Worksafe Victoria to Interview 34 Essendon players

Remove this Banner Ad

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/es...supplements-saga/story-fndv8gad-1227289779367

WORKSAFE Victoria is closing in on Essendon and the AFL over the club’s “pharmacologically experimental” supplements program.

The authority is seeking to interview the 34 past and present Essendon players cleared of doping by an AFL tribunal on Tuesday.

Letters inviting the players to meet with WorkSafe investigators were distributed this week.

The workplace authority is conducting separate investigations into Essendon and the AFL over the Bombers’ 2012 drugs regimen.

Player agents were made aware of the interview requests by the AFL Players’ Association.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if they records will now magically appear now that the players case has been concluded and WorkSafe are investigating. I wonder if the afl would take action against the efc if said records did now appear or if they would just look the other way .....
so the club will magically find records that were never taken, risking possible bans to players for who knows what, just to avoid a $500k fine?

But my answers on the HTB have often been wrong !!

I have found this

https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/__d...NSATION_COMPLIANCE_AND_ENFORCEMENT_POLICY.pdf

Obtaining information WorkSafe may issue a notice requiring any person to provide information or attend and give evidence or to produce all ‘books’ in their custody or control (section 239, AC Act). ‘Books’ means ‘any register or other record of information and any accounts or accounting records, however compiled, recorded or stored, and also includes any document’.

so the club will magically find records that were never taken, risking possible bans to players for who knows what, just to avoid a $500k fine?

More like to avoid the foundation that WorkSafe would lay for the players to sue their efc for the supplement program .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back