Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I'm talking about what he wrote about St Kilda. He didn't say the phrase "attacking or defensive" in his comment for Carlton, he did for St Kilda. I have no idea why you'd think I was talking about the Blues. Not to mention I said the words "we" and talked about a midfielder with pace and class that we needed (Gresham). Surely you have to be trolling.

How am I trolling? My mistake, should have read the comment better

except he's also been beaten by wheeler and boland at subi

he played on yarran because it was the only logical match up for him. he cant take the talls
Ive never heard of the kid but based on your level of hate against him I want him to win a Brownlow. Did he mess with your sister??

1. Brisbane Lions - A key forward, a gun midfielder who is happy to be there, a couple of key defenders and an absolute steal.
2. Essendon - Terrific two boys at the start, a key forward, a key defender and a couple of mature age players to impact.
3. Carlton - Great selections but don't think two key forwards in the first round was wise in one year. McKay will be really good.
4. North Melbourne - Covered all that needed to be, selecting some really high rated guys.
5. GWS - Incredible midfield talent, and Himmelberg will replace the likely departure of McCarthy.
6. West Coast - Some great talent and selected all they needed to. Good on them.
7. Hawthorn - A couple of surprises and no defenders early, but some really solid talent. Burton is the package.
8. Melbourne - Tough inside midfielder and gun forward, and a couple of other guys who could knock on the first team door next year.
9. Western Bulldogs - Collins is a steal, and Dunkley is a good add to a gun midfield.
10. Port Adelaide - Just two picks but both sliders and should play next year.
11. Sydney Swans - Callum Mills
12. Fremantle - Secured two really good sliders, who should succeed, but no forward selections.
13. Gold Coast - Bit of a wtf draft for them but talent nonetheless.
14. Adelaide - A gun and a strange one but were the only two selections for the night. Doedee was probably unnecessary with guys like Burton and Balic available
15. Richmond - A Rioli and a steal. Markov is a good selection, but the Tiges didn't go very deep last night.
16. St Kilda - Probably needed to go attacking or defensive with their first pick, but Gresham is still a great pull should he play. White and Rice decent pulls.
17. Collingwood - Interesting selection with Sier, who probably would've still been there at Pick 58, but ok. Ben Crocker is a decent steal though.
18. Geelong - Some selections but ones that you would hardly think would impact the side.

Explain who you would have selected instead of McKay and Curnow then?

Ive never heard of the kid but based on your level of hate against him I want him to win a Brownlow. Did he mess with your sister??

hate? hardly, i'm just telling you what he is like as a player...

but hey if you think me telling you what type of a player he is, is hate then :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mate I'm talking about what he wrote about St Kilda. He didn't say the phrase "attacking or defensive" in his comment for Carlton, he did for St Kilda. I have no idea why you'd think I was talking about the Blues. Not to mention I said the words "we" and talked about a midfielder with pace and class that we needed (Gresham). Surely you have to be trolling.

He read the quote in your post and then quoted you instead of the poster you quoted. The poster you responded to suggested Carlton shouldn't have taken two key forwards in the first round.

Explain who you would have selected instead of McKay and Curnow then?

Wayne Milera. Classy midfielder with an attacking mind, a player that Carlton lacks. Curnow or McKay or both would have still been available at Carlton's next pick. But I see why Carlton now got the two key forwards. They're looking to start fresh, and I see that as a reason why they were listening to offers for Casboult in trade week. Your selections are fine, and your future is looking alright.

Wayne Milera. Classy midfielder with an attacking mind, a player that Carlton lacks. Curnow or McKay or both would have still been available at Carlton's next pick. But I see why Carlton now got the two key forwards. They're looking to start fresh, and I see that as a reason why they were listening to offers for Casboult in trade week. Your selections are fine, and your future is looking alright.

I'd prefer Harry McKay over Charlie Curnow but Adelaide would have taken McKay over Milera

Blues have setup their forwards in this draft for next 10 years with McKay Curnow and Jack Silvagni. Next year focus is mids for sure. But traded few in and also still have PSD

Attacking or defensive? Are you having a laugh? We are in desperate need of a midfielder, particularly one with pace and class. We got one.

Slight correction we got 3
Gresham
White
Sinclair yes the forgotten gun off the rookie list

Very happy

If you're happy with a small forward in the first round then great pick. There was better talent there though whick you can't deny.

I myself wouldn't be happy spending a pick that high on a small forward no matter how big the need. The games best forward pocket went in the PSD!
Who knows?
Who are people to say that the blues should have picked up with pick 19 one of the more 'highly rated' players in Collins, Dunkley or Tucker that went the 3 picks after Cunningham. Could Collins have been a better option as a 10 year tall defender partner to Weitering?
Would picking Dunkley have given Cripps that big bodied partnership in the midfield? Maybe having Tucker streaming off the half back flank would have given you a ten year player to replace Yarran.

