Portfolio World Australian fumblerverse League

Remove this Banner Ad

vMJXuBx.png

A former member of the South American Footy League was established in 1991 by John Novak the actor. John become a fan of Aussie Rules while working in the US and decided to bring the game to his home town, after 12 months of negotiations with the City and other backers the Caracas Frogs were established and entered their first ever season.
In a soccer mad city the club did start off slowly to attract crowds greater than 10,000 but after wining 10 games in their first season and beating the eventual Grand Finalists Sao Paulo the Frogs managed to get 22,000 members before the start of their second season and rallied hard to eventually crack the 25,000 mark by the end of season 2.
Season 3 seen the membership plateau but it was the first season that the Frogs made the finals of the SAFL, the club made it to the Preliminary Final against Manaus but were eventually toppled by two goals. Season four is were the club finally showed it's promise by gathering 35,000 members and wining the Grand Final over Rio in Rio by 24 points but they also went on to beat the North American Footy Association winners Florida Storm by 12 points in the game that Unites America.

Championships:

SAFL - 1992 - 1995 1996 1999 2000 2006
WAfL - 2007 - zero

: 5
Unites America - 1995 1999 2000

Fumbler, here are my suggestions:

I would suggest the Brazil side to not be based in either Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro. I want the team to unify the country and maybe base it in Brasilia or Goiania?

Brasilia (National capital, a symbol of politic corruption) and Goiania aren't large and don't have enough tradition in sport as São Paulo and Rio. I'd avoid Porto Alegre too, since south sports teams are majorly attached to concept of local heritage. If you still want to avoid both and still have some traditional place to go, I suggest you Curitiba. Unless you do a team representing all the nation. It could be called Jaguars, since capybaras are too peaceful to form a sports club.

Brasilia (National capital, a symbol of politic corruption) and Goiania aren't large and don't have enough tradition in sport as São Paulo and Rio. I'd avoid Porto Alegre too, since south sports teams are majorly attached to concept of local heritage. If you still want to avoid both and still have some traditional place to go, I suggest you Curitiba. Unless you do a team representing all the nation. It could be called Jaguars, since capybaras are too peaceful to form a sports club.
Well, as your username says, you'd know a lot more about Brazil than I do. I only suggested it because there was only one spot. But then that's a good summary and your suggestion is better than mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back