World cup (of basketball) 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Ayon was decent in his time for the Hornets/Pelicans.

The Spurs were supposedly looking at him before the World Cup - so probably still watching... might have to wait until we actually get Baynes to resign. (there can't be too much of a gap between his request and the Spurs offer)... and with us supposedly in the hunt for Ray Allen, i don't think we've got enough roster spots to fit everybody.

Pretty bad choke there. Brad Newley undid all his good work with his pathetic free throw display when we had chances to extend the lead. Ingles bad free throw shooting too.
Lemanis had a shocker. Very little full court pressure. Exum playing too much. Threw the in form Gibson out to the wolves bringing him on way too late. Anderson 3 fouls in the final quarter. No Goulding when he was in form.
Bad refereeing although Turkey copped a bad deal for a lot of the game.
Pretty shattered right now but hopefully we are moving in the right direction. Shedding the oldies and maybe having a good look at the coach for a big Olympics coming up.
Delly man of the match there. Baynes man of the series.

F*** me that is a gutting finish. :( :( Can't believe it.

We were leading the whole freakin game, felt like we were the better side, we just went a bit cold late on and they hit a big 3. Very flukey, but we should have been in front by more. Anderson was a liability for most of the tournament and everyone struggled so badly with the free throws. The players will be absolutely gutted.

Delly and Baynes played well, Bairstow and Ingles decent. Just didn't quite have much offensive rhythm for much of the night except for a couple of patches where we got out to 10-12 point leads.

Shattered, I think we really should have won.

If Newley had of hit his free throws no doubt we would have won.

The coach needs to be sacked lmao, how he left Newly out there for 22 minutes chucking bricks was a disgrace.
Yeah Motum didn't get much of a run. Newly had a night to forget.

The reality is that you can't let these games get so close because you are always susceptible to a freakish 3 or something. The team will rue the fact that we were not able to hold on to our 6 point lead in the last minute and keep some buffer.

Yeah Motum didn't get much of a run. Newly had a night to forget.

The reality is that you can't let these games get so close because you are always susceptible to a freakish 3 or something. The team will rue the fact that we were not able to hold on to our 6 point lead in the last minute and keep some buffer.
Even the last play was moronic the last person on the court who should be driving to win the game is a guy who is hitting 45% of his FT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. So we tanked, lost confidence and as a result lost against Turkey. I'm all for the coach getting the boot
I don't think the coach was that bad. The team performed ok, obviously it will be considered a failure because we had the opportunity to progress further. But on paper there were probably 8 or 9 other teams in this tournament who had better teams than us.

The team was over-hyped a bit. If Bogut and Mills were there then we would have been a genuine medal threat but really we were just one of a number of third tier teams that were battling it out.

Pretty shattered, it's been an entertaining tournament. Interested to see how Exum goes in the NBA I reckon he has been massively overhyped and will struggle for the first couple of years. Maybe the NBA will suit his game style a little bit more than the physical nature of this world cup but he still looks like a boy out there. Very smooth and composed and has some tools but still miles miles off impacting games at the world class level.

Pretty bad choke there. Brad Newley undid all his good work with his pathetic free throw display when we had chances to extend the lead. Ingles bad free throw shooting too.
Lemanis had a shocker. Very little full court pressure. Exum playing too much. Threw the in form Gibson out to the wolves bringing him on way too late. Anderson 3 fouls in the final quarter. No Goulding when he was in form.
Bad refereeing although Turkey copped a bad deal for a lot of the game.
Pretty shattered right now but hopefully we are moving in the right direction. Shedding the oldies and maybe having a good look at the coach for a big Olympics coming up.
Delly man of the match there. Baynes man of the series.

at least simmons will be happy exum got minutes

So we tanked and ended up worse than we would have otherwise? Great. Now we will be told crap like "They did us proud" and "At least they gave 100%". That's the Boomers for ya. :rolleyes:

Also, I think Australians need to stop overrating our players. How many times did you hear guys like Shane Heal saying that we were a legit shot at the medal? Just because we have a few NBA benchwarmers doesn't mean we are as good as the top nations.

Lemanis must go! Pathetic coaching display! We need Basketball Australia to invest in a Brett Brown level coach.

Broekhoff not feeling ... should've played Goulding down the stretch.
Anderson was defensively poo ... Motum should've played more.
Dellavadova was too unselfish ... take some shots boy!

Interested to see how Exum goes in the NBA I reckon he has been massively overhyped and will struggle for the first couple of years. Maybe the NBA will suit his game style a little bit more than the physical nature of this world cup but he still looks like a boy out there. Very smooth and composed and has some tools but still miles miles off impacting games at the world class level.

His biggest issue is his inability to fight through screens ... Yes, he's physically immature but he needs to start fighting through them! Give away some fouls if need be!

Simply disappointing, so much for the funding and such from the tank. Again the Australian team struggles with consistency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back