Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read that they did something like this when they brought in the current clash but I never remember seeing it.

Mr Eagle

Survey of members done in 2006, when they were looking at replacing roadkill bird with the logo head on the home jumper. There were also three proposed clash jumpers put up for vote which never saw the light of day (two were somewhat like our white training jumper, the third a white version of the Wings)

Does it look anything like this?
67977_58d2513a5fb144d34366bc8105ddfbbf.jpg
wing it you did a great job with the email to Gary. Maybe we could gain some traction by emailing the sponsors? Both SGIO and Bankwest are originally WA companies and may react favourably if they feel they would be seen as trying to preserve the identity and traditions of our number one sporting team?

Last edited:
Survey of members done in 2006, when they were looking at replacing roadkill bird with the logo head on the home jumper. There were also three proposed clash jumpers put up for vote which never saw the light of day (two were somewhat like our white training jumper, the third a white version of the Wings)

Do you have the images?

wing it you did a great job with the email to Gary. Maybe we could gain some traction by emailing the sponsors? Both SGIO and Bankwest are originally WA companies and may react favourably if they feel they would be seen as trying to preserve the identity and transitions of our number one sporting team?
That's a solid idea. It might take some effort to find, within those organisations, the appropriate people to talk to. But yeah, worth trying.

Survey of members done in 2006, when they were looking at replacing roadkill budgie with the logo head on the home jumper. There were also three proposed clash jumpers put up for vote which never saw the light of day (two were somewhat like our white training jumper, the third a white version of the Wings)

EFA

ClashBirdNoPipe.jpg
ClashBirdPipe.jpg
ClashWithWings.jpg

(History does not relate why image #3 had a missing ochre patch below the beak. I've always presumed it was not intentional.)

Seeing that in the past, a white set of wings has been considered. Does that make it more likely that they could consider royal home, yellow away and white clash?

Seeing that in the past, a white set of wings has been considered. Does that make it more likely that they could consider royal home, yellow away and white clash?

Why would we need a white clash if we had the yellow? Seems kind of pointless.

I reckon the white wings look terrible to be honest, not sure what it is but it just doesn't look right.

Royal blue with yellow trim would look nicer imo, I've seen a few designs similar to that on the FGD board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why people keep putting forth white wings suggestions - if we had a yellow based wings design, we wouldn't need it. We should be doing everything in our power to kill white from our brand. Our branding is blue and gold. White just creates clashes and confusion - flag/design rules say yellow and white should not go together at all.

Also, am I the only person actually disappointed in Gary's response? During the poll they stated they wouldn't be able to change anything to 2015 - now they are telling us, actually we haven't done anything, so the earliest would be 2016. Not Gary's fault - but I extremely disappointed in the club.

They could have easily produced a 'peril' dig deep jumper for this year - would have help placate itw fans, plus sold a truck load of jumpers - raising money for the club and cancer. But they did nothing.

Honestly though, other clubs have changed jumpers sooner - if the club want to wear Wings design next years I'm pretty confident they could work with the AFL to make it happen. Just like I'm sure the AFL would work with Richmond for clash jumper for next year if Richmond worked on it.

Without changes to the logo, I still think navy would remain as the home colour.

Navy jumper/navy shorts home
Royal/royal away
Gold/gold clash for... probably away v Freo and Brisbane only.

(Gold jumper + gold shorts = Extreme Peril???)

Gold/clash could also be worn away v Bulldogs (& maybe Kangaroos), and at home in the Dig Deep round.

Navy (home) - 10
Royal (Away/ Finals) - 8
Yellow (clash/dig Deep) - 4 (3 away, 1 home)

I don't get why people keep putting forth white wings suggestions - if we had a yellow based wings design, we wouldn't need it. We should be doing everything in our power to kill white from our brand. Our branding is blue and gold. White just creates clashes and confusion - flag/design rules say yellow and white should not go together at all.

Also, am I the only person actually disappointed in Gary's response? During the poll they stated they wouldn't be able to change anything to 2015 - now they are telling us, actually we haven't done anything, so the earliest would be 2016. Not Gary's fault - but I extremely disappointed in the club.

They could have easily produced a 'peril' dig deep jumper for this year - would have help placate itw fans, plus sold a truck load of jumpers - raising money for the club and cancer. But they did nothing.

Honestly though, other clubs have changed jumpers sooner - if the club want to wear Wings design next years I'm pretty confident they could work with the AFL to make it happen. Just like I'm sure the AFL would work with Richmond for clash jumper for next year if Richmond worked on it.
If we wanted to wear royal wings and peril next year I'm sure we could do it - they are both existing jumpers not new ones that require approval.

If we wanted to wear royal wings and peril next year I'm sure we could do it - they are both existing jumpers not new ones that require approval.

I think it's been shown before that the AFL's rules on jumpers aren't as strict as they're made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back