Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the kids version is a darker shade.
16272-west-coast-eagles-2014-kids-replica-away-guernsey-740.jpg
16273-west-coast-eagles-2014-kids-replica-away-guernsey-740.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So should we assume that "stay tuned for news in the coming weeks" means that the wings won the poll, and that the change is coming??
I assume so because they've replied to a poster who doesn't like the tri-panel. Would seem strange and a little vindictive otherwise (not that that couldn't happen with our media team ;))

Doesn't really make sense to me that they would announce it before the end of the season because of tri-panel sales.

Yeah that's a fair point, although maybe people would buy more because they know it will be gone the next year, and then try and flog it off for a crazy price on ebay!!

Brisbane announced their change a year in advance, maybe because it was such a push from their members and supporters, much like ours is. I would hope we get told this year that a change is coming, then they show us the final product at the end of the season.

Yeah that's what I first thought when I saw those pics. Bit dissapointing, but all will be forgiven if we get the wings back, and maybe some sort of announcement soon.

On a side note, I just emailed those clowns at the team store and asked about the 2014 player issued guernseys......again! They are gunna hate me, if they already don't:D:D

I don't get why this year there haven't been any available, plus their stalling and stuffing around with the dirty Guernsey program, which we were told would happen before season 2014 started, and it never did.

I wonder if those framed up 2012 & 2013 P.I's that pop up on ebay every now and then have made them reconsider how to sell them without people trying to make a huge profit from them.

IMO the team wouldn't wear Wings at training, until it's officially announced. Make the announcement, get them produced and train in them later in the season for increased exposure. I'd like to see it happen that way, if it does come about.

Who knows about the 2014 player issues, Since there was no dirty program last year, maybe they have just re-used a bulk lot for the regular players. Especially if they are considering wings in 2016 and (hopefully) replacing the clash in the near future - no point ordering a heap more ... just a theory.

I'm still waiting on a certificate for my match worn jumper purchased via the gala auction.. it's disappointing.

IIRC kids wings were hens teeth in recent times, all you could get were tripanels. If they are starting to roll out kids wings as a staple that in itself is a good sign...
They could sneakily do that without doing too much damage to stock and get the kids warmed to it again before an announcement.

IIRC kids wings were hens teeth in recent times, all you could get were tripanels. If they are starting to roll out kids wings as a staple that in itself is a good sign...
They could sneakily do that without doing too much damage to stock and get the kids warmed to it again before an announcement.

I think the youth sized wings have always been available, I reckon it's the infant/toddler sized guernseys that were only in the tri panel, not sure if that's changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back