World Cup Final - Vote

Who wins?

• Australia

Votes: 71 78.0%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Australia is the strongest side - but it's one day cricket. It's very much about taking and capitalizing on your chances.

Basically, every batsman gets one innings only - and even if he's having a great game, he gets, at best, 150 balls to face. A bowler gets a maximum of 60 balls - no matter how well he's bowling.

In Test cricket, everybody gets the chance at two innings (and can bat as long as they can), every bowler gets the opportunity to bowl as much as their form dictates. So the more talented side tends to win far more regularly at Test Cricket.

I do think Australia play a higher risk game than NZ - particularly in the bowling. Johnson, Starc and Faulkner can have really bad days (this tournament they are bowling well). Maxwell is an average spinner that seems to scream 'Hit me!'. Hazlewood has made a big difference. The Kiwis with Southee and Vettori particularly seem a more reliable attack.

It'll be fun.

Game was ruined by mcullum before it begun. His side has no hope, the best thing for the game was if Australia batted first.

Back