Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would've been an amazing spectacle if we were in full royal today and the dogs in full red especially on a sunny day like today. Same appeal as us vs gold coast and sydney away.

Can you link me to where fans are making noise? Or is it just the RTW movement again?

Given the club's track record I'd think it would need pretty widespread outcry and it appears there are a heap of WCE fans that sadly just don't care.
I think we need everyone to get to Subi in our last game and instead of a Eagles chant do a We Want Wings chant.

Who here is good at social media? I can share like a mofo.

Seriously this is the way to get this done. * Nisbett and Stokes. We will die waiting for the Wings.

Not a bad idea by any stretch. Does anybody know anyone who could get this done/visible on TV? the cheer squad banners are usually pretty visible.

I remember going to a game at the GABBA when we were playing Brisbane and a lions fan had a 'GREAT GOAL' banner made up and the camera went to him nearly everytime the lions kicked a goal. I was sitting a few rows behind him which was around the forward flank/edge of the 50m arc. I reckon that would be a pretty good place to get noticed. The camera is usually always front on with the wing, especially at subi and you hardly see anyone with banner signs on mainwairing's wing..Good place to get noticed I reckon. Behind the goals, nearly everyone has a banner and is hard to stand out.

Have 4 people on each flank around the ground in the crowd with a massive return the wings sign and you'll get noticed ;)

Not a bad idea by any stretch. Does anybody know anyone who could get this done/visible on TV? the cheer squad banners are usually pretty visible.
Cover the Chris Mainwaring Wing sign with a #returnthe sign

If we want to get visibility on TV during the matches, we need to start a segment on Eagle Vision where they feature people in the crowd holding #returnthewings signs, pretty much exactly like how they used to do with that stupid 'W' sign on that old Western Front show.

If you watch any home game from a few years ago, in the background of any shot for goal, boundary throw-in (or basically any camera shot which contains any part of the boundary) you'll see hordes of sweaty people clambering over each other making 'W' signs in the hope that that flog Tim Gossage might somehow distinguish their unwashed fingers from the pack and feature them on the Western Front, thereby giving them a ticket to mega-stardom as 'that guy that was on the Western Front for 5 seconds'.

In fact, screw the segment, all we'd need to do is hand out #returnthewings signs at the ground before the game and just tell people they'll be on TV if they're spotted with one, then BAM instant marketing!

If we want to get visibility on TV during the matches, we need to start a segment on Eagle Vision where they feature people in the crowd holding #returnthewings signs, pretty much exactly like how they used to do with that stupid 'W' sign on that old Western Front show.

If you watch any home game from a few years ago, in the background of any shot for goal, boundary throw-in (or basically any camera shot which contains any part of the boundary) you'll see hordes of sweaty people clambering over each other making 'W' signs in the hope that that flog Tim Gossage might somehow distinguish their unwashed fingers from the pack and feature them on the Western Front, thereby giving them a ticket to mega-stardom as 'that guy that was on the Western Front for 5 seconds'.

In fact, screw the segment, all we'd need to do is hand out #returnthewings signs at the ground before the game and just tell people they'll be on TV if they're spotted with one, then BAM instant marketing!
Time for an "R" "T" "W" series of gestures ?:D

Time for an "R" "T" "W" series of gestures ?:D
tumblr_n9e743B97u1s5djgpo1_400.gif

Jump on West Coast Eagles for Life page some of the cheer squad people exist ther,e they may be willing..

Visiting the Eagles page for the first time to find out what happened to the Wings? Think I may have been living o/s when it occurred.
See you guys in the finals :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be nice to sew up top 2! ****, who thought we'd be saying this kind of s**t back in March?
Not me! Thought we dropped the soap in Round 1
Full Monty Royal wings ?(can we finally win??) or wings with white ?
Actually, probably the latter ...
Wings with white shorts(which personally I like the most, until the wings get bigger that is).

Wings with white shorts(which personally I like the most, until the wings get bigger that is).
I prefer full Monty royal but we have let it down this year :( (against North and GC) so am hoping for a better result in the white shorts (which still looks good ). Royal looks so dashing that even yellow shorts would look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back