Working Class Bob Carr

Remove this Banner Ad

JRoo

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2012
Yangon Myanmar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It seems Bob Carr has decided to write a book about himself and his life to let us mere mortals read what it's like be him;

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...gn-ministers-diva-demands-20140409-zqspi.html

'I'm the best chairman I know': Bob Carr's Diary reveals former foreign minister's diva demands
Date
April 9, 2014 - 6:58PM
Tom Allard and Jonathan Swan
1397033848451.jpg-620x349.jpg

Former Australian foreign minister Bob Carr (second from right) at the G20 in September with US President Barack Obama, Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and Russian President Vladimir Putin. Photo: Reuters

Former foreign minister Bob Carr lifts the veil on arguably the most towering - and eccentric - ego in Australian politics in his new book, boldly declaring after attending a meeting of world leaders that he “cannot feel humble”.

I am Foreign Minister… I soar above the mundane and serve my country.

Laying out his peculiarities and peccadilloes, and the “diva” demands that exasperated his bureaucrats, Carr’s Diary of a Foreign Minister is a tour-de-force of details about his fanatical exercise regime and obsessive high protein, low sugar diet.

1397033849077.jpg-300x0.jpg

It’s also not shy in conveying the author’s self-regard and appetite for self-mockery.

The diary ends, as did Carr’s stint as foreign minister, at the G20 leaders’ meeting in Moscow in the week of the September 2013 federal election, where he is seated next to Vladimir Putin and looks across to Barack Obama.

Reflecting on his stature among world leaders, Carr recalls the words of the late novelist Gore Vidal: “I cannot feel humble. Interested, curious, of course. Just not humble.”

Some serious allegations of how Australia's foreign policy is determined.

Former foreign minister Bob Carr has suggested Julia Gillard’s dogged insistence on supporting Israel in a controversial United Nations vote was because Australian foreign policy had been “subcontracted” to Jewish donors.

Rudd’s had a “morbid interest” in the issue which had the potential to impact both on Australia’s fate in the upcoming vote for a seat on the UN security council and on his own chances to return to the prime ministership.

“How much of this is about money, I asked him,” Carr writes. “He said about one-fifth of the money he had raised in the 2007 election campaign had come from the Jewish community.”

Carr concludes that “subcontracting our foreign policy to party donors is what this involves. Or appears to involve.”

He describes how nine ministers spoke against Gillard when the issue was discussed by cabinet, and only two in favour of her position.

But she remained unmoved and said it was a “prime minister’s call”. She only changed her mind when she realised she was set to be overruled by the caucus - which would have ended her already tenuous hold on the leadership.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/09/bob-carr--gillard-foreign-policy-jewish-donors

Hang on... Rudd thought it in our interests to insert troops between Israel and its enemies for the sake of his “peace plan”???? and Carr's only tipping the bucket now? I love the way these Labor luminaries are all coming out now with what they knew. And yet they had no hesitation standing beside Rudd and attempting to foist him on the Australian people for yet another term! Whose interest do Labor MPs actually serve?

Hang on... Rudd thought it in our interests to insert troops between Israel and its enemies for the sake of his “peace plan”???? and Carr's only tipping the bucket now? I love the way these Labor luminaries are all coming out now with what they knew. And yet they had no hesitation standing beside Rudd and attempting to foist him on the Australian people for yet another term! Whose interest do Labor MPs actually serve?
luminaries or luvv!es?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently a direct quote from the book. He also says that the proles in America are all lardasses and he can tell the elite because they're skinny. I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.
Probably not a bad call, truth be known.

His tenure as NSW premier and his free ride to the Senate unelected has gone to his head in a massive way.

Some stuff from over 10 years ago

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s803054.htm

‘Carr’s Attack on Sausage Rolls’
The issue of food made its way onto the campaign trail yesterday with Bob Carr expressing his disdain for one of the nation’s favourite junk foods…
‘Sausage rolls are disgusting’, the Premier declared…
‘They are fat encased in fat.’

It was just a throwaway line on the campaign trail but once it was out there Carr seized the opportunity. He called the press corps to a pie shop in his electorate and fronted the cameras.

‘I reckon anyone, faced with a choice between this and a sausage roll would go for this. It’s the more Australian choice anyway. This is our national dish.’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back