Review Winners and Losers in the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep Kennedy 196 mccartin 194 rough 193. I though rough was taller. Should have done my research first. Time will tell if paddy can build his endurance but from what I've seen hes not overly quick. Should they have taken brayshaw or petracca. I think so.
Bontempelli 194.

What are everyone's thoughts on mccartin? I think he will be a good player. What interests me is the fact he isn't very tall as a key forward yet went number one in the draft. In 10 years when they recreate last years draft he won't feature in the revised top 10.

Given your ability to see into the future...care to tell us the next 10 years of lotto numbers or even the next 10 players selected at pick 1

That's true, I suppose you never can tell. He'd have to trim down in order to bulk up. I still don't see him as a number one target in the future. A second tall though yes. Bruce not overly tall either. Need a true full forward to try replace roo. Might have to go shopping for a Hawkins Kennedy roughy type.

Roo isn't a full forward. He's a mobile CHF with a big tank. Long leads high up and back

Bruce is best placed to replace roo given his tank

Paddy is more a g train replacement, a role kozi played. But we still need a resting ruck/fwd

Roo isn't a full forward. He's a mobile CHF with a big tank. Long leads high up and back

Bruce is best placed to replace roo given his tank

Paddy is more a g train replacement, a role kozi played. But we still need a resting ruck/fwd
Just an opinion and prediction and the first year talent we've seen I recon it was more a mid draft. It seems like as mentioned by someone else it will take 3-5 years for him to make a real impact by then plow usually does revisit the draft and by then yeh I don't think he will be in the top 10. Hope he proves me wrong. Would love for him to be saints version of Hogan. Let's hope he's better than kozi...

Just an opinion and prediction and the first year talent we've seen I recon it was more a mid draft. It seems like as mentioned by someone else it will take 3-5 years for him to make a real impact by then plow usually does revisit the draft and by then yeh I don't think he will be in the top 10. Hope he proves me wrong. Would love for him to be saints version of Hogan. Let's hope he's better than kozi...

kozi was amazing until injuries took hold. people often forget about that

Let me get this straight. You're saying it was a bad pick because in a few years someone might not have him on their top 10 list for this draft????

Hogans been in the system nearly 3 years McCartin a few months off 1 year. Give it time.

Play the ball, not the man.

I watch all of WCE games as i'm sure you don't. Duggan has very much been a cameo player. I like what i've seen but he is getting talked up on the media shows as one of the best performing draftees. Just pure overhyping now that his name is known and the others aren't.

When talking about young players talk the man and not the ball.

Duggan is ticking a hell of a lot of boxes, his class with ball in hand and brilliance inside and out isn't objectively speaking questionable. His capacity to influence contests physically for four quarters is a separate discussion that can't be had yet. But in terms of his ball use and his capacity to positively contribute with even limited touches means he's got a very good base, he already offers more than Hutchings, Rosa, McGinnity and a few other mugs we've got rotating through there in his absence.

If anybody's wondering how Geelong did I'll just leave this here.

Saturday night was a bit s**t for Geelong fans but seeing a couple of kids produce that at a crunch moment with the season on the line was pretty special. Cockatoo's miles off afl fitness after missing a year or so with foot trouble but he's got some very special talents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When talking about young players talk the man and not the ball.

Duggan is ticking a hell of a lot of boxes, his class with ball in hand and brilliance inside and out isn't objectively speaking questionable. His capacity to influence contests physically for four quarters is a separate discussion that can't be had yet. But in terms of his ball use and his capacity to positively contribute with even limited touches means he's got a very good base, he already offers more than Hutchings, Rosa, McGinnity and a few other mugs we've got rotating through there in his absence.
Add to that the fact that he is the youngest of the draft and your argument is 100% right

Reckon the Gold Coast with wright miller saad and Garlett may end up a pretty good bounty

Yep Kennedy 196 mccartin 194 rough 193. I though rough was taller. Should have done my research first. Time will tell if paddy can build his endurance but from what I've seen hes not overly quick. Should they have taken brayshaw or petracca. I think so.
Think you'll find while Paddy didn't test at the Combine, his testing times as a 17 year would would have had him placed in the top third at the Combine and his 20m sprint and agility at the start of the year were better than Petracca's at the Combine.

Either way, making statements about 1st year key forwards is just dumb. I'm sure a lot of people are now taking back what they said about Hawkins.

Think you'll find while Paddy didn't test at the Combine, his testing times as a 17 year would would have had him placed in the top third at the Combine and his 20m sprint and agility at the start of the year were better than Petracca's at the Combine.

Either way, making statements about 1st year key forwards is just dumb. I'm sure a lot of people are now taking back what they said about Hawkins.
That's true. You may be right but opinions are what fuel BF. I think he can be something special. I haven't spoken to harshly but stand strong on brayshaw, only because we've seen what he can do, I rated him pick 1 prior to the draft, either way itl either work out or it won't.

Collingwood.

DeGoey
Moore
Maynard.

BOOOOOOOOOMM

Got to be right up there. We'll have to see how all these kids from St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS and to a lesser extent, Essendon project. In the trade period we also got Varcoe, Greenwood and Crisp. We also had cap space freed so we can make a play at guys like Treloar and Aish.

Collingwood.

DeGoey
Moore
Maynard.

BOOOOOOOOOMM

Got to be right up there. We'll have to see how all these kids from St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS and to a lesser extent, Essendon project. In the trade period we also got Varcoe, Greenwood and Crisp. We also had cap space freed so we can make a play at guys like Treloar and Aish.
Nice additions, if all comes to fruition.

Not trying to be biased, but this batch has to be up there, as far as 2014 is concerned.

McCartin
Goddard
McKenzie
Lonie
Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back