Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From what we've heard from all the tweets so far, about alterations, samples, getting it right, etc, we know that the wings are back. We know that. Right?

Sure, confirmation would be nice. But like QS inferred, 3-4 months more waiting is no big deal. It's just a handful of us jumper nerds that are itching for some news. I take E_92s point about the club creating expectations about giving us some answers, but then failing to deliver. But in the broader picture, we've basically got what we wanted. Well done, team.

What really excites me is the fact that they're checking samples and making alterations. Makes me think they're fixing the wings good 'n proper, rather than just a straight-out navy version of our away jumper, with it's scrawny broken wings and all. Gary (and others involved) are actually making the effort to sort out our greivances with the jumper and give us a product that we can be happy with. I'm excited to see it, but can wait it out for now.
I agree with this 100%

Infact, I feel like the clubs being so quiet because they're rebranding for 2016. You wouldn't want your new image leaked before its ready, and if the wings have prompted that to happen then it makes sense, doesn't it? Keep them under wraps and don't give much away, so the reveal blows us all away.

New jumpers, new logo. Would be a great way to start 2016

S G I O! GO EAGLES GO!
I don't know whats worse
That chant, or the fact that people actually do it at games
Your basically cheering for sponsors

It would be like if Liverpool fans added an extra verse to you "You'll Never Walk Alone" which referenced the fresh taste of a cold Carlsberg

Haha, you can't make up something that funny. It's like it's straight out of a South Park episode

Edit: sorry, #stillofftopic

FG39BTa.gif

I don't know whats worse

It would be like if Liverpool fans added an extra verse to you "You'll Never Walk Alone" which referenced the fresh taste of a cold Carlsberg

Since when has Carlsberg ever tasted like anything less the bottled cats piss?

I don't know whats worse

Skol on, Skol on, with a Carlsberg in your hands, and you'll never drink alone, you'll never drink alone.

I don't know whats worse

Ahhhh but last year they removed the SGIO and just went GO - EAGLES - GO with the loud drums. It definitely sounded like it was missing something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little off topic, but still kind of relevant. So yesterday as we were walking to the ground I saw a guy wearing a navy wings guernsey, so what, big deal you say. Thing is, it was the 94 design:confused: So it was the eagle head and text, no white outline around the wings or Eagles head, had the oval SGIO patch exactly what the 94 home guernseys had. Plus I'm pretty sure it was a player issue?? It had the eagle head and text stitched on, not the felt crap, and I saw a glimpse of the back, just the top part, and there was a number there, didn't see if there was a sponsor on the back.

I have no idea what it was, possibly a prototype made up in 94 for the next season when we went to navy wings, but just on the 94 template?? Anyway just thought I'd share, as it was by the far the most interesting thing I saw at the game yesterday:(

Little off topic, but still kind of relevant. So yesterday as we were walking to the ground I saw a guy wearing a navy wings guernsey, so what, big deal you say. Thing is, it was the 94 design:confused: So it was the eagle head and text, no white outline around the wings or Eagles head, had the oval SGIO patch exactly what the 94 home guernseys had. Plus I'm pretty sure it was a player issue?? It had the eagle head and text stitched on, not the felt crap, and I saw a glimpse of the back, just the top part, and there was a number there, didn't see if there was a sponsor on the back.

I have no idea what it was, possibly a prototype made up in 94 for the next season when we went to navy wings, but just on the 94 template?? Anyway just thought I'd share, as it was by the far the most interesting thing I saw at the game yesterday:(
I've seen that guy, I think he's a regular. I saw him in the preseason game vs Freo.

Next time I see him, IF I see him again, I'm going to ask him about it, and maybe throw some money at him:D would have to be the only 1 of it's kind going around, I have never seen anything like it before.
Would be a real score if you could nab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back