Queensland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jack Darling
This is gaining some serious momentum.

What is everyones thoughts on this?

Would he add much?

Would his kick long, swing a player run up and down the ground gamestyle suit to crowbots?

Would he be welcomed as the messiah? or just a very naughty boy?

Yeah, really not sure anyone of note would be too keen on that player group given what went down. I know Bucks was pretty scathing of it and I believe the coaching fraternity as a whole would take a dim view of those things. Will be interesting to see, but it's interesting how there's very little doubt that the leadership group wanted Sando gone and that he didn't get a right of reply...

We'd love to have him, but not sure that's a realistic probability

Don't forget player power lead to us sacking robert shaw in 1996 and replacing him with Malcolm Blight. Blight's first action was to sack the 3 senior players behind the coup

Reckon we need someone with woosha's testicles

Didn't he say he wasn't interested?
I'm sure he will coach again just not this year. My bet is him going to somewhere like GWS or GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of whether he is in the frame for the Adelaide job, I'd love to hear what you think of him as a coach. I know he's a premiership coach who brought together an insanely talented squad so obviously he's reasonably good, but how good?

Good communicator?
Developer of young talent?
Strategy?
Match day coaching?

Cheers, and well done to Priddis…he tore us a new one this year and thoroughly deserves the medal. Seems a top bloke after listening to his speech.

Regardless of whether he is in the frame for the Adelaide job, I'd love to hear what you think of him as a coach. I know he's a premiership coach who brought together an insanely talented squad so obviously he's reasonably good, but how good?

Good communicator?
Developer of young talent?
Strategy?
Match day coaching?

Cheers, and well done to Priddis…he tore us a new one this year and thoroughly deserves the medal. Seems a top bloke after listening to his speech.

Hard to say from the outside, but...
Woosha changed a lot as a coach over his time as our head coach. Early on, he was a great inspirer and motivator. He made decisions based of his gut. As he matured as a coach, he seemed to want to make "justified" decisions. I think as a consequence he became a bit stagnant and predictable. That's just my assessment. Worsfold would bring confidence and discipline to a side and I think would be excellent in a scoped position that is based around setting cultural standards of hard work and stability.

I saw Woosha at Etihad stadium this year. He was eating a hotdog. Now I know he said no to Adelaide but he did put tomato sauce and mustard on the hotdog and it was on white bread. Yellow/white/red. Could be a sign.

Adelaide-crows-logo2.gif

Would delist anyone that doesn't beat him in a 3k time trial...
I doubt his whole 1 year away from coaching has taken him from "lost the passion C.B.F'd" to senior coaching again.

Cheers guys, maybe it will be Sumich with Worsfold as a senior/mentor type?

While I'm at it, your opinions on Sumich over his time at WC/Freo?

Woosha won't be involved at all.

Sumich has interviewed for every coaching gig in the last 5 + years and has failed to get a job. Couldn't even get the Eagles job as a favourite son.
IMO is likely a good assistant but struggles to be a senior coach.

On the flip side he could be awesome and everyone else is wrong.

On the flip side he could be awesome and everyone else is wrong.

This is a definite possibility. Without wanting to be unkind, Suma probably wouldn't interview very well; he doesn't speak very clearly and he's probably a bit too honest for his own good, but he does have a lot of experience and must have acquired a lot of knowledge.

I remember Worsfold saying his interview with WC was a bit strange. He arrived with a gameplan to sell the club, knowing fully well he would change it completely as soon as he got an understanding of the players and other circumstances. A certain element of bullshit is required.

Cheers guys, maybe it will be Sumich with Worsfold as a senior/mentor type?

While I'm at it, your opinions on Sumich over his time at WC/Freo?

It's traits of Malthouse + Worsfold and Lyon that Suma can bring to the table has had a long apprenticeship with premiership coaches .Suma assisted Judd and Cousins in their Brownlow years and like Hinkley knows what is required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back