Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LrkK4.png

we need the bigger wings though, like the ones on the 92 20th anniversary!

I just googled for the jumper, and came across the West Coast release from their website back in 2012. One line grabbed my attention...

"...Glass modelling what is sure to be a popular item with fans."

A popular item? I wonder why... Surely can't be because of the history that jumper and eagle head contain. Our club deserves a better image then it gets with us running out in the tri-panel and that horrendous white jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need the bigger wings though, like the ones on the 92 20th anniversary!

I didn't like those wings on the 92 one, they were too straight, if that makes sense. Becasue the old guernsey's had the wings meeting almost at the same point, deep wings worked fine. With the new collar (08-13) they wings had to start further apart, so then making the wings deeper looked weird.

With this new puma template, we could in theory, start the wings at a point and have them deeper, but more of a curve, rather than straight down.

I didn't like those wings on the 92 one, they were too straight, if that makes sense. Becasue the old guernsey's had the wings meeting almost at the same point, deep wings worked fine. With the new collar (08-13) they wings had to start further apart, so then making the wings deeper looked weird.

With this new puma template, we could in theory, start the wings at a point and have them deeper, but more of a curve, rather than straight down.
Yeh the new template can improve the wings. Even still though the larger wings regardless of the 'straightness' look 100 times better than piddly baby eagle wings we have now.

As in a WCE in the Carlton CFC style? Could work. Can someone make one up?

A slightly better pic of the monogram on the sleeve of the college jacket released last year

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
As in a WCE in the Carlton CFC style? Could work. Can someone make one up?
West Coast jumpers have Always had an Eagles head of some description on the jumper.

We can't claim we want the traditional jumper design, but suddenly want a Mongram instead of an Eagle head.

As a side note, Dig Deep email has tri-panel jumpers - looks like no Yellow Peril this year :( (not that I actually expected there would be)

West Coast jumpers have Always had an Eagles head of some description on the jumper.

We can't claim we want the traditional jumper design, but suddenly want a Mongram instead of an Eagle head.

As a side note, Dig Deep email has tri-panel jumpers - looks like no Yellow Peril this year :( (not that I actually expected there would be)
this be true but i'd prefer wings to an eagles head if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back