Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone just hear Gaffy on Game Day?

Rompingwins asked him about the peril jumper and his thoughts. Said he loved it and thinks we should wear it more often.
Also noticed the polo he was wearing was black (either that or a really, really dark shade of navy) and gold

Did anyone just hear Gaffy on Game Day?

Rompingwins asked him about the peril jumper and his thoughts. Said he loved it and thinks we should wear it more often.

Was just about to post this. It just goes to show that its not just us diehard returnthewings board members that want it back. The players love the retro look too, if that doesn't indicate to the club that we want the wings back at home more than ever and the return of the peril, nothing will. I don't think i've ever seen so much hype and want for a jumper return in the history of the AFL yet it's still taking its sweet ass time.

Should be Spread Our Wings or something equally obvious, even still it beats the hell out of The West is Ours or that weird Time to Hunt sign from today.
Really liked the Time to Hunt thing, very clear that's the message with the way we play too.

Also noticed the polo he was wearing was black (either that or a really, really dark shade of navy) and gold
It's navy

Agreed, just thought it was odd as a one off or in club thing, just hasn't heard it before.
Some FB user asked the club about it and said they wouldn't be disclosing why or what the idea was, just it was a ritual. Reminds of Friday Night Lights where they slapped the logo on the way out to play...

Blue with gold for day games

Peril for night games

Wear the opposite if there is a clash

I hate we don't get the wings at subi
But we need navy so that we can have merchandise that people can think is black and Richmonds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't get why we don't go the Bulldogs route. Have the navy for merch if the club want it so much, but have the royal jumper at home and peril away/clash. It isn't hard dammit!!
Hawthorn have ******* navy merchandise. It's so bloody obvious and just makes it so clear how little of a s**t the club still gives about the fans

Hawthorn have ******* navy merchandise. It's so bloody obvious and just makes it so clear how little of a s**t the club still gives about the fans
It's like Nisbett or someone in advertising is OCD and wants it all to match.

I couldn't give less of a * what colour the polo shirts are, just make our jumpers royal and gold you *s!

Some FB user asked the club about it and said they wouldn't be disclosing why or what the idea was, just it was a ritual. Reminds of Friday Night Lights where they slapped the logo on the way out to play...
Liverpool players touch the "This is Anfield" sign as they exit the dressing rooms at home games, been a tradition for years.

Just on the navy - I think I have mentioned this before

My son (7) begged me to buy him the tri-panel - purely because that was the jumper he saw them wear at home games.

Had we been wearing wings - he would have wanted wings. So this marketing stuff they sprout about tri-panel outselling the others is ridiculous. Perhaps a look at the stats from the Melb merch offices might tell a different story!

Aside from that - Freo have embraced purple of all colours. I'm sure our club can embrace the royal blue - ala Western Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back