something else which rhymes with it. But I'm sure it would be extremely effective if it managed to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lol I do reckon we should start a "Hunt! Hunt! Hunt! Hunt!" chant going. Only problem is old people will probably think we're saying something else which rhymes with it. But I'm sure it would be extremely effective if it managed to happen.

Would be amazing and super intimidating but yeah, as you said it could become easily mistaken for another word. And you could just imagine the Commentators and VIC AFL shows having a field day with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be amazing and super intimidating but yeah, as you said it could become easily mistaken for another word. And you could just imagine the Commentators and VIC AFL shows having a field day with it.

Yeah can just imagine it. "WA fans disgustingly chanting shockingly absurd words in crowd" sounds like a headline that would suit freo not us haha

Haaa, I'm 505880 :D

SGI, FLY EAGLE FLY

BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT THEIR WINGS BACK BITCHES!

Fixed.

Sorry Shueperman13 as it turns out matty6 wasn't BSing me. :rolleyes:

Fixed.

Sorry Shueperman13 as it turns out matty6 wasn't BSing me. :rolleyes:

Hahah all good fellow winger

I can't pretend I'm a massive fan of the navy when I'm not..the Royal Blue and Peril will always have my heart, however that jumper looks really nice and you guys deserve congratulations and many thanks for bringing back our wings. We've been loyal Eagles supporters since their very first game and have seen all the highs and lows, but one thing that has really bugged us is our constant jumper changes.. some just downright awful, it hurt to see our boys running around in some of those monstrosities over the years..frustrating. Wings are and always will be Eagles.
Thanks guys..will be buying 4 for myself, hubby and both daughters to show our support and appreciation.

I can't pretend I'm a massive fan of the navy when I'm not..the Royal Blue and Peril will always have my heart, however that jumper looks really nice and you guys deserve congratulations and many thanks for bringing back our wings. We've been loyal Eagles supporters since their very first game and have seen all the highs and lows, but one thing that has really bugged us is our constant jumper changes.. some just downright awful, it hurt to see our boys running around in some of those monstrosities over the years..frustrating. Wings are and always will be Eagles.
Thanks guys..will be buying 4 for myself, hubby and both daughters to show our support and appreciation.

Can I have one of your daughters?

Just woke up, check face book and boom!

What a trip man. They even wrap around the back! And they're big wings!

They may be navy but they did better than I expected. What do you think of it E92?

They looks amazing. I was only expecting a navy version of the away, never thought they'd make the wings bigger and join them up on the sidepanels. :rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back