World Cup Final - Vote

Who wins?

• Australia

Votes: 71 78.0%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They are the most balanced team and haven't been beaten. Our batting line-up is a glass cannon, and we are far too reliant on Starc in particular with the ball.
I think they are on a pretty similar level to us. Boult and Starc cancel each other out, but Southee has been expensive on occasion and Johnson as second foil is pretty similar. Vettori is obviously still handy but I'd back Smith and co to handle him come final day. Their batting is fairly reliant on McCullum/Williamson and the rest can be run through if we get our tails up. We'll have them.

Think Smith at three makes a huge difference to our batting lineup though, and Clarke can come in and do a salvage job if everything goes awry with the big hitters. Our batting is fine now.

I'd prefer their bowling lineup over ours though, unless Johnson suddenly rediscovers his Ashes form.

I think they are on a pretty similar level to us. Boult and Starc cancel each other out, but Southee has been expensive on occasion and Johnson as second foil is pretty similar. Vettori is obviously still handy but I'd back Smith and co to handle him come final day. Their batting is fairly reliant on McCullum/Williamson and the rest can be run through if we get our tails up. We'll have them.
Did you not watch the game the other day. Williamson did s**t all and they chased down 298.

What doesn't impress you about their team?
Their middle order (used to like Taylor but he hasn't really impressed me this WC) and bowling attack outside of Boult and Vettori (Southee seems a little meh to me, especially when he's not swinging it)

Having said that our attack doesn't exactly fill me with a lot of confidence either, glad we have depth in our batting.

These are probably two of the best three bowling attacks in the world... I think you're being a harsh judge.

I think it will be a good game but I feel we will take it out. I see their batting lineup as brittle, it has power like ours but its not that deep. If williamson goes cheap and they are chasing a big score I think they could struggle.

Key players for each team that will decide the game imo
Smith Vs Williamson
Maxwell Vs Mcculum
Starc VS Boult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This NZ team will go down as one of the best ever to win a WC (probably just behind Australian team of 2007) if they win on Sunday.

Called it before the tournament started. I think there will be a bit of an 'MCG factor' and will advantage us; but will it be enough to win?
You seriously think that the NZ team is one of the best WC sides ever? What are you smoking?

So when we beat them it will mean we have the second best world cup team ever?

You seriously think that the NZ team is one of the best WC sides ever? What are you smoking?

So when we beat them it will mean we have the second best world cup team ever?
Going by how they've had big wins in almost all their games so far, and how they've played in the knockouts, and for them to win they'd have to come over here for their only game in Australia and win, plus the fact that they'd have gone through the tournament undefeated, means they would place highly in any list of cricket WC winners. The Australian team of 2007 who smacked every team they came across (I think our closest game was the final) and went undefeated in a WC away from home (not counting their 5-0 whitewash of England couple of months or so before) puts that team ahead of the others.

I think it will be a good game but I feel we will take it out. I see their batting lineup as brittle, it has power like ours but its not that deep. If williamson goes cheap and they are chasing a big score I think they could struggle.

Smith Vs Williamson
Maxwell Vs Mcculum
Starc VS Boult

Johnson vs Southee is just as important as Starc vs Boult. Both are second best pace bowlers in their respective sides that have taken wickets but have tended slightly on the expensive side this tournament. If one has a great day, could be the difference.

Don't underestimate how much of a factor moving from postage stamp grounds to the MCG which has boundaries approximately 30metres longer will be. New Zealand batsmen could easily be caught in no mans land.

I voted out of hope more than anything. Just hope the BC's aren't happy with just making the final. More than capable of winning it, but Aus the clear favourites.

australias only the clear favorite because NZ's been rubbish for years, cricket is slow to catch on to form. in recent months NZ has been in cracking form and they've played better throughout the tournament.

I just hope australia wins, because i can't stand the idea of kiwi's winning two world cups in one year :p

Smith Vs Williamson
Maxwell Vs Mcculum
Starc VS Boult
I agree with this. Australia probably beats NZ 4 out of 5 times. However, this one time out of 5 is what worries me!

Two very evenly matches teams. I think it's going to be a ripping final.

I think Australia have the edge in the batting department as there are so many match winners in the top 6, but a lot relies on having wickets in hand by the 30 thirtieth over which is why Smith and Clarke are ideal at 3 and 4. If one of our openers can shine we will be hard to beat. Hopefully Warner can do something as he had been a little disappointing. NZ still have a terrific batting lineup but seem to have a few chinks in the armour IMO.

I think the bowling lineups are quite even. Starc and Boult have been amazing to watch and have the ablility to win the game respectively.

Australia to get up in a thriller.

Back