Wizard17's Virgin Phantom

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Okay I've been watching these Phantoms and keeping up with the TAC Cup for a couple of years now so I thought that doing my first Phantom could be a little bit of fun.

Round One
Pos
Pick 1 - St Kilda - Christian Petracca -186cm 92kg Mid/Fwd from the Eastern Ranges

Possible Peak: Petracca is likely to become an A grade midfielder who can kick goals resting forward.

Pick 2 - Melbourne - Angus Brayshaw - 187cm 86kg Mid from the Sandringham Dragons

Possible Peak: Brayshaw is likely to be an A- sort of midfielder, he is a good leader and could also come to be a captain of his drafted club.

Pick 3 - Melbourne - Peter Wright - 203cm 102kg KPF/Ruck from the Calder Cannons

Possible Peak: Wright could theoretically reach a similar peak to Swans forward Kurt Tippett

Pick 4 - GWS - Patrick McCartin - 193cm 95kg KPF from the Geelong Falcons

Possible Peak -
McCartin's peak is likely to be A grade but he has some problems that could see him not achieve this at the least he becomes a B grade KPF

Pick 5 - Collingwood - Jayden Laverde - 189cm 82kg Mid from the Western Jets

Possible Peak: Jayden's peak is hard to read he could become an A grader and he could stagnate and become a C+. Tall outside types are difficult to read.

Pick 6 - GWS - Jake Lever - 194cm 86kg Def from the Calder Cannons

Possible Peak: Could be an A grader, could be an injury prone KPP that gets delisted after a few years because of his knee injury re-occuring. He could be the best player to come out of this draft and GWS's next Captain. who knows? only time will tell.

Pick 7- GWS - Lachlan Weller - 181cm 71kg Mid from Queensland

Possible Peak: Weller's style is one that could easily see him become an A grade mid he has all the skills to get there all that he needs to do is develop his inside game and learn to use his speed more could become a B grader if he doesn't

Pick 8- Gold Coast - Paul Ahern - 181cm 77kg mid/fwd from the Calder Cannons

Possible Peak: Ahern could be an B grade mid or and A- depending on how he is developed

Pick 9 - Collingwood - Darcy Moore - 199cm 93kg KPP from the Oakleigh Chargers

Possible Peak: Moore is looking likely to be an A Grade KPP all that is yet to be seen is whether he'll be a forward or a defender when he pulls on the black and white.

Pick 10 - Geelong - Jarrod Pickett - 180cm 68kg fwd/mid from Western Australia

Possible Peak: Could be an A grader. It all depends on whether or not he works hard to resolve some consistency issues in his game.

Pick 11 - West Coast Eagles - Nakia Cockatoo - 188cm 84kg mid from the Northern Territory

Possible Peak: Very little can be said about Cockatoo and most of the judging is coming off very few games. Could be an A grader or could be a one shot wonder time will tell as all.

Pick 12 - Richmond - Kyle Langford - 190cm 73kg Utility from the Northern Knights

Possible Peak:
Could be anything from an A grader to a C grader.

Pick 13 - Fremantle - Sam Durdin - 197cm 87kg KPP from Adelaide

Possible Peak: Could be anything from a A grade to a C grade depending on how he is developed as a player.

Pick 14 - Adelaide - Hugh Goddard - 196cm 93kg KPD from the Geelong Falcons

Possible Peak:
again it is hard to decide where the peak is going to be for Goddard he could be anything but he looks like a ready made B grader to me.

Pick 15 - Gold Coast - Caleb Marchbank - 193cm 85kg KPD from the Murray Bushrangers

Possible Peak:
Should make the grade and at least be a B grader but is a possibility to not come on with a past of injuries.

Pick 16 - North Melbourne - Jordan De Goey - 187cm 82kg Fwd/Mid from the Oakleigh Chargers

Possible Peak:
Should be a B grader

Pick 17 - Essendon - Tom Lamb - 193cm 84cm Utility from the Sam Kekovich society
(Dandenong Stingrays)

Possible Peak: B grade could be an A grader if he works on a few problems that he has with his game

Pick 18 - Sydney - Isaac Heeney - 186cm 86kg mid from Sydney

Possible peak: A grade no doubts in my mind

Pick 19 - Carlton - Liam Duggan - 183cm 76kg mid from the Western Jets

Possible peak: B grade could become A grade in the right system

Pick 20 - Essendon - Corey Ellis 185cm 76kg mid from the Western Jets

Possible Peak: B grade but has to overcome some consistency issues

It all comes to ceiling with Langford. If he fixes some of the things in his game, most notably his kicking he could have a ceiling greater than all of those players. The rewards would be huge. I'd expect for that reason that someone would take risk before pick 15 with him in this case it is Richmond, others could even take the risk earlier than in this case. It would be very much a risk vs reward scenario that could either give you a very tall outside midfielder who kicks goals and have terrific marking ability and speed that are as rare as hens teeth or at worse a fairly competent third tall up forward.
Very confident we'd take Duggan, De Goey and even Ellis ahead of Langford.

Most of the "Possible peaks" are a sort of highest ceiling sort of thing. I don't like comparing players so I talk about the highest ceiling that I can see them achieving but if there a bit of doubt on where that ceiling is I'll generally mention something about it. Some of these I'll expand on later when I do the other rounds of the draft.

Most of the "Possible peaks" are a sort of highest ceiling sort of thing. I don't like comparing players so I talk about the highest ceiling that I can see them achieving but if there a bit of doubt on where that ceiling is I'll generally mention something about it. Somw of these I'll expand on later when I do the other rounds of the draft.

theoretically speaking of course...

This phantom draft shows no knowledge of players and no a lysis of why each player was picked in each position. Pass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The abc rating system is so annoying I couldn't even finish reading it.
It's honestly just crap because I dont think you know anything about the players so they are given a rating that tells us nothing.
Any player drafted could be a star or an absolute *.

It's honestly just crap because I dont think you know anything about the players so they are given a rating that tells us nothing.
Any player drafted could be a star or an absolute ******.
Rating: A-C

Any player drafted could be a star or an absolute ******.
Dude, it's an online footy forum. It's just a bit of fun. Someone puts in some thought and effort into a post and you slay them like that? Get some perspective big guy. Live and let live. Sheesh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back