Time will tell. Hopefully Cunningham works out for you guys.

Completely unrelated to the topic but I get the feeling Curnow and Matheison failed the 'mitch thope' test..
hence why the possibly slid a bit..

Who knows?
Who are people to say that the blues should have picked up with pick 19 one of the more 'highly rated' players in Collins, Dunkley or Tucker that went the 3 picks after Cunningham. Could Collins have been a better option as a 10 year tall defender partner to Weitering?
Would picking Dunkley have given Cripps that big bodied partnership in the midfield? Maybe having Tucker streaming off the half back flank would have given you a ten year player to replace Yarran.

Time will tell. Hopefully Cunningham works out for you guys.

Collins slipped past Hawks who need find long term replacement for Lake and Gibson who might another season in him. Keep in mind Swans didn't much bid for Dunkley

So Clubs might have reservations. But from footage Collins looks like a gorilla. Not even 18 yet, classic case of Man-child syndrome and if turns out great would been good decision to have traded 11 and get 2 early 2nd rd picks. Dunkley could also turn out good but i think maybe Swans rated other players more highly specially with new points system

Collins slipped past Hawks who need find long term replacement for Lake and Gibson who might another season in him. Keep in mind Swans didn't much bid for Dunkley

So Clubs might have reservations. But from footage Collins looks like a gorilla. Not even 18 yet, classic case of Man-child syndrome and if turns out great would been good decision to have traded 11 and get 2 early 2nd rd picks. Dunkley could also turn out good but Swans not confident on him
Valid point. All picks for all clubs have shown enough to be drafted.

This draft showed that players went at different spots to where the so called media experts rated them.

Amazing those potting clubs in this thread for stating a player was picked too high.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out in a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Clubs might have reservations. But from footage Collins looks like a gorilla. Not even 18 yet, classic case of Man-child syndrome and if turns out great would been good decision to have traded 11 and get 2 early 2nd rd picks. Dunkley could also turn out good but Swans not confident on him

On SEN Radio during the draft they said Dunkley nominated late with the swans to cover going to other interstate teams. ie... He had an agreement with the swans that they only match a bid if a interstate club bid on him. If a Vic club bid on him they dont match

Valid point. All picks for all clubs have shown enough to be drafted.

This draft showed that players went at different spots to where the so called media experts rated them.

Amazing those potting clubs in this thread for stating a player was picked too high.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out in a couple of years.

Will be very good to see how these players develop over the next few years. Would love all 3 players involved in the trade to turn out to be superstars. Curnow Collins and Dunkley

I might be just as happy possibly with
Collins and Dunkley at Blues instead of Curnow. Collin being Weiterings partner in crime at Stingrays and Vic Country having a dominant backline in next few years. Dunkley as you mentioned to back Cripps up in center square.

Bulldogs might be just as happy with Charlie alongside Stringer and Tom Boyd. But can see why benefits Dogs more so now as Backline seems small and Collins more of a needs player for them right now

On SEN Radio during the draft they said Dunkley nominated late with the swans to cover going to other interstate teams. ie... He had an agreement with the swans that they only match a bid if a interstate club bid on him. If a Vic club bid on him they dont match

Ok. Didn't know that. I still rate Dunkley and said to myself yesterday would be happier at Dogs anyway being a Melbourne boy

Completely unrelated to the topic but I get the feeling Curnow and Matheison failed the 'mitch thope' test..
hence why the possibly slid a bit..

Mathieson slid because he got a pathetic beep test result. 10.something, I think I can beat that honestly. Recruiters had to question that result as AFL level is more intense than TAC Cup

Curnow slid because of his arrest few day before the draft

Did Thorpe have crap combine results and get arrested at same time?

Would love all 3 players involved in the trade to turn out to be superstars. Curnow Collins and Dunkley

I might be just as happy possibly with Collins and Dunkley at Blues instead of Curnow.
Yep, thought perhaps the blues were going to pull the trigger at 19 to pick up Collins to go with Curnow, Mackay and Weitering.

Yep, thought perhaps the blues were going to pull the trigger at 19 to pick up Collins to go with Curnow, Mackay and Weitering.

Too many talls. Keep in mind Jaksch traded in last year and still have Rowe as FB and Jamo. Need speed and David Cunningham from reports accommodates that

Too many talls. Keep in mind Jaksch traded in last year and still have Rowe as FB and Jamo. Need speed and David Cunningham from reports accommodates that
Fair enough. Thought Rowe and Jamison were close to 30 and as such not part of longer term planning.

Time will tell on the Collins pick.

Fair enough. Thought Rowe and Jamison were close to 30 and as such not part of longer term planning.

Time will tell on the Collins pick.

I think Sos is balancing out positions. Maybe he eyes a good key tall in our range in next years draft. Hard to know how recruiters think

Rowe and Jamo I think can last another 2 seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back