Words you dislike

Remove this Banner Ad

I can spell, it's the pronunciation of words that is the issue. It shouldnt be that hard for a competent speaker of a language to be able to pronounce a word based on how it is spelled.
You can't just change the spelling of a word overnight. These things happen over time.

Hate is when people refer to sparkling wine as 'bubbles'

Also:
- selfie
- buddy

Never heard of the term 'get smoko'.

Only 'take smoko' - as in have a 15 minute break.

Either way, its a horrible, bogan word.

Surprised to hear that - I'm sure just about every tradie and every workshop in Australia says "just off to grab some smoko"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champ or Cobber, mainly when customers call me that. I guess to them it's the same as me saying 'mate', but it just doesn't quite sit right with me.

A certain swearword that starts with C, hate it being used. Yet I love Campaigner :D, you can use it with mean intent and if the other person doesn't catch on then it's even better.

Couldn't live without it. For one thing Carlin's 'Seven dirty words' would be relegated to six immediately. And it has a musical charm all its own.

Actually the most annoying word in existence. Well it's not even a word.

Some poster (who I think is male) on this board (it might have been this thread) admitted to saying 'TShizzle' instead of Taylor Shift and then stated that (in their mind) that they still had a utensil.

That's worse than a thousand "bae"s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back