World cup (of basketball) 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky it wasn't anything serious, just a minor sprain. Cringed for a second, but he should be playing next game. He played really well which is promising for his first NBA season coming up.
Don't tell me Utah Execs and coaches haven't called us up to make him sit out. Not Paul George related of course

Curry and Harden backcourt would be the ultimate offense.
This is what the defense would look like
Sieve.jpg
When you're scoring 40 more per game than all opponents, not a massive issue

Don't tell me Utah Execs and coaches haven't called us up to make him sit out. Not Paul George related of course
You're lucky Bogut isn't playing. I'm actually sure he isn't going to play any international basketball anymore with the amount of injuries he's got.

Anyone reckon Lithuania might be able to knock off the USA?
I think Spain will beat them.
Gasol x2, Ibaka, Rubio, Calderon and Navarro would push the best US teams this team is their weakest ever.

Last edited:
International rules be international rules.

true. but they should evolve. FIFA once dictated that numbers 1-11 be worn by starting XI players. now you can wear any number.

from experience playing social ball here, the organisation advised you cant wear certain numbers due to possible conflict and confusion with numerical hand signals the refs use to indicate jersey/player number. what a load of BS.

ok it aint just fiba

American basketball leagues at all levels traditionally use single and double digits between 0 and 5 (i.e. 0, 00, 1–5, 10–15, 20–25, 30–35, 40–45, and 50–55). The NCAA and most amateur competitions mandate that only these numbers be used. This eases non-verbal communication between referees, who use fingers to denote a player's number, and the official scorer. In college basketball, single-digit players' numbers are officially recorded as having a leading zero. Teams can have either a "0" or "00", but they cannot have both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So am I correct in saying the games are only on FTA and not Foxtel, not even the ABC channel on Foxtel?

EDIT: Damn it's only ABC 2 on FTA...

Last edited:
Dellavedova and Broekhoff to start, with Exum coming off the bench: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketb...-world-cup-20140828-109025.html#ixzz3Bh5j1pxd
Ingles has the right of it when he says Exum "is not an old professional". His pro experience has been limited to Summer League games, and (months) prior to that he was playing high school ball in Australia. He has great potential, but we all have to temper our expectations of what he can do in this tourney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back