Woosha to Adelaide?

Sumich has interviewed for every coaching gig in the last 5 + years and has failed to get a job.

Just playing devil's advocate, the same was true of Hinkley before he was "last man standing" at Port

Just playing devil's advocate, the same was true of Hinkley before he was "last man standing" at Port

Yep which is why I added my last sentence to my post.

paran

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2007
West Coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Washington Redskins

Yeah, when he was our midfield coach we had the best midfield in the comp. Moved to forward coach and we introduced the forward press and took the comp by storm. I remember JK saying he was the best coach he'd been around, so I believe the players really love him. Coached SF to WAFL premiers. He'd be a pretty average media performer IMHO, but a very good footy coach.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Yeah, when he was our midfield coach we had the best midfield in the comp. Moved to forward coach and we introduced the forward press and took the comp by storm. I remember JK saying he was the best coach he'd been around, so I believe the players really love him. Coached SF to WAFL premiers. He'd be a pretty average media performer IMHO, but a very good footy coach.

If you judge a coach on results, then you have to judge Suma with a big tick. I have been proven wrong with my assessment of him and that is because of a poor media presence. But I suspect the Crows are not bold enough to take a step like that. Port were in trouble and took a risk. Adelaide feel aggrieved and disappointed and probably still think they are a top club. You need to be down deeper that the Crows to realise more of the same give you more of the same.

Back