Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Im very happy to bet Collins will be a draft bust. He may well become a serviceable player, may even end up being best 22 - but there WILL be far greater talents taken below him.

The Collins mould defender just doesnt exist at AFL level anymore. The best defenders are mobile and fluid. Plus he's also a man child who's success at U18 level can be attributed, at least in part to being physically dominant. That wont transfer to AFL.

Ahhh...the old "man child" line. Haven't heard that one since Jake Stringer was drafted. How did that turn out?

Interesting opinion expressed by Sanderson on Collins.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-...-immediate-impact-at-afl-level-sanderson-says

Im very happy to bet Collins will be a draft bust. He may well become a serviceable player, may even end up being best 22 - but there WILL be far greater talents taken below him.

The Collins mould defender just doesnt exist at AFL level anymore. The best defenders are mobile and fluid. Plus he's also a man child who's success at U18 level can be attributed, at least in part to being physically dominant. That wont transfer to AFL.

Yeah I reckon he will do quite well as a lock down FB. Worked well with Weitering and think they could have been a very good combo at AFL level, Both are 'man childs' but think their skill sets will help them transition to combat AFL forwards in time.

Seems the blues were after an outside mid with pick 19 for the second year in a row and prioritised as such. Hope it works out for them this time.

Are Tiger fans actually happy with their clubs drafting this year?
Seemed to address some things at the trade table though

Are Tiger fans actually happy with their clubs drafting this year?
Seemed to address some things at the trade table though
Happy with Rioli at 15. He fills a desperate need. The other two picks who knows? But they were late picks in a shallow draft. I don't expect they will become anything. Rioli should be a player, Mabor Chol should become a cult hero at VFL level, apart from that, I don't expect much from the draft.

I have no doubt Jake Carlisle would have left via delisted FA after the CAS convictions and time served.

It was a small win to get good compensation for him. Silver linings and all.

Still think he'll be a great player for the saints.

I have no doubt Jake Carlisle would have left via delisted FA after the CAS convictions and time served.

It was a small win to get good compensation for him. Silver linings and all.

Still think he'll be a great player for the saints.
good post and good DP :D most awkward interview/pump up/introduction/whatever thing ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

truly one of the stranger things ever to be seen on a footy broadcast. I had to ask the people around me if it actually had happened.
Kirk requested the intro, he can blame the script all he likes

By the end of 2016 Billings will be known as the best kid 21 and under.
Jaws about to drop.

McCartn will kick 30+ goals at least in 2016.
Goddard will play 20 games and you will see how good he is and how tough he is. He already showed these things in first year have a look.

As for Lonie?? You will see a kid do things to a football you didnt think were humanly possible. He will kick goals that will make you stop and question everything about your life.

Bookmark this.

This post is awesome!!! thank you for the laughs, please continue to post more, great stuff

First post. I think Pies will be a loser in its draft choices. History shows its hit and miss down low. Although we have had some hits recently with Langdon and Marsh both making our best 22. Sier looked super impressive in the short video of his single TAC match.
Our work was done before the draft. We traded away many picks to land Treloar, Aish and Howe. Treloar is proven, Aish yet to show if he will be a long term AFL player and Howe - Vanilla. Hope he proves me wrong

Wow... WTF!!! Lol
He must be hitting the shrooms pretty hard after retirement...

Sydney are churning out truly crap commentators. Does anyone even practice with these poor muppets before sticking them in front of a camera? The awkwardness of Jude Boltons terrified grin and inability to engage in any natural banter just makes me hide my head behind the couch... Why 7 why?

Because the alternative is Jason "I've never played the game at any level and I'm a tool" Bennett....

Plus he's also a man child who's success at U18 level can be attributed, at least in part to being physically dominant. That wont transfer to AFL.
20130920-tom-hawkins-afl-media-628.jpg

Are you at all concerned that "man child" stood the opposition's best forwards for the stingrays and vic country while a certain other highly rated "key defender" was given the luxury of zoning off?

Are you at all concerned that "man child" stood the opposition's best forwards for the stingrays and vic country while a certain other highly rated "key defender" was given the luxury of zoning off?
Luxury? Haha no not at all. Weitering is a complete footballer with an amazing work ethic, excellent skills all across the board and excellent in the air.

AFL teams dont play like U18 teams. There isnt a big lump resting on a big dominant forward. There's multiple players zoning in and out. Weitering was lucky Collins let him experience that for the last year whilst Collins was gettint used to a dying art.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back