Witts go clunkity clunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Witts improving his contested marking is a great thing, as think even as early as 2015 that he could be a great option as the deep target down forward, which would allow Cloke to play more as a CHF, which IMO is where he plays his best footy as he can use his tank more.

Witts being a deep target, Cloke at CHF, Elliott as a small who can mark and then PattyK or White as More mobile tall up forward looks good, and that would enable Reid to go behind the ball in more of a Maxwell type role.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very happy with his game the other night, that is how he was playing at the start of the year in the VFL really happy he has now shown that at AFL level

The Witts V Grundy thing is getting a bit tiring. Cant we just be thrilled at what we have? How many of us expected Witts to have the year he's just had? Let's celebrate that. Footy throws up all sorts of surprises.

Go Wittsy, you really stood up in season 2014, and are an extremely exciting prospect.

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was on the Witts train before it was cool. Been saying for 2 years now that he was going to be something special.
Been saying for nearly 2 years now that he and Grundy would eventually be the best ruck duo in the league by a long way.
You chumps are all just catching up now :cool:
I have also been aboard said train since day one! Let's go big Wittsy!

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm a little confused with some posters expectations of a 21 year old ruckman, in basically his 2nd season. I certainly wouldn't have expected him to beat a 30 year old veteran, who is also a very competent AFL ruckman, in Hale. Who'd have thought Witts would tire allowing Hale to drift forward for marks inside 50? :drunk:Hale does this well against most rucks let alone a 21 year old.

Witts marking has come along very nicely. Our ruck development has certainly improved over the part 2 years, compared to what it was the previous 10+ years.:oops:
Agreed on ruck development. Hopefully Huddo sticks around, whatever he is doing (I am pretty sure he just ragdolls the two of them at every contest during training) is working

JimBob10

Debutant
Oct 7, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Witts vs Grundy

Attachments

• Oldelpaso.jpg
    Oldelpaso.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 5

Grodie Brundy

Debutant
Dec 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wittsy go clunk like a ruck ruck ruck
Mitts like what what what
Got yelled at by Buck-Buck-Bucks
Uh
I think to sing it again
He go clunk like a ruck ruck ruck
Mitts like what what what
All night long
Let Wittsy clunk it strong

***With apologies to Sisqo***

Witts 2014 >>> Grundy 2014

Grundy was not that Bad.;

I think some people are just quick to just about right off Grundy just because he did not live up to the few games he played last year:rolleyes:

Nobody is righting off Grundy, nobody is even saying he had a bad year

Well I think people are Overrating Witts as his end of the season has been good. Since Bucks Rocket he been good. Before that he was Ordinary

Well I think people are Overrating Witts as his end of the season has been good. Since Bucks Rocket he been good. Before that he was Ordinary

You have pointed out on a number of occasions that the side is better with BOTH Witts and Grundy. In 2015 and seasons beyond we will be seeing a lot more of that. Just be happy we finally have a great up and coming ruck combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody is overrating Witts and nobody is underrating Grundy Dave.
The fact is that Witts has undoubtedly had a better 2014 than Grundy. You can't argue with that.
As for who has the higher ceiling, that is up for debate.
Whilst Grundy has proven to be a more physical presence earlier than Witts, they have both come from non-footballing backgrounds, and developed at an alarmingly fast rate for ruckmen.
Rather than arguing over which one will be better (which frankly is impossible to tell at the moment), we should simply be thankful that we have them both on our list and look forward to them dominating the ruck in the future. :rainbow:

Love this thread. Ever since he dominated that VFL game against the Northern Blues in the mud, I have been confident that Witts will not only make it at AFL level, but that he will be a seriously good Ruck/FF.
Funny, that was when I thought so too, especially when he kicked the goal. Has got a good temperament too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back