News Women in Gaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, probably moreso refers to the fact that you love playing video games but aren't necessarily that into the culture.

Or you're one of those people that actively avoids the news :p

So because I don't know anything about the likes of gamergate im not a gamer?

You're still a gamer, I probably need to think of a better word for it. Basically there is no way known for me to have avoided hearing about Gamergate, such are the circles I am involved with. Half of my twitter feed is gaming related.
Maybe gamer and hardcore gamer are more apt.

I'm a gamer who prefers to spend his time playing games than reading or talking about crap. I'm not a gossiper.
See above. Mate I have zero interest in gamergate myself, you're totally right it's a bunch of bullshit. Just saying how it's kind of hard to avoid when you read a lot of gaming media and the like.

I would consider myself a hardcore gamer. It's all I do. I spend all day on gaming sites but just chose not to read about the thing. I don't think knowing about gaming stories determines how much of a gamer you are.

I don't see why knowing about that time a bunch of people on the internet went to war with feminists, women game developers and video game journalist websites is needed to be considered a hardcore gamer.

Far out I'm not attacking anyone here, relax. Call it whatever you like.

I would consider myself a hardcore gamer. It's all I do. I spend all day on gaming sites but just chose not to read about the thing. I don't think knowing about gaming stories determines how much of a gamer you are.

Choosing to actively avoid it is fair enough, I've done the same as much as possible. I didn't mean knowing the intricate details of the saga, just simply knowing of it's existence.

Again, probably moreso refers to the fact that you love playing video games but aren't necessarily that into the culture.

Or you're one of those people that actively avoids the news :p

being into the culture doesn't mean you have to absorb some media beat-up about socially *ed nerds on 4chan or whatever it was. losers that took their anger out on women on the dumbest place we have on the net - 4chan - and it was blown up into a "story"? is that it? that seems like being into gossip more than a fan of gaming.

I know a bit about gamergate as per mickelboy182 explanation and i.e from seeing it in my twitter feed. However it's a load of ******* s**t and people need to get on with playing video games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely forgot about it until the bump. I'll forget it again when this gets to its rightful place of five pages back.

Catching up on my watched threads, been a tad busy of late :)

Men who heap s**t on women in online games are more likely to be bad at the game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-are-quite-literally-losers-new-study-finds/

imrs.php

In each of these environments, Kasumovic suggests, a recent influx of female participants has disrupted a pre-existing social hierarchy. That’s okay for the guys at the top — but for the guys at the bottom, who stand to lose more status, that’s very threatening. (It’s also in keeping with the evolutionary framework on anti-lady hostility, which suggests sexism is a kind of Neanderthal defense mechanism for low-status, non-dominant men trying to maintain a shaky grip on their particular cave’s supply of women.)​

Men who heap s**t on women in online games are more likely to be bad at the game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-are-quite-literally-losers-new-study-finds/

imrs.php

In each of these environments, Kasumovic suggests, a recent influx of female participants has disrupted a pre-existing social hierarchy. That’s okay for the guys at the top — but for the guys at the bottom, who stand to lose more status, that’s very threatening. (It’s also in keeping with the evolutionary framework on anti-lady hostility, which suggests sexism is a kind of Neanderthal defense mechanism for low-status, non-dominant men trying to maintain a shaky grip on their particular cave’s supply of women.)​

Yeah righto m8, you're done.

Is this thread only about gamergate?

No.

Is this thread about women in gaming?

Yes.

Is the article I linked about women in gaming?

Yes.

I won the war.

Is this thread only about gamergate?

No.

Is this thread about women in gaming?

Yes.

Is the article I linked about women in gaming?

Yes.

I won the war.

Not sure how you won anything. Main stream media is biased towards feminists af.

Okay ...

I don't do that sort of thing. Mostly because my contact with women is severely limited to work.

Still wouldn't be slagging them, outside of competitive and friendly banter.
You must be a good player.

What have you got against equality for females?
I have nothing against equality for all human kind.

3rd wave feminism (where feminism currently is at) is nothing about equality for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back