World Series of Poker Asia-Pacific (WSOP APAC)

Remove this Banner Ad

I must have had the softest table in the room first up with 3 nsw pub poker winners, 1 loose Asian woman, 1 American rec player from Alice springs and 3 ok melb regs.

I have played $4.40 with better standards.

The second table was definitely a step up though.

If this isn't the last #WSOPAPAC in Melbourne, it's the 2nd last.

I doubt Sydney will be the next, Macau has always been the frontrunner.

Any suggestions from left field? Seoul, Manila, Cebu?

Last edited:

Obvious choice next time is Macau

I don't think Sydney would be in the running afterwards but I would like it

Potential Seoul?

I think when they made the decision to rotate APAC and Europe each year they had the idea of getting APAC in to Asia

Just realised the PLO tomorrow is scheduled to finished day 1 at 4am and restart at 12:30pm the next day, giving a 8.5 hour break in between days

Seems like a ****ed up scheduling error

Just realised the PLO tomorrow is scheduled to finished day 1 at 4am and restart at 12:30pm the next day, giving a 8.5 hour break in between days

Seems like a ****** up scheduling error

Surely that's against union regulations.... ;)

I'd be a little concerned that the lack of enthusiasm about the WSOP APAC together with any poor scheduling decisions could hurt the Aussie Millions.

How many would be that keen to fly 20 hours again and be back here in 3 months time?

Will the Main Event get 300 entries? My guess is it will.

Event | 2013 | 2014
\ $1100 Accumulator | 1085 | 611
\ $1650 PLO | 172 | 119
\ $10k Main Event | 405 | ???

Limped pot, blind on blind, with 5 left in Event #2 ($2200 NLH):

From the small blind, Aik-Chuan Nee limped in and Peco Stojanovski checked.

The dealer spread a
8d.gif
7d.gif
4d.gif
flop, Nee bet out 8,000 and Stojanovski made the call.

The
2h.gif
landed on the turn and Nee fired again, this time for 19,000, Stojanovski made the call.

The dealer dropped the
2s.gif
on the river, Nee pushed out a bet of 48,000. Stojanovski moved all in for 148,000 and Nee snap-called.

Stojanovski:
7s.gif
2c.gif
HAMMER TIME BABY, FULL HOUSE :thumbsu:
Nee:
6d.gif
5d.gif
OH!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lisandro gets the job done in Event 3, the $1650 PLO.

They started with 6 players, 6 hands in and only 3 were left!

Wouldn't be many people that have won WSOP, WSOPE and WSOP APAC bracelets. Negreanu is one.

If Americans would just book with Qantas or Virgin, they would be a lot happier (or take a private jet instead).

Have 9k on dinner in the dealers choice which is about avg

Limit Holdem is the ugly cousin of the bunch, being greatly ignored

Had a pretty tough table but no 2-7 which I was thankful for, most agreed it just took to long for the size of pots

Lots of stud8 which was my game of choice which I'm happy about a decent amount of PLO

There was an American who got visually upset whenever someone didn't pick PLO or Holdem early because he thought PLO and NLHE went faster so we should be playing those

I was forced to pick based on stack size for a little while which worked, but also got it in near stone dead in Razz but survived with a pair of twos beating a pair of fours

Also got an awesome stud8 hand where I got a worse high hand to call river and the only low to fold thinking the hi caller was actually a 6low caller so he folds a 7 low for a lot of bets

10 levels of late entry is *ed, but W/E

Im probably playing Sunday for main, have played some sats for some good, but mostly bad results this week. Had arguably the worst table for the 6max (me, Aaron Lim, Ami Barer, two online studs, one person not much worse than me probably) which was a bad time.

Busted main, I think I butchered last hand (Jammed a flush draw on a "scary" turn card for slightly over pot, was probably a mistake) and made a couple other mistakes but meh, w/e

First table was softest 10k table ever, but didn't get anything going at all, ran a three barrel bluff on a good board with 7 high and got snapped off by what ended up as fourth pair) and after that never had the hands to punish the fish two to my right.

Got my table broken, ended up at a table with Aaron Lim, Ryan Riess, Oliver Gill and three other studs but broke even for about two levels and then busted with my last hand raising with KJhh, getting called in two spots. Flopped 972hh, cbet, got called in one spot, turn was an offsuit ace and jammed for more than pot, got called by A2 (one of the few combos that takes that line, though some of the Axhh hands do as well.

Was a s**t week in general, got to about five different $1k sats where I thought I would convert over 50% of the time and went 1 from 5 which was a real shame, and about 1/13 overall.

Last sat in particular sucked. Jammed Queens from the button, SB who is quite a good MTT player makes a bonehead call with AJs given how close to the money we are and turns an ace and I bust 21st with 17 seats on offer. That was pretty tilting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back