World Cup Crowds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, its so unfair that Brisbane has been screwed over with the games they got. To have two Minnow nations playing each other at such a big stadium is wrong, why not play this in Hobart or Canberra or even better in one of the tiny NZ grounds.

And it turned out to be the best game of the tournament thus far, so cant complain too much

25,000 @ the MCG tonight? Crowd looks great especially with the Sri Lankan and Bangladesh fans really getting into it.

So, the crowds since the last post in this thread:

South Africa vs West Indies, SCG - 23,612
New Zealand vs Australia, Eden Park - 40,053
India vs UAE, WACA - 8,718
Sri Lanka vs England, Wellington Regional Stadium - 18,183
Pakistan vs Zimbabwe, Gabba - 9,847

The Gabba crowd strikes me as being really below par. I would have expected 15,000 for a match not involving an associate team. Other than that, they've still been good.

I expected a crowd as low as that at the GABBA, especially as they have been screwed over by CA & the ICC, the three games they were given were pathetic and I dont blame so few locals turning up.

The Crowds for the Quarter Finals will be interesting. I am going to the Adelaide Oval Aussie game and as of yesterday there would be about half of the tickets left .

Hopefully it will sell out but it seems unlikely unless the game is AUS v SAF/IND.

I'm guessing the ticket prices may be scaring some people away as there is a big jump from $20 to $90-100 for the Quarter/Semi Finals.

Disappointing about Adelaide especially as they know its going to be an Australian game, but it is 2 weeks away

One of the reasons may be that we haven't had a game in Adelaide since Feb 15th and with the World Cup not being on FTA TV there is not a lot of coverage apart from bits and pieces about the Aussies. Hopefully with two games next week interest will pick up.

One of the reasons may be that we haven't had a game in Adelaide since Feb 15th and with the World Cup not being on FTA TV there is not a lot of coverage apart from bits and pieces about the Aussies. Hopefully with two games next week interest will pick up.

Also, the QF is on a Friday, so people may not be willing to pay $50+ to watch half a game if they can't get the time off work.

Hoping something like a full house turns up at the WACA tomorrow. Going by ticket sales there'll be a good crowd.

Pakistan vs UAE at Napier...ground holds 20k in a city of 60k...6-7k would be a good result.

Hoping something like a full house turns up at the WACA tomorrow. Going by ticket sales there'll be a good crowd.

Pakistan vs UAE at Napier...ground holds 20k in a city of 60k...6-7k would be a good result.
Hope it picks up for the evening session.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great crowd at the WACA for IND v WI 17000

Not sure of official figures but great crowd at Eden Park for SAF v PAK. Looked like about 25,000ish.

Terrible crowd at Bellerive Oval in Tassie though. Looked like 3000 to 4000 only.

Sellout at the SCG for AUS v SL, should be 45,000-48,000 for the biggest game of the tournament so far.

Great crowd at the WACA for IND v WI 17000

Not sure of official figures but great crowd at Eden Park for SAF v PAK. Looked like about 25,000ish.

Terrible crowd at Bellerive Oval in Tassie though. Looked like 3000 to 4000 only.

Sellout at the SCG for AUS v SL, should be 45,000-48,000 for the biggest game of the tournament so far.

Crowd at Eden Park was 22,713. Excellent, especially considering New Zealand isn't as much of a cricket loving country as Australia.

At Bellerive though, only 4,048. It's a shame too, because they missed out on one of the closest games in the tournament so far.

SCG looked fantastic absolutely packed out. Loved the enormous Sri Lankan contingent, as the commentators said it was probably a 50-50 crowd which made for an amazing atmosphere on TV. Would have been great to be there.

i was fortunate enough to attend the IndvPak and IndvSaf games... amazing crowds

The Adelaide match had half the attendance of the 'G but I recall it being almost as loud

If India make the final (and I'll be there)... 95k minimum will fill the G

i was fortunate enough to attend the IndvPak and IndvSaf games... amazing crowds

The Adelaide match had half the attendance of the 'G but I recall it being almost as loud

If India make the final (and I'll be there)... 95k minimum will fill the G

The mcg only holds about 90,000 during the world cup.

Great crowd in Adelaide tonight, 11,963.

Pretty good considering what we had on in Adelaide today. 30000 at Womadelaide Intl Music Festival, Fringe Festival, 20000 at Future Music Festival, & 11000 at the Adelaide Cup.

What a game, probably the game of the World Cup so far.

Great crowd in Adelaide tonight, 11,963.

Pretty good considering what we had on in Adelaide today. 30000 at Womadelaide Intl Music Festival, Fringe Festival, 20000 at Future Music Festival, & 11000 at the Adelaide Cup.

What a game, probably the game of the World Cup so far.

So we got more people to three other events than the reason we have the public holiday for :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back