Women in football

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see a lady with a good voice do some calling on the radio for a while and then move to TV. That lady who gave it a shot on C10 didn't have a very easy to listen to voice.

I'd like to see a lady with a good voice do some calling on the radio for a while and then move to TV. That lady who gave it a shot on C10 didn't have a very easy to listen to voice.

Not to mention she constantly got players names wrong and would call the play 10 seconds after it happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You compare Walls and Lane to the tripe served up by Channel Seven these days and tell me Ten didn't have the best TV football package this century.

That's like comparing having diarrhea to being constipated. In the end the product was still the same.

There is maybe 3-5 commentators across both channels that are decent at their job. The rest are terrible.

Women need to be given a chance to cut their teeth. Radio/Boundary riders/Match day hosts would be a good place to start. Get them known to the footballing public rather than just thrusting them into the commentary box cold-turkey.

Too many ******* ex-players that can barely string a coherent sentence together getting those types of jobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back