Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTWers, I need your help.

Yesterday I was part of the launch of a campaign relating to the #illridewithyou movement and the Sydney Siege.

I've been watching the work of everyone in this thread very closely and have loved the support for the wings that has been drummed up.

Now we're trying to get Gary and the club on board. Please check it out at letsridetogether.com.au. I am not trying to profit in any way, shape of form.

Please check our the page, share, tweet the club/generally if you have a minute today.

Contact details or on the page or you can PM me/email me or tweet me @richbwil.

Merry Christmas, let's hope there's a wing announcement under the tree for us.

This bureaucracy and red tape is bloody infuriating.

Port Adelaide switched to their "V" design jumper almost overnight.

It don't really understand the holdup.

Port wore that guernsey as part of heritage round in 2009 r16 and because it was well received, they wore it in r17 (The design came from a competition). So basically (I think) they were able to ad-lib as I'm not sure this was planned beforehand or years beforehand (heritage round was, but they wore it the next round as well).

It wasn't their official guernsey until 2010.

I think it's that they missed the deadline last year, to get it in for 2015, so now we have to wait another year. Seems legit that it takes a year to get approved. We don't know when the port design was lodged with the AFL, was likely done well before we all heard about it.

Not sure about this. You're saying they missed the deadline last year (2013), to get it in for the 2015 season? Did you mean 2014-2015? Regardless, I can't see why a jumper change would take a year to get approved.

Port wore that guernsey as part of heritage round in 2009 r16 and because it was well received, they wore it in r17 (The design came from a competition). So basically (I think) they were able to ad-lib as I'm not sure this was planned beforehand or years beforehand (heritage round was, but they wore it the next round as well).

It wasn't their official guernsey until 2010.

Not sure about this. You're saying they missed the deadline last year (2013), to get it in for the 2015 season? Did you mean 2014-2015? Regardless, I can't see why a jumper change would take a year to get approved.

The club have told us it takes a year for changes to be approved. They initially missed the deadline to be able to wear a new jumper for 2015. The new deadline is February 2015 to be able to wear something new for the 2016 season.

Seems like some clubs have changed sooner, but there's always differences between their change and our potential change. For example Carlton just changed the logo, not the jumper itself, where as we are technically creating a new jumper (even though the basic design exists already, albeit in a different base colour)

It is frustrating to have it take so long, but hopefully we are nearing the end!

That stuffs been up since Thursday I think, still only the tri panel though, no sign of wings or clash yet, or 2014 player issues, although I doubt they will come up at all :(
I'm rather liking the new polos tbh. Although I'm not game on spending 80 dollars for one :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooo that deadline must be fast approaching, hope they've got their s**t in order and ready to submit. I would have hoped for some sort of news by now, at least a bit of info from the poll.

Why do I get the feeling that nothing is gonna change? :(

Lulz I haven't got mine yet, what s**t is in it this year?

Same stuff as always.

Off the top of my head...

• Member pins
  • Member pens
  • Stickers!
  • Vouchers
  • The actual memberships...
  • A crappy little resealable bag

Same stuff as always.

Off the top of my head...

• Member pins
  • Member pens
  • Stickers!
  • Vouchers
  • The actual memberships...
  • A crappy little resealable bag

Disgrace. I bet my Norf membership pack is better*, it was last year.

Srs note: The Norf membership packs are running late this year because they fell off the ship that was importing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back