Womens' Big Bash League 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't realise the Stars/Renegades were playing again this afternoon in Melb. They could have publicized that better.

It's the Renegades v Thunder actually, also on the telly. Yeah, not much publicity especially given the amount of advertising they have been doing for the men's game which looks like it'll be a sellout anyway.

It's the Renegades v Thunder actually, also on the telly. Yeah, not much publicity especially given the amount of advertising they have been doing for the men's game which looks like it'll be a sellout anyway.

Last weekend at the Derby, the women's sides played in the curtain raiser and backed up again the next day for the rematch. I wasn't referring to today's Renegades v Thunder match.

Seems odd that the WBBL plays way more games than the men do. (teams have played between 8 and 13 games so far)

Don't mind some of these drives from the Renegades openers.
They're playing beautifully! Hard to believe they haven't had much success with these openers, the rest of the lineup must be pretty ordinary.

Last weekend at the Derby, the women's sides played in the curtain raiser and backed up again the next day for the rematch. I wasn't referring to today's Renegades v Thunder match.

Seems odd that the WBBL plays way more games than the men do. (teams have played between 8 and 13 games so far)

Oops, just checked the thread today because I was going to watch and saw your post and didn't realise when you made it :oops:

Not really having a go as obviously it will improve over time but it seems that quite a few bats(wo)men struggle to pick up lengths. So many stumpings and turning length deliveries into yorkers due to misjudging the length of the ball.

Anyone watch the game on just now? Probably one of the better ones I've seen in terms of standard, definitely the highest scoring (haven't seen them all though). Thought Mitch Starc was quite good in the commentary box too although it was a bit annoying the way they were always asking him about Alyssa Healy (yep, they're an item, we get it :rolleyes: ).

Anyone watch the game on just now? Probably one of the better ones I've seen in terms of standard, definitely the highest scoring (haven't seen them all though). Thought Mitch Starc was quite good in the commentary box too although it was a bit annoying the way they were always asking him about Alyssa Healy (yep, they're an item, we get it :rolleyes: ).

The skills displayed were very good. I think Ellyse Perry (Sixers) is taking on too much. Opening the batting, bowling & captain. Should have batted down the order. Nicola Carey (Thunder) looks like a find with her intelligent batting & her bowling was consistent without being threatening. Your right. A little less of the Starc/Healy household habits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The skills displayed were very good. I think Ellyse Perry (Sixers) is taking on too much. Opening the batting, bowling & captain. Should have batted down the order. Nicola Carey (Thunder) looks like a find with her intelligent batting & her bowling was consistent without being threatening. Your right. A little less of the Starc/Healy household habits.

This was the first WBBL match I had the chance to watch that involved Perry and was disappointed when she got out cheaply. Good team effort though.

How has the ex-tennis player (name escapes me) going for the Heat?

I saw a couple of innings from her earlier in the competition where she played well, but haven't caught any Heat matches since.

Thunder scored 118/6 after 20 overs. A lot of effort into the shots but they seemed to find the fielders consistently with only 8 fours hit. Is this the norm? They did say the pitch seemed slow. Run a ball will get the Scorchers home.

I'm in love and it's Nicola Carey.

I take it if today's game does not go ahead, do the Hurricanes go through to the final on a superior net run rate even though both have a 8-6 record?

Would they also cancel the game if there was a chance the pitch is damaged & thus affect the men's game later? Ellyse Perry leaving her arse print on the pitch.

The match between the Hobart Hurricanes and the Sydney Sixers was due to begin at 2.40pm AEDT, but further assessments will take place.

The game can begin as late as 4.31pm, with five overs per side needed for a result. Should the game be washed out, the Hobart Hurricanes will advance to Sunday's final due to their higher finish on the WBBL|01 ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back