World Series of Poker Asia-Pacific (WSOP APAC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Busted at the end of Day 2 - suited AK V Jacks, after 3betting on the button and a bloke 4 bet shoving (had about 25k left)..

Known Mikel for ages... He's certainly odd and I really don't think anyone will ever 'get' him (I don't either).. If anything he'll make the final table entertaining.. He's not a clever player by any means, however I have to give credit where it's due, he picks his spots very well.. He won something like 10 Aussie Millions main event seats earlier in the year.

My god if he wins it all it would be hilarious and for that reason I'm rooting for him LOL I'd love the comedy of it

Would love for Khale to ship it, followed by DN and then Mikel for the lulz (although I would hate for him to be repping poker on an big stage)

Only time I've ever seen mikel drop his guard was when we were on a table with an old school friend of his and they were having a laugh about old times, he came across as a pretty normal guy then. Every other time he appears to be putting on a tough guy image but looks more like a toothless tiger. If you can get past that then hes a pretty ok guy and likes to enjoy himself at the tables

I think having a personality like Mikel at the tables is better than having some antisocial online guy

My god if he wins it all it would be hilarious and for that reason I'm rooting for him LOL I'd love the comedy of it

Pretty much this.

Ive always been a defender of Hachem because he does the social aspect of poker 99% better than anyone else

But I'm about at my capacity of having to hear him try to talk strat on these streams. The guy isnt horrible at poker, but I think he's one of those guys thats horrible at verbalising what hes thinking and often what hes trying to say and what he ends up saying are completely different things

Mikel providing some lulz

It's Negreanu's to lose from here.

Anyone just see DN knock our Tsatis?

AQhh V J9hh on a QJJ flop, got all in on turn and the river....... Q

Gives DN 75% of chips in play. Go DN!
Yeah was pretty sick.

DN deserves this though outplayed every one at the table.

Yeah was pretty sick.

DN deserves this though outplayed every one at the table.

I don't be grudge him at all

He's a great ambassador for Poker and am happy to see him win. Providing he doesn't get a horror run, he shouldn't lose from here

He also just busted another player flopping flushes casually vs AK on an A high board to go heads up

I've watched this final table all the way through and Negreanu has made it very entertaining to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TV schedule announced:

Sunday 14th July 2013
8:00 PM – Caesar’s Cup (ep 1)
9:00 PM – Caesar’s Cup (ep 2)

Sunday 21st July 2013
8:00 PM – $50,000 High Roller Event (ep 1)
9:00 PM – $50,000 High Roller Event (ep 2)

Sunday 28th July 2013
8:00 PM – Main Event (ep 1)
9:00 PM – Main Event (ep 2)

If you want to look back through the live reporting, or check the results page on Hendonmob:
http://www.pokerlistings.com/live-tournaments/wsop-apac
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=79069
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=79072
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=79073

On the coverage of the 50k High Roller event on Sunday night, stupid Lon McEachern just happened to mention that Joseph Cheong (who was HU in the 50k) finished 32nd in the Main Event and that Daniel Negreanu won. The first airing of the Main Event is next Sunday! Well done idiot.

PS: cashed up Asian businessmen play lolbad

On the coverage of the 50k High Roller event on Sunday night, stupid Lon McEachern just happened to mention that Joseph Cheong (who was HU in the 50k) finished 32nd in the Main Event and that Daniel Negreanu won. The first airing of the Main Event is next Sunday! Well done idiot.

PS: cashed up Asian businessmen play lolbad

Wonder if that's a stuff up with ESPN airing eps in the wrong order. Already know the results anyway

Of course we all know the results, but a lot of Americans on 2p2 complain about thread spoilers as ESPN plays down to the November Nine. So I guess there are people that are on 2p2, watch poker on tv, but don't actually know who won.

pretty lol from ESPN

I would think a lot of the audiance are rec people who dont know much about poker but are interested because its in melbourne etc and they see big money being played for

They wouldnt even know there was a main event until it comes on, or now they know because its been spoiled and might not watch it

Rookie error

Bump for announcement that WSOP-APac will be back next year in October from October 1-17 in Melbourne

From now on going to alternate each year from Europe to Asia-Pacific

I like it, spreads it apart from Aussie Mills, and will likely be a bigger field and more sats since there is a 9 month gap between Aussie Mills and WSOP.

Might make a smaller Aussie Mills 2015 though

Didnt see that coming so quickly

I like that its now 10 events (not sure how many WSOPE had, but we only had 5). Hopefully this number grows over time.

WSOPA was a little flat tbh, so hopefully this makes it a little bigger and brings in more rec players

One thing a lot of international players did was spend the time between Aussie Millions and WSOPA in Australia touring our circuit, wonder if we'll see more events in between October and Jan next year now to try and get some of that market

Remove this Banner Ad

Back