Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean it's made from wool?
The footy jumper that you remember. Made in Australia on a traditional knitting machine by Lyon sportswear. True to the spirit of Australia's game.
Yeh they are made in wool. It's a pity they put the VFL logo on it because we did play in that jumper during the AFL. #moronic

Yeh they are made in wool. It's a pity they put the VFL logo on it because we did play in that jumper during the AFL. #moronic

I never understood why "retro" meant VFL logo. It must be so it matches the heritage stuff of older teams or something.

Bit off topic, but has anyone noticed the different font being used on the club website? I'm not sure if it means anything. But seeing our name in a more modern font then the one on our club logo surprised me. Looks rather good tbh. Hope it means some things happening club logo wise.

Bit off topic, but has anyone noticed the different font being used on the club website? I'm not sure if it means anything. But seeing our name in a more modern font then the one on our club logo surprised me. Looks rather good tbh. Hope it means some things happening club logo wise.

Are you able to reproduce here to compare? I only see the one style?

Without reading all 150+ pages! what feedback did you guys get on this fromthe club/afl?

Fwiw I thought the wings is a no brainer, but I know these things are easier said than done (we have been begging RFC to have the inverted colour scheme for our clash jersey for years, they introduce it, and it's for the bloody VFL side clash :( )

Without reading all 150+ pages! what feedback did you guys get on this fromthe club/afl?

Fwiw I thought the wings is a no brainer, but I know these things are easier said than done (we have been begging RFC to have the inverted colour scheme for our clash jersey for years, they introduce it, and it's for the bloody VFL side clash :( )
To summarise, the club is run by a bunch of clueless dunces more interested in turning a buck than anything else. The feedback we've got is that the issue is being discussed but that it's really difficult and slow to get these things done. In other words, nothing is happening, or likely to happen anytime soon. We are all pretty much infuriated. To put it into perspective for you, on a scale of 1 to Tyrone Vickery, our fury is at the Tyrone end of things.

the inverse sash would look awesome. It's so simple and retains the essence of the Tigers guernsey. Obviously therefore, it won't happen.

To summarise, the club is run by a bunch of clueless dunces more interested in turning a buck than anything else. The feedback we've got is that the issue is being discussed but that it's really difficult and slow to get these things done. In other words, nothing is happening, or likely to happen anytime soon. We are all pretty much infuriated. To put it into perspective for you, on a scale of 1 to Tyrone Vickery, our fury is at the Tyrone end of things.

sorry to hear it - hope you keep fighting

at least you can be assured it could be worse, you dont have the paddlepop lion on your jersey

the inverse sash would look awesome. It's so simple and retains the essence of the Tigers guernsey. Obviously therefore, it won't happen.

here it is - massive fan favourite

1398085842419.jpg-300x0.jpg

Best thing is it avoids the AFL clash crap of Friday night (still don't how they can approve our clash, but say you have to change because you clash - and why they couldnt let you play in the royal blue)

Best thing is it avoids the AFL clash crap of Friday night (still don't how they can approve our clash, but say you have to change because you clash - and why they couldnt let you play in the royal blue)
Cheers mate. That looks terrific. Imagine that versus the royal blue winged guernsey. One day my friend. One day.

Yeah. Our club doesn't care about looking back at history, seeing all our achievements in the wings jumper. It must always be "moving forward". So we're stuck with a shitty set of jumpers saved only by the fact that the wings are somewhat still there. (Albiet in clipped form)

I long for the day that the little jumper shape next to my avatar on here is a set of wings rather then the tripanel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the sounds of it they let us, we just chose not to.

In answer to your earlier question, the response we got from the club was lip service and nothing else.

I know you guys have been bitching about your management, but I have to admit I thought the story of you guys knocking back the royal blue was BS - made no sense

Yeah. Our club doesn't care about looking back at history, seeing all our achievements in the wings jumper. It must always be "moving forward". So we're stuck with a shitty set of jumpers saved only by the fact that the wings are somewhat still there. (Albiet in clipped form)

I long for the day that the little jumper shape next to my avatar on here is a set of wings rather then the tripanel

This shits me, how are you supposed to build any continuity or tradition if you piss it off?

I know you guys have been bitching about your management, but I have to admit I thought the story of you guys knocking back the royal blue was BS - made no sense

This shits me, how are you supposed to build any continuity or tradition if you piss it off?
You have pretty much summarised the previous 157 pages. :)

imagine if fremantle had west coasts staff during their rebrand, they would f##k it up and use green and red as the two primary colours despite what the fans wanted and occasionally use purple for away games but only if the AFL and sponsors say its ok....

man im starting to hate the people running this club

imagine if fremantle had west coasts staff during their rebrand, they would f##k it up and use green and red as the two primary colours despite what the fans wanted and occasionally use purple for away games but only if the AFL and sponsors say its ok....

Maybe we should recruit...gulp...some of Fremantle's staff.

Shake it out, shake it out.

Or they'd get rid of the anchor...

If we wore our royal blue, chances are there would not have been a clash in the first place. ;):rolleyes:

Best clash strip in the league (well, not yet)

They would add two unnecessary new colours for "merchandise purposes". Update the logo and then keep it until its laughably old looking, and claim that any further upkeep of the clubs image would have to be in the best interests of the club "moving forward".

Then despite having two different jumpers, add a third to rake in even more money and remove even more tradition, then they'll sit on this massive money pile while they laugh at the gulliable masses who think that the club still listens to them.

#cutdeep :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back