Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2007
NT
AFL Club
West Coast
My Mrs works in a law firm and her lawyer boss is good mates with the guy who designed the wings. She wore my 92 anniversary wings on Friday for some gf thing and he happened to rock in to see the lawyer. Said he'd heard of RTW and was glad we were creaming over his design

If we find out where he lives, we can make pilgrimage to his house, and circumambulate that hallowed abode!

Over the last week I've been working on and off on designing a new eagle head (and full logo, but the head was the main focus). I've tried to come up with a cross between the old head and the current head. This is just an idea and I don't claim that it's better than either the current or old design.

View attachment 82983

I love this so much. So good. Wasn't the biggest fan of the original logo but this adaption with the current logo just works IMO.

speaker_302.jpg

wing it

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hell yeah!!!...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/dob1ns">@dob1ns</a> haven&#39;t seen any reports for a week but was pretty solid in favour of wings last check</p>&mdash; Gary Stocks (@Stoker49) <a href="">October 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I was thinking more in terms of the size of the wings, the side panel, the colour scheme, the logo...

But yeah. Lousy teenagers!!

1 step at time my friend:D

Seriously though, the shape of the wings and the way have been destroyed by the side panels is terrible. The collar has also stuffed them up, the way the wings part around the point of the collar looks really bad, almost as if at the last minute they've realised that this new collar doesn't quite work, and just slapped the wings on it.

Hopefully those little things can be tweaked over the next year, and by the time 2016 rolls around we will have a full set of glorious wings!! I am excite!

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
1 step at time my friend:D

Seriously though, the shape of the wings and the way have been destroyed by the side panels is terrible. The collar has also stuffed them up, the way the wings part around the point of the collar looks really bad, almost as if at the last minute they've realised that this new collar doesn't quite work, and just slapped the wings on it.

Hopefully those little things can be tweaked over the next year, and by the time 2016 rolls around we will have a full set of glorious wings!! I am excite!
If we laid down the law to Puma I bet they'd listen.
Eagles: We have to have the wings larger and no break in the side panel.
Puma: really, it can't be done.
Eagles: Nike and Adidas can do it and are willing.
Puma: No worries. It will be ready first thing in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back