Womens League is needed ASAP

Remove this Banner Ad

People would watch but the names of the team shouldn't Vic metro and Vic Country, Adelaide Angels, Melbourne Madams, Ballarat Belles has a nice ring to it, Sydney Shielas would be have a cult following in the US, the game would also appeal to other religions and wearing full body suits should be encouraged, tv would be interesting too, what slot would they be in?, Will the clubs allow members?, would be great to their pics up on the wall. Eventually classy women players would emerge, name the teams after the cities not the states though. I'm a huge wrap for it.

Can you give me a better percentages? Is there any SA girls playing in Victoria? Can Queensland have enough for two teams?

Love your thoughts.

unfortunately I don't really know all of them - The only reason I know about Aasta (and one another girl who played whose name slips my mind) is because I play footy with someone who used to play State women's footy for Queensland with them -

Why bother building a whole league from nothing that has a small talent pool and no demand?
To me it seems a lot smarter to try and build on the current Demons/Bulldogs exhibition game and eventually add more teams to it. The next step could simply be having 2 other clubs putting there hands up and having a second game, then having a small competition between the 4 teams. Just see where things go, there's no point to rushing into a full 8 team competition with brand new clubs that no one cares about.

You wouldn't watch young fit women running around in tight shorts? Really?

You may not know this about the internet champ because it is such a well kept secret, so I'll enlighten you. There are some websites out there that you can look at where there's better looking girls wearing even less... Some even perform acts much more arousing then watching butch women chasing a ball around. Obviously there are plenty of alternatives to the internet, but the only thing I know about you is that you have access to it seeming you were able to post here in this thread. The ability to locate and speak to women in real life as far as I know may not be something you are capable of but feel free to PM me for advice and I'll be happy to help you.

Now I'm not judging you because you like to get off in your own special way, but I imagine it would be degrading to the women who play the sport knowing there are people like you out there furiously fapping your little tacker over them.

At the risk of derailing this thread please consider the following;

The reason I wouldn't watch has nothing to do with gender. It's hard enough watching games between some teams in the AFL at times due to the poor quality of the sides. I don't see how in the foreseeable future how a national professional women's league would be able to obtain and sustain interest from the general public.

Can you give me a better percentages? Is there any SA girls playing in Victoria? Can Queensland have enough for two teams?

Love your thoughts.
Aasta O'Connor and Katie Brennan, 2 of the most dominant players in the VWFL are Queenslanders. Kara Donellan from the WAWFL is a Victorian and Jess Wuetschner from the WAWFL is Tasmanian. Anderson who I think is playing VWFL, is from Canberra. At least 1 of the players from the VWFL is from WA (from Coastal Titans, so if you include her, there were 8 Coastal Titans playing in the AFL games). Kirby Bentley is actually flying to Melbourne every few weeks to play with Melbourne Uni, while still playing in the WAWFL.

Do members want their membership money spent on funding a women's team though? I already have enough issues with what my Club spends money on.
You could just leave it in the bank. Or pay it to the AFL in equalisation fees. If it is not cutting in to what they spend on the mens football, does it really matter?

I do not think clubs who cannot afford it will get womens teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge demand by those who perceive they have a chance of playing in it. Interview recently with a VFL state youth girl mentioned how they were all talking about it, and wanting to play. I think you will find awareness and demand amongst the decent 15 - 18 year olds is high. If you are talking TV audience or crowds wanting to turn up, then no. But this isnt being driven by that.

Dont forget the overseas women that are over here already for womens footy. I think the canadian womens captain plays footy over here now. You could see more make it over here if there was some actual professionalism to be had.

Dont forget the overseas women that are over here already for womens footy. I think the canadian womens captain plays footy over here now. You could see more make it over here if there was some actual professionalism to be had.
Eastern Devils actually have 3 Canadians playing for them. One of the WA Bulldogs players is going to the US to take up a captain coaching role

You could just leave it in the bank. Or pay it to the AFL in equalisation fees. If it is not cutting in to what they spend on the mens football, does it really matter?

I do not think clubs who cannot afford it will get womens teams
It's not what members pay membership fees for so of course it matters, That's the whole principle of membership based clubs. It's the members money. If it matters to them it matters.

Actually just that minute got a twitter feed that Montreal (AFL Quebec) is adding 2 womens teams, which will mean as many womens teams as mens teams in Montreal. 6 of Ontarios 10 clubs also field womens teams, and both of Calgaries clubs have womens teams. Nova Scotia has 2 clubs both of which by the website are trying to start womens teams. There may be half as many womens teams as mens teams in Canada, a much higher proportion than in Australia, and is the reason they won last years international cup.

A national womens comp will almost certainly attract Canadians, and probably some Americans as well.

Try this article from Girls Play Footy which explains why Women's Footy is still seen as a 'novelty act'.

http://www.[NB: girlsplayfooty doma.../05/womens-footy-media-coverage-stuck-in.html

You pay membership fees to be a member.
No, I pay membership fees to be a member and have a say in my club via the voting mechanism. That is as opposed to season ticket holders who are not actually voting members of most clubs. In any case, your response begs the question as why people become members. I am sure it isn't to fund side teams that don't benefit the team which they pay up their fee to.

WAFL is already taken, how about AWFL?

Lulz, that is pretty clever.

Thinking they'll probably just go with AFL W or something like that.

You pay membership fees to be a member.

And in all clubs except WA the members decide on the board. I doubt creation of a Collingwood women's football team would be enough to trigger an EGM there, but if a less resourced club chased a license, the s**t might hit the fan.

Aasta O'Connor and Katie Brennan, 2 of the most dominant players in the VWFL are Queenslanders. Kara Donellan from the WAWFL is a Victorian and Jess Wuetschner from the WAWFL is Tasmanian. Anderson who I think is playing VWFL, is from Canberra. At least 1 of the players from the VWFL is from WA (from Coastal Titans, so if you include her, there were 8 Coastal Titans playing in the AFL games). Kirby Bentley is actually flying to Melbourne every few weeks to play with Melbourne Uni, while still playing in the WAWFL.

Thanks.

And in all clubs except WA the members decide on the board. I doubt creation of a Collingwood women's football team would be enough to trigger an EGM there, but if a less resourced club chased a license, the s**t might hit the fan.

Depends on the club. All clubs except West Coast, GWS and Gold Coast allow for at least 2 member elected positions to the board. In the case of Sydney, Adelaide and Port Adeliade, the remaining are now AFL appointees. For several Melbourne clubs now (collingwood, essendon, Bulldogs, and Tigers), up to 3 positions arent elected at all - they are board appointments. This means 1/3rd of the board of these clubs is none elected, and only require 2 elected members to vote with them to have a majority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back