Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I covered this a few pages back.

Stocks confirmed any interstate match is considered away as far as sponsors are concerned. So although technically we were the 'home' side - we were interstate and had to wear Royal to satisfy sponsor arrangement. Basically we have a "WA jumper" and "interstate jumper", not home and away.

Which is a good thing - would have been crap having tri-panel in the Grand Finals.

I believe we also have 2 clash tablecloths with the different sponsor arrangements to cator for playing Freo "away".

Not quite correct. We do have 2 white clash guernseys, but we wear the "away" clash guernsey against Freo, so that one has Bankwest front, SGIO back. The other is SGIO front, Bankwest back for home games, like when we wore it against the Tigers last year, and the Bombers in 2010.

So that right there goes against their so called, "wa" guernsey & "interstate" guernsey thing. Stocks did say that though, re: the grand finals, that we wore our away guernsey, because we were away from home.

If it ever happened, and we played Freo in GF, & they were the higher ranking side, we'd be in the clash, probably the same with the Dogs, & I guess the Lions too, in theory. Although finals have already proven that common sense and what normally occurs for home & away games doesn't apply.

Remember when you guys had the tri-panels with HJ's on the front? Was worn against North at Manuka, Bulldogs at Etihad etc

Yeah that was before the clash came in. Same went for wings at home with SGIO on the front. Once teams starting introducing clash guernseys, majority of the games we wore wings at home, we didn't need to anymore because the opposition had a clash guernsey (crows, tigers:drunk:, blues, pies)

Not quite correct. We do have 2 white clash guernseys, but we wear the "away" clash guernsey against Freo, so that one has Bankwest front, SGIO back. The other is SGIO front, Bankwest back for home games, like when we wore it against the Tigers last year, and the Bombers in 2010.

So that right there goes against their so called, "wa" guernsey & "interstate" guernsey thing. Stocks did say that though, re: the grand finals, that we wore our away guernsey, because we were away from home.

If it ever happened, and we played Freo in GF, & they were the higher ranking side, we'd be in the clash, probably the same with the Dogs, & I guess the Lions too, in theory. Although finals have already proven that common sense and what normally occurs for home & away games doesn't apply.

Fair enough.. wearing the alternate sponsors against Freo doesnt fit with what Stocks said.

I'd love to wear yellow peril v Freo in the Grand Final if we were the 'away side'. That scenario is a good reason to get rid of table cloth asap.

Port could change their jumper for a final to avoid wearing white with a weeks notice - if WCE had balls, they could get a yellow peril jumper designed, approved and printed within a week too - though I wouldnt hold my breathe. The Yellow indigenous jumper would be a better 'clash' option for a GF if it came to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL shouldnt be the controlling force of what we wear
Obviously they are required to approve choices, but they shouldn't be dictating what is worn each game
I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to push back though. I just doubt we ever had.

I read them, they weren't anything that out of the ordinary, I didn't think anyway.

I did find it interesting that he reckoned they have home wings made up, which I reckon is just not true. Otherwise we would have seen them at some stage. Since the introduction of the clash, we've never had alternate sponsor guernseys for either home or away. Even in pre season games when we've worn royal in WA, it's always been Bankwest front, SGIO back.

Good news comrades.

Another win to the BATHED IN YELLOW crowd of the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Western Conference Finals.

#inyellowwetrust
Imagine this x 44,000 Round 1 next year, even better x 60,000 Round 1, 2016

Golden-State-Warriors-Fans-AP-640x480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back